Sponsored

Jeep unable to find a dealership willing to work on my jeep (replace aluminum steering box TSB)... im literally willing to pay

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
So I've got my 2018 Wrangler JL and I've put a good chunk of change and effort making the steering feel not like complete shit. So I hear the new steering box is out and there's a TSB to cover it. Contact @JeepCares because I know this is going to be unnecessarily difficult.

First picked a dealership that hasn't completely eroded my trust - North Olmsted Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM - here's the actual response from Jeep "Cares"

I just spoke with the service manager at North Olmsted Chrysler. He said
they are booked up and already have too many vehicle sitting in their shop
being worked on to take on your vehicle. He has suggested that maybe you
could take the vehicle back to Ganley Village Chrysler. Do you want to go
to Ganley Village Chrysler or another dealership?
No... I don't want to take it back to Ganley Village Chrysler because 1) they bitched about me having STOCK SIZE all terrain tires back when I first got it and 2) their service is terrible. That Jeep has sat for weeks at their shop, they've caused more damage to it than actually fixed anything and one time - they told me they fixed an issue when it was not fixed (and the issue was the auto stop / start disabled light coming on when I started it up. Pretty tough to miss, eh?).

So then I suggest a dealership that I assume is cool - Ed Tomko Chrysler Jeep Dodge - nope they don't care about Jeeps either.

I spoke to Ed Tomko Chrysler but they are unable to assist with a vehicle that has
larger tires so you will need to find another dealership that is able to work on your Jeep.
Why is this so difficult??? At this point I said please find a dealership within 100 miles of me and know that if any mods get in the way, I'll gladly pay for the added labor. I know it's been done - I know North Olmsted Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM did this exact work for someone with similar mods to mine. Why treat some customers differently?
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
You're going to have to learn some patience, the first dealership sounds like they would be willing to work on it, they're just busy. To hell with the rest of them.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So I've got my 2018 Wrangler JL and I've put a good chunk of change and effort making the steering feel not like complete shit. So I hear the new steering box is out and there's a TSB to cover it. Contact @JeepCares because I know this is going to be unnecessarily difficult.

First picked a dealership that hasn't completely eroded my trust - North Olmsted Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM - here's the actual response from Jeep "Cares"

I just spoke with the service manager at North Olmsted Chrysler. He said
they are booked up and already have too many vehicle sitting in their shop
being worked on to take on your vehicle. He has suggested that maybe you
could take the vehicle back to Ganley Village Chrysler. Do you want to go
to Ganley Village Chrysler or another dealership?
No... I don't want to take it back to Ganley Village Chrysler because 1) they bitched about me having STOCK SIZE all terrain tires back when I first got it and 2) their service is terrible. That Jeep has sat for weeks at their shop, they've caused more damage to it than actually fixed anything and one time - they told me they fixed an issue when it was not fixed (and the issue was the auto stop / start disabled light coming on when I started it up. Pretty tough to miss, eh?).

So then I suggest a dealership that I assume is cool - Ed Tomko Chrysler Jeep Dodge - nope they don't care about Jeeps either.

I spoke to Ed Tomko Chrysler but they are unable to assist with a vehicle that has
larger tires so you will need to find another dealership that is able to work on your Jeep.
Why is this so difficult??? At this point I said please find a dealership within 100 miles of me and know that if any mods get in the way, I'll gladly pay for the added labor. I know it's been done - I know North Olmsted Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM did this exact work for someone with similar mods to mine. Why treat some customers differently?
Thanks for tagging us here, tCub. I would be happy to dig into your open case further and provide any updates if needed. Just send a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

OP
OP
tCub

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
Thanks for tagging us here, tCub. I would be happy to dig into your open case further and provide any updates if needed. Just send a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Replied.

To the guy saying I need to be patient.... As if I haven't been putting up with the jeeps shitty steering feel for over 2 years now. The dealerships and jeep dragged their feet with this and gave bullshit solutions like "replace the steering dampener".

Jeep needs to own this mistake and fix it, period - and offering garbage customer support is precisely the opposite of how it should be addressed.

Down South

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
I've heard of one dealership within 100 miles of me that refuses to replace the gearbox but that was from word on the street, not directly from that dealer.
I just had my steering gearbox replaced on my 2020 Rubicon. I stopped in at the dealership that I use last week to let them know I needed the grarbox replaced for obvious reasons. The Gearbox came in last Friday and I had it changed out Yesterday. The Jeep handles much better now.
Too bad you are not closer to me. I could direct you to a dealership that is more than willing to replace the gearbox even if the Jeep has a lift on it.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I have switched to a dealer that wouldn't do the steering box TSB to one that would.
I have been using them since.
Sponsored