Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with you. But the inline-6 isn't ready. If they tease the V8 on Instagram and don't follow through it is a fail. I can't see them doing that.

If they wanted to do that they would put out a leak through a journalist - not publish a photo on their Instagram account.

I don't know why I am posting on this so much. I don't really care. I would never buy the Hemi.
I agree with you. I also would not buy the Hemi in a Wrangler (but love that engine). I am also baffled by this as it will anger a lot of people if it is not true. Really trying to figure this out myself as well just because it makes no sense. If they made the nose longer to fit the hemi and meet crash requirements it would lose off-road capability. But would sure sound awesome!
Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Interesting point. Almost like IF they do add it to the Wrangler, they know people will buy it and it just adds money to their pocket at the same time. For a 10+ year old motor (?) I guess that's good for FCA right....

I posted opposing viewpoints on this, but with my Bronco fetish creeping up if it was an I6 like my old BMW N55 motor...this would make my decision very difficult...that's how much I liked that I6!!
I ran the great granddaddy of the i6 in the XJs in my ā€˜49 Fargo. Smooth, never stopped, and dirt simple to work on. An L head would be horrible for emissions now, but when the battery was dead, clutch and a push got it going again.

The MOPAR slant six was a marvel too. Inline sixes are nearly perfect engines.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
That weighs nothing compared to a JL. Also the modern transmissions are tuned to not to transfer the oomph like that probably to avoid just that kind of thing (the Demon being an exception)
I wasn't trying to argue, just wanted to share a video of a Jeep doing a wheelie...

But since we are on the subject, I'll do some BS math.
  • 2-door JL minimum weight ~4000 lbs
  • Figure 2/3 weight on front 2,666 lbs
  • 8.8' wheelbase x front weight = ~23,460 lbs of force needed to wheelie
  • 4.71 1st gear ratio (auto) x 4.10 axle = 19.311 gearing reduction, x2 because torque converter
  • Tire radius of 1.5'
  • 'Bout 900 lb-ft of torque should do it. That's not factoring in the high center of gravity or the fact that the massive suspension up-travel would get momentum in it's favor.

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
I wasn't trying to argue, just wanted to share a video of a Jeep doing a wheelie...

• 4.71 1st gear ratio (auto) x 4.10 axle = 19.311 gearing reduction, x2 because torque converter
  • Tire radius of 1.5'
  • 'Bout 900 lb-ft of torque should do it. That's not factoring in the high center of gravity or the fact that the massive suspension up-travel would get momentum in it's favor.
According to Prodigy, their turbo kit makes about 700 HP
prodigy-jeep-wheelie.jpg

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6

• Tire radius of 1.5'
I know you weren't arguing :) Just haven't experienced anything close to a wheelie even from a supercharged jeep that has a power to weight of a 6.4 with less weight up front.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
To get 700 you need to do the internals and that's a JK. Prodigy has been a mess with JLs because of their tuning.
But the point was that 700 HP = wheelies in a JK. A Hellcat engine in a lifted JL (2-door) would likely do wheelies also.

Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Let's bring this back on topic... I'm waiting for the 392 and the half doors. These two should have been there from the start.

This might have been in the works since Feb 2019 or earlier according to this video:

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Let's bring this back on topic... I'm waiting for the 392 and the half doors. These two should have been there from the start.
Not to mention a 2-dr Hemi Gladiator.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
Remember, it's on a Wrangler, so you have to flip it over to read it correctly:

26E

So it's probably the electric wrangler.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
I think it says 3.92

You can just BARELY see what looks to be a period after the 3. Wondering if this is going the inline 6 rumors were talking about.
The I6 is supposed to be a 3.0l, which makes sense as it's based on the 2.0, and to avoid European taxes on displacements over 3.0.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.