Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
You don't need Dana 60s. But you did forget the 8HP75 but that's in the 3.0 diesel anyway. Why should the price difference be any greater than the difference between a 3.6 GC and a 6.4 GC?
Because another post said that it would come with 35's. They would have to put stronger axles than are already there. As for the price, I'll bet money that it will be waaay more than the diesel.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
I just found this statement on the interweb. :fingerscrossed:

I need one.

"We are already making parts for it. Yes, they are making a hell cat wrangler."

"I was on the launch team for the jt when I worked there. This is 100% true. Both JT and JL will have the 6.4 hemi. Yes I know this and they are building the pilots right now down the line. And they will be on 35" tires stock. They are calling it the Raptor killer."
Saw these on YouTube Comments too, litebrites video I believe.

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Look up the numbers on a Grand Cherokee SRT.
It’s not rated well, is it? Supposedly my SRT only got an EPA max of 25.

Eco mode works and the difference between a 5.7 and 6.4 is minuscule in the real world. Had both. The 6.4 is efficient for the power it has. It gets great mileage.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
I would take a well-executed turbo six over a non-performance variant V8 any day. The only advantage the V8 has is sound. Other advantages of a well-executed turbo six outweigh that.
My Raptor has the 3.5L twin turbo V-6. It makes 450HP and over 500 pounds of torque. Bone stock. I’m routinely in the 22-23 MPG range on the highway and 14-15 range when I’m playing off road. She even averaged 16 pulling a 4000# boat from OK to TN. I’d overwhelmingly second your comments.

I’d like to see FCA slap a turbo or two on the 3.6L that’s already in inventory with a pretty solid service life. Probably could hit the 392 (HP) pretty easily... get it to market fairly quickly... and still do pretty well in the fuel economy side of things. Good power and torque at a reasonable price point as well. Lots of upside with very few drawbacks from my optic.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Question: How long did the JL Diesel take to enter production after it was hinted to the public?
Not sure about the first hints but Jeep officially announced the JL diesel on November 29, 2017

Production models starting getting delivered in January 2020

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I just don't know who exactly this is marketed for.

The average Jeep buyer not only doesn't offroad, but also doesn't want to spend a ton on an SUV. I don't see a 392 Wrangler with minimal options that has a price tag below $50k. The cost alone pretty much eliminates the general market and narrows it down to the enthusiast who have very little influence on sales numbers.

I can't see it pulling anyone away from the Bronco who simply want that "Jeep feeling." If a decently optioned Bronco can start at or below $35k and pack more features than a JL Sport, Jeep's response should be to drop prices or offer more at their current ones instead of adding a more expensive trim with a ridiculous powertrain that, frankly, isn't for the average driver.

I want to believe, but right now I don't. I still want one, though, damnit.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
If it was an inline 6 with a displacement of 3.92L, wouldn't they just round up and call it the new 4 liter?
makes sense. call it the gen2 4.0.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
at first i was thinking this was going to be the hercules teaser. then i had to looking it up. here's the link. so no hemi, but a new i6.

Last edited:

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Who said that? Tons of speculation at this point. I hope they come out with it.
There have been a few people that claim to have insider information saying that it's happening. Looking any of them up on Linked in, shows that they don't have the ties that they claim to have.

The odds a severely stacked against it. It doesn't have the space to pass crash testing. The steering setup will have to be different according to the past concepts. The axles would likely have to be different to handle the power and larger tires. And Jeep is already very close to the CAFE standards cap. So IF this happens, it would be for an incredibly short run. The only real positive note is that they have shoved so many Hemi blocks into project Jeeps for EJS, that the engineering side of it should be nearly finagled. But I highly doubt that this happens. At least 75 to 1 odds.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
I think he might be talking about litebrite and the shitshow they had when they installed their turbo.
Oh I don't watch there channel all the time. I didn't know they had issues...but ya, they seem to be the ones who made a big deal about it but did they get it free? lol. $8K for their supercharger!

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
As someone who also has a couple of BMWs (see my sig), I fully appreciate the I6. In terms of just sound though I prefer the V8. Obviously, we're both talking personal opinion.
Trust me. I prefer the beautiful, unique sound of my flat plane crank V8 out of any of the engines I've driven. I'm just saying the N55 motor sounds very, very good for that little 135i
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.