Jeep top colors

Greywind

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLUD
I have a stingray rubicon with a black hardtop and considering painting the top red (thinking snazzleberrish color). Has anyone tried mixing and matching colors like this before? I think it would look good, but it’s an expensive experiment so would like to get some feedback.
Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Not Stinggray but hopefully will give some insight in different color combos, here is a white Jeep with a red top and a GCM top.
8CEAE0D4-923B-43E1-94C9-312A71ABD7C6.jpeg
AA53C660-F6C9-49BA-A713-898BDDC26652.jpeg

IMHO the white/GCM is an excellent combo.
Gregj

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The red one I traded a black hardtop for, even trade (I did drive 1,400 miles though). The gray one I bought from a salvage company, it was Punkin’, had it painted GCM.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
That red top looks terrible on white in my opinion. The Granite Crystal looks really good.

For Sting Gray, black or matching color looks best. Your idea of mixing your solid gray with a pearl coat maroon sounds like it would be difficult to look at. It would have to be a color with no flake or pearl in it, like your paint. Maybe a solid deep red, Nissan had a color like that on the Titan in the mid 2000s. A non flake deep blue or charcoal may work too.

Crazy at it sounds, I think you could pull of white on a Sting Gray. Then put on a set of Quadratech white wagon spoke wheels or a set of white Fifteen52 Analogs.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep top colors 1634185638012

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That red top looks terrible in my opinion. The Granite Crystal looks really good.

For Sting Gray black or matching color looks best. Your idea of mixing your solid gray with a pearl coat maroon sounds like it would be difficult to look at. It would have to be a color with no flake or pearl in it, like your paint. Maybe a solid deep red, Nissan had a color like that on the Titan in the mid 2000s. A non flake deep blue or charcoal may work too.

Crazy at it sounds, I think you could pull of white on a Sting Gray. Then put on a set of Quadratech white wagon spoke wheels or a set of white Fifteen52 Analogs.
Funny story, that red top got that Jeep it’s first duck! My red one has yet to get a duck!
Gregj

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I have been given zero ducks. But I don’t go very many places where it gets parked somewhere like at a big shopping center or movie theater.

My sister’s bone stock Bikini JLU Sport has been ducked twice since she got it last month.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I lifted these images from a 2018 thread. Credit to @Steveo

This just doesn’t work in my opinion.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep top colors 1634186472838

This works much better than I would have thought

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep top colors 1634186536204

You can use these images to photo shop other colors on to see how you like them.

So far I think that khaki tan works the best. Looks like a color called Coyote tan.
Sponsored

Last edited: