Sponsored

Jeep vs Bronco: So that Bronco Rack & Pinion Steering Ford is so happy about seems to have some issues

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
I've seen a couple of Bronco reviews that mocked the Jeep Wrangler's steering set up, emphasizing how much better the Bronco's rack & pinion set up performs.

Looks like "not so much" on the tougher trails.

Wrangler vs Bronco, rock crawling

Best,
-Tim
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I give the guy credit for calling out the Step Child with nothing more than 5" of spacers to clear 40's and some homemade outer tie rods.

With all of the bronco reservation holders talking about the 37's they already have waiting, and the endless waiting and adm gouging, Ford should be sending those people trailers instead of hammocks and sticker books.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
You do realize the Step Child is a totally fully built Jeep right? If it was in stock form it would be breaking shit left and right for what they put it through. Even Kevin admitted this. The Bronco in the video still had stock steering components.

Any vehicle regardless if it's a Jeep a Bronco a taco or whatever requires major mods to do that type of extreme rock crawling. 🪨

The stock Bronco Sasquatch package handles average rock crawling and rocky trails pretty well.

OP
OP
Timmyjoe

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
Certainly the Bronco was no match for the Stepchild, but did you hear the Bronco owner talking about how many times the rack & pinion steering has broken on his Bronco. It wasn't just what Kevin and Brittany lead him thru, it broke numerous times before that.

Ford brags about how their rack & pinion steering on the Bronco is far superior to the Jeeps recirculating ball steering. The Ford steering obviously has some serious issues.

Best,
-Tim

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
I think that the real problem is the people who believe these types of vehicles are indestructible and drive like Ricky Bobby when off roading. I've seen only a few Youtube videos and some reels on Instagram. Flooring any vehicle into a mudhole or up some rocks is going to be a bad time sooner or later.

Sponsored

BeechAV8R

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392, CJ7 6.6L, Fusion Trophy Truck
At 16:15 in the video the Lightbright folks said that they successfully did the same trails and obstacles without all of the mods to their JL. They stated that the mods give them extra confidence of not breaking. I can relate.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
How many months/videos did the Lite Brite group go without mentioning problems with their JL turbo mod, before they got the did a Hemi engine swap? It sort of killed credibility, at least for me, when they had several videos talking about how great the turbo mod was, and then, out of nowhere, they bashed it and voiced reliability complaints (which sounded valid). But don't do a mod, tell YouTube how great it is, or at least, none of the problems you have over the next few months, and then one day out of the blue bash it.

Deleted member 59498

How many months/videos did the Lite Brite group go without mentioning problems with their JL turbo mod, before they got the did a Hemi engine swap? It sort of killed credibility, at least for me, when they had several videos talking about how great the turbo mod was, and then, out of nowhere, they bashed it and voiced reliability complaints (which sounded valid). But don't do a mod, tell YouTube how great it is, or at least, none of the problems you have over the next few months, and then one day out of the blue bash it.

They are all fake. I take them all with little to no seriousness. Not a one of them helped me decide to buy anything above the cost of a Ninja Foodie grill. Already wanted it anyway

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The actual point of the video and this thread is to highlight the fact that the bronco is best left in factory form. It's own design path has greatly limited it from reliably running larger than 35's or any added lift.

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Usual Youtube flare here, nothing new. Ultra4 teams figured out how to build IFS to survive the worlds toughest offroad race at KOH more than a decade ago. As with most things offroad, the aftermarket will eventually catch up.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Look at my avatar pic.. that is the top of the Rubicon Trail... 40 inch Atturo tires with beadlocks (142 pounds per wheel) .. budget 3.5 lift kit .. stock arms and stock steering... I took all the hard lines... this thing survived it .. kinda hard to understand how my rig did not break stuff.. I have done other tough trails after that.. this monster is still eating trails.. is my rig a fluke? no idea.. but.. but.. my rig is tough as nails.. apples to apples I would challenge stock Broncos on 40s vs my stock Wrangler on 40s on any difficult rock crawling trail any day of the week.. no built Lite Brite... just plain vanilla stock Wrangler on 40s

Last edited:

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
Ha ha, I knew this video would be on here! I love the Light Brite channel. It's all fun, and I knew the Bronco wouldn't be able to hang with the Stepchild.

This is so far beyond what most owners would do anyway.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
This is text book Lite Brite. They love the new and shiny option over the current selection basically at all times from what I have seen. They also abuse their vehicles more than anyone I’ve seen. The only real value they offer is proof that a well run YouTube channel can fund a pretty wild lifestyle.
Sponsored