Jeep Wave. Anyone feel like this?

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
its tiring. I drive a jeep and motorcycle. Im constantly waving. And then i escape to work and fuck… every contractor is waving every time you pass them on the road. Im so burned out.
Sponsored

HobbitPants

First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
I love the wave. Get about 50/50 wave back in Baltimore suburbs. When I’m driving my non-Jeep friends around they think I know so many people 🤣 Had to explain it and they bought me the black reflective “Jeep Wave Hand” sticker to put on my drivers side mirror because they thought it was so cool.

My husband gets tired of the guess how many waves I got today conversation when I get home… I’ll never tire of it!

I’ll wave to fellow Wranglers, the Gladiators, and the obviously trail ready lifted older Cherokees. If you got something that can splash through some mud you have earned the wave!

Eandras

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler unlimited Sport S Black
Northern NJ most Wrangler owners wave. It is the High School teenagers that don't as they are to busy looking at their phone. I do notice that the older Jeeps wave a lt more than most of the Mall Crawlers

Matanzas

First Name
Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a confession to make: I accidentally waved at a Gladiator yesterday. Soon as my hand went up, I saw the bed in the back, but it was too late. Please forgive me, I swear I will be more careful in the future!

Sponsored

Cal3san

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2118 3.6L Sport S
I don't wave for safety's sake. When you are posturing for attention then you sure aren't giving the road it's proper due.
Just this weekend a jeep full of kids were coming down the road waving. Driver wasn't paying heed that the jeep was being steered across the centerline. Blew my horn and driver finally woke only to give me the finger.
And being a frequent cross country m/c tripper I don't wave then either.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Wranglers are the new Corollas.

I joke, but only partly. Just seems like everyone has a JL these days. Good for Stellantis, bad for my fragile sense of uniqueness lol

OGPizzaBoy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I try to wave to all jeepers here in central Florida, and I get about 75% in return. Although there are those times where I genuinely don't see them until it's too late, sorry 'bout that!

My wife makes it a point to jab at me when I miss one as well.

gweber

First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport
I've said it before. If someone waves at you the polite thing to do is to give a wave back. And I give a two finger "peace" sign to most all of the wranglers I pass :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
bicepsmctouchdown

bicepsmctouchdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Wrangler Sport Alt (on order)
Chicago area here and we're not all old guys who are bitter because younger kids have newer models. I wave at young and old and if they dont wave back it's ok with me. Honestly most of the time I just wave and don't even look at the driver.
"Bitter old guys? Like this?

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Wave.   Anyone feel like this? 5q2n21

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Too many Jeeps in the Denver area. Too much traffic to notice and wave in time more often than not. Too many clueless twits in mall crawlers that have no idea what the Jeep wave is. Too many nutjobs who take it personally and blow a gasket if you don't wave.

I wave sometimes. I maybe pay attention to other Jeep drivers 1 times in 10 to see if they wave.

Deleted member 59498

I waved to a lady today in a Sahara and she was beautiful and she gave a big smile and waved back. Made my day anyway! We were at a red light. Take a smile when I can get one!

JMRM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Islander
Easy solution for those who get upset at wave non-returns….I see one coming, two finger wave is given without my eyes leaving the road. I can’t tell if they return it or not but I at least know that I did my part (probably safer too).

21JLURDG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Gecko
Ten years ago, I used to wave to all Wranglers, but now I've pretty much stopped. Around here I can't drive to the supermarket without passing 10-20 Wranglers--most of them shiny new models with big tires and not a speck of dust. I realized I used to wave to other Jeeps because we shared a common vehicle & passion—the need to get out of the rat race and find interesting trails to explore. But I don’t feel any common interest with those that drive a Wrangler because it’s cool, sexy, or compensates for some other genetic disadvantage. I feel the same commonality with these poseurs as I did with the 90s soccer moms that loved to drive lifted Excursions with 37” mud tires and shiny wheels. I also rarely get a wave from fancy Wranglers when I’m driving my built TJ. In short, don’t expect a wave from my new JL unless I can see some dirt, rock rash, or desert pin stripes on yours.
Sponsored