First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 4door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired U.S. Army 23 years
Same thing in my area. The wave is hit and miss.

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Yeahā€¦ Western suburbs of Chicago has a moderate to low wave-back rate. Lots of teenagers wealthy parents have gotten their kids Jeeps and they just donā€™t seem into waving like older folks who had to earn the $$$ to buy their Jeep. I know that statement is painting with a broad brush, but it seems to hold true a bit. Sorry Iā€™m advance if it offends.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bicepsmctouchdown

bicepsmctouchdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Wrangler Sport Alt (on order)
Yeahā€¦ Western suburbs or Chicago have a moderate to low wave-back rate. Lots of teenagers wealthy parents have gotten their kids Jeeps and they just donā€™t seem into waving like older folks who had to earn the $$$ to buy their Jeep. I know that statement is painting with a broad brush, but it seems to hold true a bit. Sorry Iā€™m advance if it offends.
I routinely see yoots driving around in Jeepā€™s with better trim levels than I. So that is spot on.

I know when I was a teen I wanted one badly but was relegated to a POS I bought with money I saved working at a home and garden center and on the grounds crew of a local high school.

But good for them. Start the Jeeperā€™s off young. Their first one is ā€˜freeā€™.

RideGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saraha JLU
Greater Toronto Area
East side all waves
West side no waves
North 50/50
Downtown its hit or miss. More miss than hit

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
I get about a 50% return as well. I wave to Gladiator, JK, TJ, JL, CJ owners.

Some of the driver's aren't looking out their windshields though. Their heads are down and they are staring at a phone... :mad:

Overwatch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, Sarge Green 392
Two things. One, I always back, but when Iā€™m trying to keep a JK on the road as it rounds a bumpy curve and I get one second to wave backā€¦it is always after the fact. Two, I donā€™t wave to Renegades. Thatā€™s just wrong. (Seriously though just understand not everyone wants to be part of our club, but they bought a Jeep so they get a pass.)

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
In Philly suburbs, most wave, but there are a lot of younger HS kids with Jeeps that donā€™t understand the concept of the Wave. They clearly werenā€™t raised right.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I got waves until my arm wore out when driving dadā€™s 3A. One wave in 5 weeks with new Jeep! Any idea why?

Thane

First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURXR, 10 FJ Cruiser
If you're of the finer gender, waves and smiles.

... others get a yard nod with some heavy psychoanalysis as to what happened to you that you need attention?
Acknowledgement?
Approval of your road appliance selection?

You don't know me, I could be really messed up, looking for my next project... :devil:

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
Along the Colorado Front Range, it seems I get slightly more waves than not (> 50%). However, when I lifted my 2019 Sport and installed 35" tires I seem to get about 75% waves.

Pretty lady Jeepers always seem to be oblivious though. Probably always on their phones or just avoiding eye contact. Still, it's really nice to get a lady Jeeper wave no matter how rare.

I generally wave at every type of Wrangler and Gladiator I run across independent of build or driver type. We're all part of the Jeeping brotherhood (or sisterhood if that triggers anyone). Polical correctness has never been in my vocabulary.

Jay

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yeahā€¦ Western suburbs of Chicago has a moderate to low wave-back rate. Lots of teenagers wealthy parents have gotten their kids Jeeps and they just donā€™t seem into waving like older folks who had to earn the $$$ to buy their Jeep.
The young ones are still looking to download the ā€œJeep Waveā€ app... šŸ˜«
Sponsored