multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Might not make it to production + if it does, will cost a fortune + won’t be available with manual transmission + probably won’t be available on the two-door = not excited

But if they do release it I’ll be happy for y’all and excited that Jeep is responding to competition!

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
The only way a Bronco would compete now is if they had a 5.0....:rock:
I think I mentioned that a couple msgs back and got an opposite opinion

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
Likely another concept with a Hemi conversion. I would love a factory V8 option but Jeep has repeatedly stated due to packaging and crumple zone issues the Hemi isn't an option. I wouldn't get too excited this isn't what we hope it is. I would love to be wrong though.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Likely another concept with a Hemi conversion. I would love a factory V8 option but Jeep has repeatedly stated due to packaging and crumple zone issues the Hemi isn't an option. I wouldn't get too excited this isn't what we hope it is. I would love to be wrong though.
Don’t you think it would be lame to post a teaser for a concept right before the Bronco reveal?

I will be disappointed if that is the case. And This really isn’t for me because it won’t be available with a manual most likely.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Don’t you think it would be lame to post a teaser for a concept right before the Bronco reveal?

I will be disappointed if that is the case. And This really isn’t for me because it won’t be available with a manual most likely.
Who knows... maybe there’s an outside chance they’re trying to say “Hold out a little longer for this... so don’t buy a Bronco just yet.” *shrug*

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic

They stated before that they would eventually show us the concepts that they built for EJS this year, but didn't get to unveil because of Covid. What better way to do it than to steal some of Fords thunder this weekend.

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I don't know if they can afford that with the Bronco now, drumming up all this excitement to ultimately say "nope, just a concept!" when you've got the biggest competitor in decades knocking on your door on Monday. Fingers crossed they produce it.
My thoughts exactly. It would be quite a spectacularly dumb idea to post that picture and then say "Ha! Made ya look!". I'm not going to cancel my 2020 JLU order or anything because of this picture but I'm VERY FAR from willing to just write this off as Jeep messing around.

They've known for quite some time that Ford is coming to challenge them in this segment and there is no way they're just going to allow the Bronco to come in a make that big of a splash. If I had to bet on it, I'd bet this is going to happen.

Also, I am in agreement with a few things I've seen others post already:
- I'd be happy with the 5.7L; THAT would be very tempting to me.
- If true, the 392 will no doubt be an expensive option. I could easily see it being $8000+.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
They stated before that they would eventually show us the concepts that they built for EJS this year, but didn't get to unveil because of Covid. What better way to do it than to steal some of Fords thunder this weekend.
Then show it. Don’t tease it.

Sponsored

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
If that is what this is truly about then Jeep is grasping at straws lol. You cannot show this and then not put it into production.

Underpromise, overdeliver.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
It won't. They haven't had a 4x4 manual trans that'll handle a v8 since they stopped putting the 5 speed/4.7L and an nv3500 won't last long with a 392 infront of it lol
i have a 2021 Rubi on order, but why is this the case? My Shelby has 526hp (429 lb-ft) and it’s a manual trans why can’t Jeep have one that can handle that power?

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I think Bronco is making Jeep just a little nervous...

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
If you all thought bronco will win the power war, y’all haven’t been paying attention to fca this past decade.
Ford did just release the most powerful mustang ever.

760 hp
629 lb-ft

and that’s from a 5.2L motor not a 6.7L hemi...I’m not saying that Ford is better or anything I’m just responding to the Ford has lost the battle comments. T he battle has just begun. Plus I’m sure ford will respond with putting a Coyote motor in the bronco if that’s the case or a more powerful V6 turbo. That 3.6 turbo they have is in the Ford GT and that thing is ridiculous.

if there’s a 392 in a Jeep major suspension changes would have to happen or you’ll wind up in a ditch (and not in a good way lol). This is obv possible, but ya, like others have said, won’t be cheap.

as I said, I have my rubi on order. So I love em both but that won’t stop me from looking at the Bronco, Ford has a huge stable of engines to choose from...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.