Jeep Wave. Anyone feel like this?

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
I love the Jeep wave, lets face it Wranglers are unique. Not trying to exclude other types of Jeeps but the fact is there not Wranglers. I do wave to them, but most don't seem to get it like Wrangler drivers do. Around where I live here in FL it is easily over 80% return waves.

My wife didn't get it at first and I had to explain it to her. The weekend we went to Jacksonville there was something going and there were Wranglers everywhere. At one light we stopped at I said to my wife look right, look left, look behind us, we were surrounded by Wranglers. She was like OMG my arm is getting tired. LOL.

In my area I see an average of 2 to 3 wranglers every single day going home for lunch and back to work, 4 miles each way, and then again another 2 to 3 going home after work. I wave to all of them, and almost al of them wave back.

We need this type of comradery/brotherhood among all drivers, if there was there wouldn't be near the crazy shit happening on our roads. Just MHO.
Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

If you're of the finer gender, waves and smiles.

... others get a yard nod with some heavy psychoanalysis as to what happened to you that you need attention?
Acknowledgement?
Approval of your road appliance selection?

You don't know me, I could be really messed up, looking for my next project... :devil:
Bet you’re fun at parties.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Waved to folks on our country roads, waved to fellow motorcyclists, waved to subie drivers (after they vaped), waved to fellow runners, now a wave to fellow jeepers 😒 Sometimes it's okay to be antisocial.
A year ago my stable was 2 Subarus, 3 motorcycles, and a Jeep. Combined with living in a small rural Texas town. I just wave at everyone. It’s just an involuntary action 🤣

fknMeow

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6SPD /20 Wrangler JL Sport (6spd) - Sold
Boston, almost no one waves. Immediately outside of the city, most people wave. I can't help but feel like a rejected fat chick whenever I wave and get nothing in return.

Sponsored

NullNomad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
waves are alive and well in my area of south texas, hell I got a fist bump once. that one caught me off guard.

TheSonofSal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU/JLU
Chicago area here and we're not all old guys who are bitter because younger kids have newer models. I wave at young and old and if they dont wave back it's ok with me. Honestly most of the time I just wave and don't even look at the driver.

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2014 4Runner Limited
Waves are hit and miss here in Ft Lauderdale. Sometimes I even get odd looks back, ...some 'get it' tho. Waves seem to improve as you go up the east coast to central and north FL.

Waves also popular with corvettes, motorcycles and boats, and all seem to improve when I cruise up the coast of FL, ...Vero Beach, Daytona, St Augustine etc.

Sponsored

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
In Chicagoland area as well. I always wave it's habit. My 392 is at Chicago Auto Pros so in their rental and find myself waiting to Jeeps in a Hyandai!
Had my JLUR Ceramic'd there and my wife's TRD Pro is there now. What a great place ...

xidex

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
here in halifax its 50/50 on the waves, i only wave if waved to first, mainly because on my harley its all waves there too, UGH !

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
Had my JLUR Ceramic'd there and my wife's TRD Pro is there now. What a great place ...
Lombard location? I've been going there for 6yrs. now. 5th vehicle done but 2nd with the works. Quality work and stand behind it.

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
Lombard location? I've been going there for 6yrs. now. 5th vehicle done but 2nd with the works. Quality work and stand behind it.
Yes sir! Jimmy is the man ...

Repeat customer as well. This is the 3rd vehicle he's done for me.

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
Yes sir! Jimmy is the man ...

Repeat customer as well. This is the 3rd vehicle he's done for me.
Ya man Jimmy and Justin are characters. Hopefully we can meet up sometime.
Sponsored