Jeep Wave. Anyone feel like this?

2020JLURUBICON

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White JLU Rubicon
Southern Indiana, folks are super nice here! 90% wave. I dont really care what someone does with their jeep, or doesnt do with their jeep, I think the community is unlike any other automotive fan base, in a good way. I have not tackled moab but still consider myself a jeep fan. Right wrong or indifferent the fan base is growing along with the jeep community, which I think is cool.
PS- I am 40 so am a spring chicken. For anyone that has been a jeeper longer than me, I am open to learning all I can which is why this forum is so great!
Sponsored

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I am surprised Californians dare wave at people may be against some law...
Proposition 72. Waving is known to the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm.

I also rarely get a wave from fancy Wranglers when I’m driving my built TJ. In short, don’t expect a wave from my new JL unless I can see some dirt, rock rash, or desert pin stripes on yours.
I about lost my mind when I saw a... I don't know, CJ2A? CJ3? CJ4? I'm not as familiar with the really old Jeeps, sad to admit. Whatever it was, it was ancient, it was tiny, and it was straining its balls off trying to run 45 mph. I felt like a normal person who saw his favorite movie star at Starbucks.

I would wave at a built TJ too. đź‘‹

For my own part, I wave at people and wave back when people wave at me, but I don't lose any sleep worrying whether or not I'm a poser. I'm not a poser. You just have to squint to see the damage, because I've been lucky so far. :CWL:

Deleted member 59498

Ten years ago, I used to wave to all Wranglers, but now I've pretty much stopped. Around here I can't drive to the supermarket without passing 10-20 Wranglers--most of them shiny new models with big tires and not a speck of dust. I realized I used to wave to other Jeeps because we shared a common vehicle & passion—the need to get out of the rat race and find interesting trails to explore. But I don’t feel any common interest with those that drive a Wrangler because it’s cool, sexy, or compensates for some other genetic disadvantage. I feel the same commonality with these poseurs as I did with the 90s soccer moms that loved to drive lifted Excursions with 37” mud tires and shiny wheels. I also rarely get a wave from fancy Wranglers when I’m driving my built TJ. In short, don’t expect a wave from my new JL unless I can see some dirt, rock rash, or desert pin stripes on yours.
I drive one because they are awesome looking. Had a CJ7 in the late 80s early 90s that to be honest was a piece of shit. Had to wield the sun gear closed because was worn out because of bad steel. My brother did that actually. But I never drove a Jeep for the off road side of the legacy but because it was iconic, loved by everyone I ever met and just special.

Some of you guys spend 10000 dollars on tires and lifts and shit like that but I find that to be a waste. Because in a Zombie Apocalypse with a good recovery bar I am running them over like rocks in MOAB. During the 90s I had several off-road trucks jeeps and other SUVs? We didn’t call them SUV then I had a Suzuki that we worked over. Wow wasted a lot of money on that useless thing.

Why must our jeeps be beat up off road and scratched and have ridiculous 37-inch tires?

Mine has 4300 miles is a 2020 I have had for 16 months. Been on one off road trail that was like gravel road to you hardcore total badass off-road guys who can take a 50k dollar vehicle off-road like it is candy corn on Halloween are badass. We bow to you.

Hell I destroyed enough cars when I was younger, now my Jeep is like a sports car. I love her clean and shiny.

Deleted member 59498

Oh I have owned at least 6 jeeps, from Liberty that I loved and was awesome to several Wranglers.

Sponsored

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
I swear, the next Jeep that doesn't wave back I'm gonna lay some road rage on 'em...............never mind, I was driving my pickup :blush:
haha... never have, never will buy into that fad. Yeah, at least Jeepers don't buy a bunch of black leather and try to look like bad asses they just aren't.
I guess even among the great people on this forum there have to be a couple of real jerks who have to try to put others down to feel better about themselves. In this case, you are that jerk.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
So you are waving at strangers because of the kind of car they drive? Uhhh OK
Yes, and more of it is sorely needed to bring society back in from the brink. After all, look at what the divided we stand united we fall mentality has done to this country.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
I guess even among the great people on this forum there have to be a couple of real jerks who have to try to put others down to feel better about themselves. In this case, you are that jerk.
Am I? Because I think something called a Jeep Wave is silly?

I am simply voicing my opinion that I think it is dumb, period.

I also think you being butt hurt over my opinion is HILARIOUS!

Go ahead and disagree but you calling me a jerk over this would be a bit hypocritical don't you think? You need to put me down to feel better about your "wave club" OMG... TOO FUNNY.

Sponsored

JMGT25

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
I am new Jeep owner, there are a lot of wranglers in my are (Westchester NY). The wave back rate is pretty low. I would say around 20%, which is sad. A lot of younger people who probably don't know the wave exists.

OGPizzaBoy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Why must our jeeps be beat up off road and scratched?
Agreed...I've been off road in Florida, Georgia, and the Carolinas. Returned home with pinstriping but it always buffs out and I wash regularly. It stays clean...if that makes me a poser and not deserving of a wave or a member of the elitist jeep community mentality that some seem to have, so be it....to each their own.

I will say that I'm a 50 year old man, and first time jeep owner jumping over from 4wd trucks... and I feel a sense of family when we exchange waves. It's really cool.

Last edited:

R00STER

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6L - 6sp
I waved to a lady today in a Sahara and she was beautiful and she gave a big smile and waved back. Made my day anyway! We were at a red light. Take a smile when I can get one!
Right there with you Scott, happened to me the other day too. I pulled up next a girl at a light with an amazing body.......she had a lifted JLU Willy's (i think) on 35s with mud patterns that you can only get with high grade wheel spin in a freshy combined field. I couldn't stop staring at how filthy she was.......it got weird.

When I got home I soap shamed my pavement princess.
Sponsored