Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

This is the time to start thinking of ways to convince her that it was your idea to go to that bar, place the bet there… $5k buys a lotta mods!
Or one or two awesome ones!
Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

This is the time to start thinking of ways to convince her that it was your idea to go to that bar, place the bet there… $5k buys a lotta mods!
This thing came from the factory pretty well stoked. I'm thinking that I'm just about running out of mods. Kind of weird for a Jeep, right?

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
This thing came from the factory pretty well stoked. I'm thinking that I'm just about running out of mods. Kind of weird for a Jeep, right?
Oh- don’t get depressed, something new will come out that you just Have to get, or replace what you have now, or add to, or…………………….., right?

Last edited:

258_T18A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon 392, 1979 CJ7
IMO - 4Xe makes sense on the Renegade, Cherokee, Compass type vehicles, but in its current incarnation isn't really a good fit on the Wrangler.

Which brings me to my main point - I'm not opposed to full BEVs when done right but most hybrids strike me as kludgy, overly complex, Rube Goldberg contraptions. Now that there are a bunch of "affordable" BEVs with ranges in the 300-350 mile range I think we're going to see hybrids slowly start to become obsolete over the next few years.

Sponsored

dcm80401

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe / 2023 JLUR 4xe
IMO - 4Xe makes sense on the Renegade, Cherokee, Compass type vehicles, but in its current incarnation isn't really a good fit on the Wrangler.

Which brings me to my main point - I'm not opposed to full BEVs when done right but most hybrids strike me as kludgy, overly complex, Rube Goldberg contraptions. Now that there are a bunch of "affordable" BEVs with ranges in the 300-350 mile range I think we're going to see hybrids slowly start to become obsolete over the next few years.
It's a good fit for me. Everyone's situation is different. Second 4xe Rubicon with be here next week.

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Yeah, I thought that was a bit of a wasted opportunity. Sponsor the halftime show, but I don’t recall seeing any Jeeps in the stadium.

Anyway, wasn’t a fan of that ad. Lacked emotional connection (no one is going to relate to silly cgi zoo animals) or message.

Last two Super Bowl car ads I really liked:

Hell, Jeep India has a nice ad:

Oh, I forgot the binky dad commercial. That one was really good. Very relatable:

Last edited:

Tr4ckD4ys

First Name
Tr4ck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
If only the 4xe wouldn't be such a problem-ridden drivetrain that was released completely prematurely and due to its complexity is causing more headache than joy. It's great for Jeep they can sell the sh** out of those but the reality as other posters have said is a) BEVs are going to start replacing the Hybrids and b) When you sell the sh** out of a vehicle that's also a major driver of dissatisfaction, you are hurting your brand long term.

Tr4ckD4ys

First Name
Tr4ck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
It wasn't a bad commercial, just like ep3 of the last of us wasn't a bad show.

BUT in both cases, there is a similarity: misunderstanding your place in people's minds.

The best ad was the Jesus one, and I'm an atheist. Really nice message wo a target.
... or misunderstanding your place in the producer's minds...

Sponsored

MDawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe, 2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
The editing in this commercial was super deceptive. They made it appear as if the Wrangler has a new center console screen. Or does it?

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
The editing in this commercial was super deceptive. They made it appear as if the Wrangler has a new center console screen. Or does it?
Nah, I think that’s just the GC’s screen.

This advertisement was painful to watch. Whoever thought it was a good idea to channel the tone and style of those shitty Madagascar movies should be fired.

AncientCityJL

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR and 2022 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
amateur tattoo artist and semi-professional race car driver
No, those two arms in that scene (where you can actually see the new infotainment screen) aren't the two people in the Wrangler. Those look like the arms of women. PLUS - the guy driving the Wrangler is wearing plaid and his passenger is a dude. So, that screen and dash have to be from the GC.

Oh, and that commercial is a swing and a miss for me. Absolute crap. I don't even think those two vehicles should be in the same commercial. Talk about apples and oranges. WTF?

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase