Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I just moved my jeep to the garage, btw. Totally freaked out.
Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Did I fail to mention a hood lock (keyed, not remote).
in your first post? Yeah. I need to get one too, especially with the whole ECM swap and drive away thing.

I'm not saying make it easy. I'm just saying... If someone is really intent on getting your Jeep, they'll figure it out.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Back in the last century, I had a steel gadget with a key lock. At one end, it hooked over the steering wheel and the other end hooked around the brake pedal. This makes the car impossible to steal. I have noted since fobs came along these gadgets are rarely seen in auto stores.

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I just ordered this
https://amzn.to/3uuW8L1

The one above is too expensive and the steering wheel can still be cut. With this one, the lock is braced against the floor.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Theft Made EASY 1614166839824

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I need to get a Kia. Whats a Kia?
I Kia is a great running automobile. I have had two of them go past the 200,000 mile mark and never back to the dealer. My 13 Optima has 204,000+ miles on it right now. Just brakes, oil changes, air filters, tires, one battery, and two headlight bulbs for 8 years of service. OOO, I did put spark plugs in it at about 135,000 miles. Still has the original serpentine belt.

No rust on it everything works.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Those with a stick have one big plus-most of the morons who are stealing cars aren’t smart enough to operate 3 pedals..😊
You can't believe that a professional car thief does not know how to drive a stick. After all it is not like some form secret magic...... I mean you can teach a 10 year old that can reach the pedals in about 5 minutes.

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
Why not put your keys in one of those ez-pass bags they give you to kill any signal from leaving your home.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Thieves have been stealing cars since they were invented. This is nothing new. If they want your Jeep they will get it. After working almost 30 years in a prison, I have seen that anything and everything can be stolen.

The club or steering wheel locks, still have a lock on them and can be bypassed in seconds, or you just cut the steering wheel and remove it. Both are easy to do and take seconds. Same thing with the stick that locks the brakes.

Locked doors, I can open just about any car with a wood dowel and a wedge. Jeeps are even easier. Hell if you don't want to break anything, a 10mm wrench or socket can remove the rear window in about a minutes from the outside. Wreckers are often used to steal vehicles with more sophisticated anti theft deterrents.

If you think it is safe in your garage, just know that hacking your garage door opener is even easier than hacking your fob.

Keep insurance on your Jeep and try not to worry about it.

On a side note, everyone hates a thief. Even other convicts hate a thief.

One more thing, don't buy gun safes with an electronic key pad. Those are easily bypassed too.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bigfoot21075

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
I just ordered this
https://amzn.to/3uuW8L1

The one above is too expensive and the steering wheel can still be cut. With this one, the lock is braced against the floor.
1614166839824.png
I HATE MY OWN THREAD! :bandit: I ordered one too, there are Jeeps EVERYWHERE, maybe they will just move on if they see this locked on. We love to go out and just leave the top down, I am not worried about theft from home or work (armed guards) at all, just sitting out somewhere unattended. Yes they can get it with a tow truck or a spaceship with a tractor beam, but this will at least deter SOME.

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
Another thing you can do, which I haven't seen yet, is purchase a gps tracker. On certain trackers, you have an ignition wire that supples +12v when the vehicle is on, and a remotely controlled wire. You can then add a relay to that remote controlled wire to toggle the fuel pump ground wire.

Set it up so it will text you when you start your vehicle, if you want. If you see something suspicious, you can send that remote command to toggle the relay, which will unground the fuel pump and the car will die out in a few minutes. Or, I think new Jeeps are coming with SiriusXM Guardian, which may have some of this functionality baked into it.

It still doesn't stop it from getting towed, but at least you can track where it's moving and get alerts about it.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
A good friend of mine had a nice classic RX-7 with a killer alarm including back-up battery. It disappeared in the middle of the night from an apartment complex. One neighbor said he heard a truck in the middle of the night. Cops think they used a flat bed wrecker. They will get it if they want it.
Sponsored