Sponsored

Uncommon Sense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray '22 392XR
I'd be interested in a Jeep 4XE performance version where the acceleration could matches a 392.... but then I could just drive in hybrid mode for road trips or all electric for my 2 mile commute to office or less than 10 miles or so a day driving.

Reactions: AFD

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I thought they were saying the fully electric Wrangler was going to be a '24 model? However, the article does also say that the Wrangler was going to be the kickoff vehicle for all-electric Jeep vehicles. That would be an interesting twist, also exciting!

Car & Driver could be wrong, but here's where I got my '24 info:
2024 Wrangler EV

Sponsored

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
If they can produce something at a reasonable/competitive price it will sell. I would love an EV Wrangler to drive around locally. However I can't justify $80k for a Wrangler, especially one with a 200 mile range.
This ^^

For me to have interest in one it'd have to be more like 325-350. You remove the ICE and there's no reason they couldn't add enough battery to make that happen.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Provided the range is there and the price point is reasonable, I think I am ready for next vehicle to be an EV.
If only. The US market has proven only to willing to pay premium prices for tech that should have long since found a home in economical vehicle platforms. Instead, to cite just two examples, we have Teslas with prices as high as their Plaid Mode is fast, and $50K+ JLU 4XEs with their comically modest 20 mile all-electric range. I've only ever seen one [NLA] Chevy Volt on the road...and just one or two Nissan Leafs, come to that.

Sure, there's the evergreen Prius. I'll keep that one in mind for when I've given up on life. 😎

Raylan Givens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
If only. The US market has proven only to willing to pay premium prices for tech that should have long since found a home in economical vehicle platforms. Instead, to cite just two examples, we have Teslas with prices as high as their Plaid Mode is fast, and $50K+ JLU 4XEs with their comically modest 20 mile all-electric range. I've only ever seen one [NLA] Chevy Volt on the road...and just one or two Nissan Leafs, come to that.

Sure, there's the evergreen Prius. I'll keep that one in mind for when I've given up on life. 😎
I have seen a few Volts on the road and a ton of Tesla Model 3s around here. I think there would be a demand for some cheaper vehicles, but the profit margins are not there for the manufacturer. Technology always gets introduced on the luxury vehicles and then makes its way down the line as prices decrease or the technology becomes more widely accepted.

Sponsored

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
This ^^

For me to have interest in one it'd have to be more like 325-350. You remove the ICE and there's no reason they couldn't add enough battery to make that happen.
The trick on EV range, if you don't know it, is expect it to halve in cold weather at high speed.

The range is for medium warm day, 30-50mph.

I love our EV car but the range is wildly optimistic.

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
I have seen a few Volts on the road and a ton of Tesla Model 3s around here. I think there would be a demand for some cheaper vehicles, but the profit margins are not there for the manufacturer. Technology always gets introduced on the luxury vehicles and then makes its way down the line as prices decrease or the technology becomes more widely accepted.
Bolts are the Chevy EV. The Volt was a strange EV car where a gas generator powered a battery. The Bolt is their EV. We have one--it is mostly an A to B car and it doesn't corner for crap but mashing the accelerator is very fun. Could do worse for an A to B car.

Reactions: J0E

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
It's probably just a Hybrid Gladiator
They very clearly differentiate the PHEVs (which a 4xe gladiator would be) from the BEVs on their chart. It's definitely not a hybrid gladiator.

I bet it's something more like a BEV compass/renegade/cherokee that's sharing the platform with whatever the FIAT offering is.

If it was a gladiator/wrangler, it'd most like be on the STLA frame architecture, and I'd expect to see a corresponding BEV from RAM for that.

IQ_imbalance

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 3.0d
A fully electric wrangler with 300 miles of range or so would be sweet!!
I'm going to need at least 400 miles for it to be competitive. Taking into consideration battery decay, impact of accessories, cargo, and/or climate control, and recharge time...I want at least a 100 mile buffer on top of the longer trips I take.
Sponsored