Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

The real off-road range is like 5-10 miles. Im all for electric when it makes sense and my next daily drive will be one… but I’m so glad I got a 2020. The last of the “boring” NA gas v6s.
5 to 10 miles? I was thinking that TFL only made it 3 before the batteries ran out.
Sponsored

mgarciaknight

First Name
MG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU80
Every vehicle they make with have an electric option... They will still have gas engines as well.

Commercial was lame, so was just about everything esle about the game and commercials.
Denver huh? Hahhaha spoken like a true lame broncos fan. GO CHIEFS!!!

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
The real off-road range is like 5-10 miles. Im all for electric when it makes sense and my next daily drive will be one… but I’m so glad I got a 2020. The last of the “boring” NA gas v6s.

It depends on how long it takes you to cover that 5-10 miles, 2-3 hours?

Then alternatively how much gas would you have used for that 5-10 miles.

But realistically a 4xe is for city slickers, I went from spending around $5,000 a year filling up previous Wranglers, to spending $300 in 2022 for my 4xe.

That's $300 for 15,000 miles, crazy stuff that.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
This forum's all like

EW 4XE STUPID VEHICLE, REAL MEN MODIFY THEIR ECODIESEL TO PUT OUT HELLA BLACK SMOKE LIKE A MAN IN THE WILD!

That said, kinda hilarious that a few months ago they bragged about how the 4XE was great for nature because it's so quiet and stuff.

Nah bruh lets blast music. Gotta traumatize the wildlife.

Guess it still beats the 3.6 aftermarket exhausts I hear. They make 97 Civics with folgers can exhaust sound good.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
This forum's all like

EW 4XE STUPID VEHICLE, REAL MEN MODIFY THEIR ECODIESEL TO PUT OUT HELLA BLACK SMOKE LIKE A MAN IN THE WILD!

That said, kinda hilarious that a few months ago they bragged about how the 4XE was great for nature because it's so quiet and stuff.

Guess it still beats the 3.6 aftermarket exhausts I hear. They make 97 Civics with folgers can exhaust sound good.
Your post is literally the first post in this thread to mention the words:

“REAL MEN”
“MEN”
“ECODIESEL”
“DIESEL”
“HELLA”
“BLACK SMOKE”
“HELLA BLACK SMOKE”
“SMOKE”
“MAN”
“MAN IN THE WILD”
“bruh”
“blast music”
“traumatize the wildlife”

Speaking just for myself, as a manual transmission two door V6 jeep owner, the 4xE is fine and I hope everyone who owns one enjoys it. The ad was just obnoxious; that’s the problem I had with it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

wubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 LBP S2000, '23 Rubicon 4xe
I agree that 4xe excels in cities and suburbs. Everywhere I go in the northern Virginia area, there’s chargers around my destination. Bonus part too is that they’re free. The car isn’t made for everyone but for the use case I mentioned. It does it really well while still being able to use the full capabilities of a wrangler.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x

“REAL MEN”
“MEN”
“ECODIESEL”
“DIESEL”
“HELLA”
“BLACK SMOKE”
“SMOKE”
“MAN”
“MAN IN THE WILD”
“bruh”
“blast music”

Speaking just for myself, as a manual transmission two door V6 jeep owner, the 4xE is fine and I hope everyone who owns one enjoys it. The ad was just obnoxious; that’s the problem I had with it.
Gee— after 8 posts, one that mentions the add, the premise of the thread. Well done. :clap:…………(and correct about it)

Last edited:

Fatalis12B

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 6sp MT JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Couldn't pay me to drive/own a toy, battery operated electric vehicle...4XE or otherwise. If given one for free...the only time I'd drive it would be to a dealer to trade it in on something worth having.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Couldn't pay me to drive/own a toy, battery operated electric vehicle...4XE or otherwise. If given one for free...the only time I'd drive it would be to a dealer to trade it in on something worth having.
You could always take up golf.🏑⛳ ……..Heck, Bill Murray with the groundhog using it for a golf cart would have been better than the juvenile dancing animals.

Last edited:

Jiggs1960

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2022 Chevy Colorado
Vehicle Showcase
I think I'll hold out for the hydrogen fuel cell version. Heck, at my age, what I have now will probably last me until I die anyway.......

Sponsored

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
This forum's all like

Ahh yes - the typical arguement from these type of people.

Can you please highlight anywhere in this thread (before your post) where this was said?

dcm80401

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe / 2023 JLUR 4xe
hmm… you know, that’s a good point I hadn’t thought about. Going downhill, can you run in 4 low to engine brake and regen brake?
Yes I do. Have a local High Altitude were the decent is 35 miles from my house. 12000' to 5800 ' I was able to travel the 35 miles without running the ICE and still had charge left to go another 10 mile.

To be honest going up the grade it is not efficient. Win some, loose some.

Jiggs1960

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2022 Chevy Colorado
Vehicle Showcase

“REAL MEN”
“MEN”
“ECODIESEL”
“DIESEL”
“HELLA”
“BLACK SMOKE”
“HELLA BLACK SMOKE”
“SMOKE”
“MAN”
“MAN IN THE WILD”
“bruh”
“blast music”

I assume that is the Army, Calvary insignia...............thanks for your service. Also, checked our your Jeep......nice Rubicon....and cool dog too, the bigger one.
have a great day.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
5 to 10 miles? I was thinking that TFL only made it 3 before the batteries ran out.
You're right... I was being generous.

This forum's all like

Good lord. Is this one of those "I'm gonna spout so much BS that it makes my point harder to argue against" comments?

I can't wait to own an all electric vehicle and I think the 4xe is a stupid premise. The only thing black and white in this thread are your words.

Albertaktm

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys 2 Door Manual.
Occupation
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Jeep® | The Jeep 4xe “Electric Boogie”

This year's Jeep Superbowl ad sees Wrangler 4xe and Grand Cherokee 4xe in action, paired to a modern remake of the "Electric Boogie" song. The song’s original artist, Marcia Griffiths, was joined by Grammy winner Shaggy, Jamila Falak, Amber Lee, and Moyann on the track. The modernized re-recording celebrates 40 years since Griffiths’ original track. Jeep said the song is available on streaming platforms today.

In our opinion though, the best Superbowl commercial ever by Jeep is still "Groundhog Day" featuring the Gladiator driven by Bill Murray.

The picture of the charging station up on the mountains says it all about electric vehicles. I take several trips a year through the Rocky Mountain fire roads and ocean beaches in BC, Washington, Oregon California and Idaho. NONE of there would be possible in an Electric vehicle. Hell, 80% of the time there is no cell signal. Thats when you know you are in the right place. Until they have charging stations at the tree line.
Sponsored