Sponsored

Jeep Wave —> No Jeep

AdamB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Sahara 4Xe (2024)
Like a good Jeep owner I’m waving to oncoming Jeep brethren as I head down the road this morning.. none of whom were waving back... thinking to myself “normally there is a much better response around my neighborhood” ...

The. I realize, I’m driving the Wifes’ Mercedes today!!! Doh!! :headbang::CWL:

oncoming traffic much have thought I was nuts!!
Sponsored

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Design Development Manager
I know exactly where you are coming from...
I'm just accustomed to waving whenever I see a Jeep. Won't lie, I've waved to Jeeps while walking down the road before then started grinning like an idiot thinking about the drivers confusion at some random dude just waving at them.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Like a good Jeep owner I’m waving to oncoming Jeep brethren as I head down the road this morning.. none of whom were waving back... thinking to myself “normally there is a much better response around my neighborhood” ...

The. I realize, I’m driving the Wifes’ Mercedes today!!! Doh!! :headbang::CWL:

oncoming traffic much have thought I was nuts!!
The first time I saw a Bikini Wrangler in person, I started waving while excitedly pointing at it. My husband then reminded me we were in his Audi. :facepalm:

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
I don't initiate waves. I might wave back 10% of the time. I'm a terrible Jeep owner. But, really, I just don't care.

Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I cant believe youre perpetuating another Waving thread ! :facepalm:
Between "Wave or Not Wave" threads and pointless polls, that's pretty much all we have anymore. Oh, and sometimes people will dig down deep and find a legit question and we'll answer it only to find out the question is from 2018. Those are pretty funny when obviously the OP has already figured out "what fuse do i need to replace?".

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Between "Wave or Not Wave" threads and pointless polls, that's pretty much all we have anymore. Oh, and sometimes people will dig down deep and find a legit question and we'll answer it only to find out the question is from 2018. Those are pretty funny when obviously the OP has already figured out "what fuse do i need to replace?".
Yeah it may be time for us to get lives ! At least thats another of my wifes favorite lines. Im goin fishin right now. Later !

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Let’s see.... I’ve been on international travel, but it looks like I missed “should I get a lift?”, “why can’t I use 8th gear with bigger tires, heavier wheels and 3.45 gears?” And “should I wave?” Sound about right? Jeez Louise
On another note and because this thread NEEDS to be hijacked - anybody going to the OBX Jeep Jam this weekend?

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Let’s see.... I’ve been on international travel, but it looks like I missed “should I get a lift?”, “why can’t I use 8th gear with bigger tires, heavier wheels and 3.45 gears?” And “should I wave?” Sound about right? Jeez Louise
On another note and because this thread NEEDS to be hijacked - anybody going to the OBX Jeep Jam this weekend?
You missed the one about "How do I turn off ESS" LOL

Sponsored

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
You missed the one about "How do I turn off ESS" LOL
Dammit, and that is so relevant to my daily enjoyment of my Jeep. I think I’ll just trade it for a Toyota.....

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I agree Matt, but with a slightly different angle on things.

True, we are getting to a point where as a board many of the topics have caught up with all the changes and experiences associated with the release of a new model: the JL, which I'm afraid isn't so new anymore for many of us. This is all part of the natural state of maturity of a subject forum.

People come and go from the forum and many introduce subject matter already discussed with limited experience with (or desire to check) the forum's search features.

Then there's some who try to introduce new subject matter, explain it in detail, and get shot down. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ting-a-booster-pack-to-crank-your-3-6l.34067/

And while I'm a big boy I have limited issue with criticism regarding the balance between my choices for brevity and clarity, it also isn't the stuff of which I'm be inclined to do the research of a magazine article for so soon.

Please note: you, me, and others: we are the board. Frustration on the lack of breath of subject matter in an interval of time is something we're all to blame for...much as I appreciate that if you've done more than your share here I appreciate your frustration.

So y'all, pick an area of the rig that interests you, do research on it, share with us, and critics, especially the ones that don't so such homework, hold back on the hating.

Just sayin'.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
So the one time I noticed someone giving me a Jeep wave was when the Jeeper couple down the street were in their CR-V instead of their Jeep and she was giving me the "out of the window peace sign" version of the wave. I returned it because I knew who they were.

Anyways, the Jeep wave is part of Jeep culture, so why should we be surprised when these threads come up?

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Thats the risk you take. Leave your seat, in the Jeep chat room ,for any length of time and you miss stimulating discussion on various issues never before discussed. Now you find yourself way behind and deal with the pressure of having to get up to speed with the rest of us. Before you leave the country again , you might want to rethink your plans. You can probably borrow someones notes.
Sponsored

Last edited: