Not open for further replies.

4doorturbo

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Regardless if it “was” or “wasn’t” a political ad, I can tell you one thing it wasn’t....a sales ad! They flashed 80th in there, but geez, it seems to be that would have been an awesome segue to feature the 80th anniversary vehicles that are for sale right now!
Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Jeep has had some incredible ads the past few years. The groundhog was amazing, the off-roading ad was nearly as good. This ad tonight tops them all. Stop worrying about the political slant of the artist who wrote the speech he gives. The Boss has always been a spokesmen for the blue-collar and the forgotten working man, and his song on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial was about bringing us together. As was this "ad" which wasn't really advertising anything other than a need to meet in the middle.

I am a teacher, and a farmer, and my wife is a nurse. We are middle of the road politically and we both loved the ad. Jeep wasn't being political, they were being smart, and I honestly don't feel like they gave a shit about selling Jeeps tonight.

We're all tired, and we're all still working to make this country better for our children and grandchildren. ALL OF US. So long as that is our common, honest goal, we're going to be O.K.
If you can't see that, then you need to look long and hard in the mirror. I know I have for the past few years, and that mirror has shown me the sins and successes of my parents as well as the foundations of the Republic we all love so much. So much greatness, so much hope, so much promise, but so much work to do and so far to go.
I can and will buy any man a beer who wants to talk about ways to make our country a better place for all, a woman who will listen to me advocate for my side while defending hers, a person who wants to know how we can all get back to pulling in the same direction. For the rest, I am saddened that discourse has died for you, that reason and debate holds no value, that there is only black and white, and mostly that the sadness of an entire nation means so little to you.

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I believe anyone who thinks it’s a political ad is missing the point.
No, we're not. This kinda crap has permeated almost all commercials. I don't need a razor company telling me to stop treating women like shit when I don't, I don't need the NFL to tell me to stop being racist when I'm not, and I don't need Jeep telling me to find common ground when I wasn't fighting against anyone.

Tell me about your product or service, why it's awesome and how come I should buy or use it, and then promptly shut up.

Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep has had some incredible ads the past few years. The groundhog was amazing, the off-roading ad was nearly as good. This ad tonight tops them all. Stop worrying about the political slant of the artist who wrote the speech he gives. The Boss has always been a spokesmen for the blue-collar and the forgotten working man, and his song on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial was about bringing us together. As was this "ad" which wasn't really advertising anything other than a need to meet in the middle.

I am a teacher, and a farmer, and my wife is a nurse. We are middle of the road politically and we both loved the ad. Jeep wasn't being political, they were being smart, and I honestly don't feel like they gave a shit about selling Jeeps tonight.

We're all tired, and we're all still working to make this country better for our children and grandchildren. ALL OF US. So long as that is our common, honest goal, we're going to be O.K.
If you can't see that, then you need to look long and hard in the mirror. I know I have for the past few years, and that mirror has shown me the sins and successes of my parents as well as the foundations of the Republic we all love so much. So much greatness, so much hope, so much promise, but so much work to do and so far to go.
I can and will buy any man a beer who wants to talk about ways to make our country a better place for all, a woman who will listen to me advocate for my side while defending hers, a person who wants to know how we can all get back to pulling in the same direction. For the rest, I am saddened that discourse has died for you, that reason and debate holds no value, that there is only black and white, and mostly that the sadness of an entire nation means so little to you.
Reminds me of that Eisenhower quote:
"People talk about the middle of the road as though it were unacceptable. Actually, all human problems, excepting morals, come into the gray areas. Things are not all black and white. There have to be compromises. The middle of the road is all of the usable surface. The extremes, right and left, are in the gutters."

Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
No, we're not. This kinda crap has permeated almost all commercials. I don't need a razor company telling me to stop treating women like shit when I don't, I don't need the NFL to tell me to stop being racist when I'm not, and I don't need Jeep telling me to find common ground when I wasn't fighting against anyone.

Tell me about your product or service, why it's awesome and how come I should buy or use it, and then promptly shut up.
You might have a point.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I am Australian and disappointed that Trump lost.

Now it seems that many Americans who supported Trump will lose their jobs!

I was brought up with: "Then we agree to disagree" What happened to that in the US?

(I have a Jeep Wrangler, I have shares in Coca Cola and I admire Warren Buffet)

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Reminds me of that Eisenhower quote:
"People talk about the middle of the road as though it were unacceptable. Actually, all human problems, excepting morals, come into the gray areas. Things are not all black and white. There have to be compromises. The middle of the road is all of the usable surface. The extremes, right and left, are in the gutters."
Wow, invoking Ike! Interesting considering his progressive policies at the time, and his internationalism, which got him (and Kennedy) into some hot water. Had to deal with China while revitalizing the economy at home and dealing with the "Red Scare" at home.
A great Republican president who embraced change AND stability.

Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, invoking Ike! Interesting considering his progressive policies at the time, and his internationalism, which got him (and Kennedy) into some hot water. Had to deal with China while revitalizing the economy at home and dealing with the "Red Scare" at home.
A great Republican president who embraced change AND stability.
I like your style

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
The manifesto one is still my favorite to this day with groundhog being a close second.
This is a great commercial, but they cut out the part where the guy drives it to a dealership for warranty service and gets denied because he "abused" his vehicle.

Thdoors

First Name
Dabber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 2021 JLU Sport 2LT 2015 Sport 3.6L
Occupation
Retired homicide detective
Honestly I was more concerned about him driving off with that hat still on. That thing is going to fly off into oblivion.
Not in a CJ😂😂😂
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.