First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Grand Cherokee Limited X | 2024 JLUR 2.0T AT
Occupation
Headshot Photographer
So in my humble opinion all these are absolutely Jeeps. All everyone on this forum talks about is “you have to add this, you have to lift that, you need 35s minimum(because that 1 extra inch is gonna make you a trail rock star don’t worry about performance”. So by definition these are heavily moded just like everyone thinks they should be. So by this forums standards the real question should be “when does a Jeep BECOME a Jeep?”🤣🤣🤣
Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Ouch…I’m hearing a lot of criticism of 20’s! 🤣. Like stated before, I’m loving my 20’s that probably will see more off-road than most Jeeps on the road (once I find some good trails around here that is)…

46BBAA14-D6CF-42CE-86B1-C6703F03F9B0.jpeg
Needs a grumper and it's ready for the trails! :devil:

Rektek

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4XE
IMHO Tire height should be minimum 75% bigger than the wheel. Example: 20" wheel to have at least a 35" tire. And any condition where the ground clearance is reduced from stock.

abnormal4x4

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
I speak guitar, but more fluent in Telecaster. If you buy a licensed neck and body it become a whole other mess. Especially with those slide-on decals.

As for Jeeps, a Jeep is a Jeep. But, when I say I have a Jeep, it means I have a Wrangler. If you have a Compass, Cherokee, Renegade or Grand Wagoneer you don't have a Jeep. You have a "insert model name" made by Jeep.
I guess there is another exception, I had a friend with a an old Land cruiser, he absolutely hated it when people called it a Jeep. So a Jeep is not a Jeep when it's a Land Cruiser.

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I guess there is another exception, I had a friend with a an old Land cruiser, he absolutely hated it when people called it a Jeep. So a Jeep is not a Jeep when it's a Land Cruiser.
Funny…… I can relate to your friend…..lol…..I restored a 74 FJ 40 back in the day, was a yota guy then, if you look close at the bottom pic you can see my license plate……….sorry old pictures, no iPhones back then……..lol.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep vs not a Jeep D3881F7F-F851-41E8-9407-1845361CFE5C

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep vs not a Jeep FD578F8D-D5E2-48AC-9C5B-5DF6D438A4C4

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Funny…… I can relate to your friend…..lol…..I restored a 74 FJ 40 back in the day, was a yota guy then, if you look close at the bottom pic you can see my license plate……….sorry old pictures, no iPhones back then……..lol.

That is a sweet FJ 👍🏻

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Angry grill or 20 inch wheels.
Hold on Entropy...
Here come daughters angry grille wrapped in pink camo rubi! So.... is it a jeep, lol? It also has a winch shes not allowed to use. She hasn't seen her jeep yet... its a bday gift, so I've got time to adjust to seeing this in my driveway... i think...
20211215_1615031.jpg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hold on Entropy...
Here come daughters angry grille wrapped in pink camo rubi! So.... is it a jeep, lol? It also has a winch shes not allowed to use. She hasn't seen her jeep yet... its a bday gift, so I've got time to adjust to seeing this in my driveway... i think...
20211215_1615031.jpg
There’s a Jeep in there somewhere…..crying for help…………:LOL: …nah, nothing wrong with making it her own……. But the grille though sure we can’t talk her out of it……😎

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
There’s a Jeep in there somewhere…..crying for help…………:LOL: …nah, nothing wrong with making it her own……. But the grille though sure we can’t talk her out of it……😎
Oh i tried. We all did. Somehow i think the obnoxious camo works well with the angry grille... maybe bc the camp draws my attention away from the grille... idk... but its hers and she's gonna rock it!

Sponsored

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Hold on Entropy...
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep vs not a Jeep 20211215_1615031
Lucky girl. I can dig it, even the pink camo. That angry grill though.....

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
We have the same discussions on guitar forums..."when does a Stratocaster become a partscaster?".

My answer is the same...I don't know for a fact :) but in guitarland, it's a bit different. In my opinion if you start out with a Stratocaster from fender, or a Jeep from stellantis, and modify it...it's always a Stratocaster, or a Jeep. If you bought an aftermarket Stratocaster body, with an aftermarket Stratocaster neck...or an aftermarket. frame and an aftermarket body, then you would have a partsJeepster...
Guitar is easy: the body is what it “is”. So if you have a true Fender Strat neck, and a Warmoth body, it’s a Warmoth or partscaster guitar.

Or maybe it’s the neck.

Oh, never mind, lol!!!! :)

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Oh i tried. We all did. Somehow i think the obnoxious camo works well with the angry grille... maybe bc the camp draws my attention away from the grille... idk... but its hers and she's gonna rock it!
Hell…I’d be ok with eyelashes…….I don’t mind the camo, that fits right in down in the state of south Florida, lol

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Hell…I’d be ok with eyelashes…….I don’t mind the camo, that fits right in down in the state of south Florida, lol
It totally fits in new smyrna beach.. theres a really cool jlu wrapped in similar camo...but it all gray and black.
But i draw the line at eyelashes! (My mom has the eyelashes and reindeer antlers for her jeep headlights!)

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Fun thread. Earlier someone said that the Jeep is a tool. I couldn't agree more. When you modify the tool to become more functional at the job it was designed for, then it is still a good tool. But when you modify it just to look cool and get attention, it becomes an ornament.
Sponsored