EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Good part is you won’t need a spotter anymore LOL. With the autonomous feature, you get out and direct it where it needs to go - self spotter. :)
…the thing will go crawling by itself. 😂

but in seriousness, automakers are taking up ev a bit too far. Ev were envisioned for convenience and utility in suburban/urban environments. Scratch my head someone would want to go do recreational driving/tripping in an Ev when i see a like of tesla dopes every night lined up at the local mall to get plugged in. Doesnt make sense.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
I love that it has an actual manual transmission! Now if it had hub motors, did away with the heavy axles, long-travel suspension, 300 mile range with 10 minute charging, and was actually for sale at a good price I'd certainly buy one.
Hi ,, i'm 50 years old and i still believe in the tooth fairy

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only the JL 2 door Sport S - what more do I need!
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting,

Unless I am mistaken at the 2 minute mark the lady plugs the charger into her 2 DOOR jeep!!

Here's hoping.

Sponsored

15 Pieces of Rick Flair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla 3
If the 4xe is sold out and the EV is only a couple years away, might as well but an ICE Jeep to play with for a few years. This changes all my plans…

After owning an EV I am STOKED for doors off top off silent wheeling.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Weird weird commercial. They packed ever piece of future “can’t wait till it happens” tech in that spot.
I liked that side profile with the doors off and no pillar in the middle. The roof what pretty cool too. What was going on there? A skeleton so u can still carry everything but be open as possible?

I jist still can’t get on the full electric thing with long trips. When I drive to North Carolina from pa I want to stop as little as possible. Gas up, coffee, pee. 5 mins tops then back on. I don’t want to sit in Starbucks while my Jeep sits for 30-40 mins and spend 30 bucks on coffee and cookies for my family. But again maybe by then it will be different. 2025 is a long time off. I might be dead by then anyway.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I love that it has an actual manual transmission! Now if it had hub motors, did away with the heavy axles, long-travel suspension, 300 mile range with 10 minute charging, and was actually for sale at a good price I'd certainly buy one.
If it did all that I’d happily pay over 6 figures for one. Considering a $150k Tesla still takes about an hour to fully Supercharge - I’d say Jeep is a very long ways off from that

Sponsored

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Good part is you won’t need a spotter anymore LOL. With the autonomous feature, you get out and direct it where it needs to go - self spotter. :)
But - that would take all the “fun” out of it!

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I have ZERO desire for an all-electric off-road ZERO emission vehicle... I don't want to be stuck on the side of a mountain somewhere and have to pay a huge wrecker bill should I need to be towed out for a dead battery, etc...

And 200-300 mile road range is going to be significantly reduced when driving on trails.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Crazy they based it a 2017 JK concept and subtly hid the blinker lights present in the grill. Shows that 2024 estimate is definitely optimistic. Should be a cool rig though if they can put enough battery in it to give it usable range for what we do with our Wranglers.
There are 2 Freedom concepts in the video...one is the older JK 4 door, the other is a JL 2 door.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Teases All-Electric Wrangler "Freedom" BEV ⚡️ 1625859565074

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Teases All-Electric Wrangler "Freedom" BEV ⚡️ 1625859846530

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Teases All-Electric Wrangler "Freedom" BEV ⚡️ 1625859901006
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Teases All-Electric Wrangler "Freedom" BEV ⚡️ 1625859997310

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Teases All-Electric Wrangler "Freedom" BEV ⚡️ 1625860035498

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Side note, I love the tailgate without the vents.

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
U catch the location of the rear fenders? The departure angle on that concept vehicle is insane. Pretty much the rear tire is almost the furthest rear point. That's be an awesome design change.
Sponsored