Not open for further replies.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Jeep going political has to be a calculated move. Maybe they figure the brand already has the political right in the bag,, why not now go after more of the political left?

In the end, it's all about the money.
Sponsored

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
To me, an open conservative, with strong political beliefs, I chose to see beyond the politics which of course frustrate me, but I chose to see the moral of the story which is for more of us to come together and create positive and morally sound commitments and progress. While I see how far that we’ve come and although I don’t support most left side political stunts you can take from it what you want and I take a strong Jeep community that can stand for patriotism but also bettering ourselves and leading the way towards preserving that which we love. While also uniting as much as we can by accepting those from all backgrounds that honor our past and those that defend it and to be apart of our community and our great United States of America. I love my jeep 👌🙌🏼

purduecrew

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XR392, 2023 JLURD, 2022 Yukon Duramax
I believe anyone who thinks it’s a political ad is missing the point.
I would say 74 million people would agree with that if:
- That sorry excuse for an entertainer wasn't the spokesman
- The "re-united" stunt. Roll my eyes.

They coulda used a farmer, a teacher, a nurse, whatever and actually had something worth saying.

But thats just two minor observations.

Sponsored

Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
To me, an open conservative, with strong political beliefs, I chose to see beyond the politics which of course frustrate me, but I chose to see the moral of the story which is for more of us to come together and create positive and morally sound commitments and progress. While I see for far that we’ve come and I don’t support most left side political stunts you can take from it what you want and I take a strong Jeep community that can stand for patriotism but also bettering ourselves and leading the way towards preserving that which we love but also uniting as much as we can and accepting those from all backgrounds to be apart of our community and our great United States of America. I love my jeep 👌🙌🏼
Well put

Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I would say 74 million people would agree with that if:
- That sorry excuse for an entertainer wasn't the spokesman
- The "re-united" stunt. Roll my eyes.

They coulda used a farmer, a teacher, a nurse, whatever and actually had something worth saying.

But thats just two minor observations.
You might be right about the farmer, teacher, nurse comment. I can’t get on board for sorry excuse for an entertainer comment. Ive seen him live and it was amazing.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
It wasn't a political ad per se, but it definitely has politics in it.
Right. I fully support the idea of unity, and we sure could use it, but you make a commercial about meeting in the middle with a person well known for favoring one side, then finish it off with the "re-united" crap taking a shot at the other side. There's just no need for that.

Same commercial with a truly neutral person (ie, a teacher, nurse, farmer, etc as a poster suggested) and you got a home run.

Jeepileptic

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2016 Fisher-Price Jeep Frozen Edition
Right. I fully support the idea of unity, and we sure could use it, but you make a commercial about meeting in the middle with a person well known for favoring one side, then finish it off with the "re-united" crap taking a shot at the other side.

Same commercial with a truly neutral person (ie, a teacher, nurse, farmer, etc as a poster suggested) would have gone a very long way.
I see this point about using someone else. Would’ve prevented the feeling of it being a jab.

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Meh....
Stay out of insinuating politics Jeep. Hell, maybe they should have just said we need another 911 to bring us together. One side will say "really you want unity after 4+ years of crap" and the other will say it was based on "white privilege". Just stick to this one...

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I just liked it mainly for the old CJ being driven by an old guy, sure it could have been any old guy that wasn't politically motivated, that would have been better. But I'm just tired politically at this point, gotta live my life.

Jeepileptic

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2016 Fisher-Price Jeep Frozen Edition
Meh....
Stay out of insinuating politics Jeep. Hell, maybe they should have just said we need another 911 to bring us together. One side will say "really you want unity after 4+ years of crap" and the other will say it was based on "white privilege". Just stick to this one...
Instant classic. But I think the groundhog has posted liberal comments in the past.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.