First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Chevy S10 ZR2 '12 JKUR '17 GC TH
It’s been done already, by Volvo

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1979-volvo-laplander-2/

And Jeep did a better job designing a cab forward truck. I would buy one if these if Jeep moved forward with it.

http://www.trucktrend.com/truck-reviews/163-1204-jeep-mighty-fc-concept-first-drive
I agree, the mighty fc concept is an actual working vehicle as well.

It's a cool rendering and concept but wouldn't work as designed. The footwells of the original Jeep FC are in front of the front tires with the front seats over the front tires and the engine sits between the front seats. This concept doesn't appear to have adequate room for the driver and front passenger 's legs, seats, and the engine. If you look at the steering wheel and the drivers seat, there is not even enough space for a person.
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero

Sponsored

Sponsored

#diesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
This was the first thing that came to mind, a Dear Car Talk story from Oct. 1, 2004:

RAY: As much fun as this VW Bus might seem, it's really quite a deadly vehicle.

TOM: The problem is that in an accident, your knees are your first line of defense.

porcusRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
Concept art done by someone who doesn't need to draw stuff like engine compartments.
i like it. needs portal axles and a current unimog cab layout. but yea, where is the engine? make it a minimog and i might be will to shell out big bucks.

a65c26c75d42cd1de688805b63c600fd.jpg

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
This is a perfect configuration for an all electric vehicle, motor at each wheel, batteries on the platform the body mounts to ( GM has this modular approach)
Sponsored