mike_b_81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Of course not all Admin Seps are for bad reasons, but the two Marines I had separated were for other than honorable reasons (Multiple NJPs), their uniforms were confiscated. And what did one of them do right after? He bought Dress Blues, and put corporal Chevrons and blood stripes on despite never advancing past PFC and a Combat Action Ribbon on and posted pictures of him wearing them on facebook while claiming he was still in. This is the exact reason why. He blocked everyone in the company after he was called out on his BS. This is also the same guy who had to be hauled out of the barracks by PMO several days AFTER his sep date because he managed to get back on base and was still sleeping there.
I can see it happening for a BCD (big chicken dinner, lol) also. But I personally do not have any experience with that.
Sponsored

allieboy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
My favorite ad was for the Acme Parachute that opens on impact.

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
This is the best commercial I’ve seen in a long time, certainly the best from the game and I can’t believe I missed it somehow. It’s rare that I get goosebumps from any advertisement but this did it. Proud to be a Jeep owner and God bless the U.S.A!

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
This is the best commercial I’ve seen in a long time, certainly the best from the game and I can’t believe I missed it somehow. It’s rare that I get goosebumps from any advertisement but this did it. Proud to be a Jeep owner and God bless the U.S.A!
I think it was online only. Not on broadcast TV, so you didn’t miss it. It would’ve been a $21 million ad on live TV.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I can see it happening for a BCD (big chicken dinner, lol) also. But I personally do not have any experience with that.
lol, yes It would take a major event to get a BCD. We had a guy that was Admin Sepped straight out of the Brig. Just a general under other than honorable discharge.

Sponsored

ajasper6579

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 4-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Advertising
I spent 20 years in the Army and my social life still revolves around Vets and prior service men and women. We ALL still are patriots...and the military instills deep patriotism and pride in almost every sailor, soldier, airman or marine that has served.
Correcting your wrong assumption. YES Vets and prior service men and women often Salute in the mirror. We are proud...but more importantly we practice and critique our salute to ensure it is CORRECT....the positioning of our arm, hand and fingers. We do this because we SALUTE rather than placing our hand over our heart when the National Anthem is played...and like we were taught in the military....it should be done correctly!
Fair enough. Thank you for correcting me, but more importantly, thank you so much for your service!

ajasper6579

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 4-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Advertising
Despite the internet and the massive decline of avg unit TV ratings over the last 20 years - the Super Bowl is still the grand daddy of quick mass reach in one 30 second unit. Nothing else comes close. Want to reach Americans fast in one shot - Super Bowl. That's the paid media. Its supported with early releases on YT to build momentum going into the big game. SEM drives more actions. The owned and earned media amplifies it more. Have a truly great ad? Double or triple the earned effect. In past years, FCA used several agencies not just one. Its starts with a brief from the client, coupled with a research insights to justify the production and media spend, then works its way thru the agency until storyboards get approved by the client and off to production. Clients and agencies can agonize over Super Bowl spots given the stakes are so high.

Agencies have been fired as a result of the USA Today Super Bowl Ad Meter on Monday morning (this is dumb). The client calls for comprehensive reports on Super Bowl ad performance data starts filling up email boxes and voicemails early Monday morning. Almost everyone agrees on the bad ads, folks over 40 like more ads than most and folks under 25 dislike almost all of them - according to the hard data from past 4 years of Super Bowl. Humor and feel good spots usually top the charts. And puppies. Puppies crush.

I've had nearly a 100 ads for clients in the Super Bowl over 35 years. usually in the top 3rd. handful in the top spot. Some in the middle. None ever at the bottom. I always feel terrible for the agency folks at the bottom. A bad ad starts with a bad brief and gets worse by the time it gets on air.
Oh the dreaded bad brief...it's the worst..."I'm going to tell you what to do...now tell me why you did it"

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
Nice commercial! Screw the national felon league. Yea I know some of them are good guys, but the nfl would hate to show that. I never served, but to the ones kneeling it’s disrespectful and sorry In my opinion. Thanks to all that served and serve!

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Ok. A couple of things here. First, I sent this video to my sister and she loved it. My BIL loved it. My Niece (Christian High School) loved it and wants to buy a Jeep. Now the other thing... My niece showed it to her BFF and here is the direct quote after she viewed it, brace yourselves. "It's cool, I don't know the pledge of alligence so it was kinda hard to tell what was supposed to be what but it was cool."

So, I showed it to some of my coworkers. I think you would be amazed and slightly scared at the results. I know I was.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Ok. A couple of things here. First, I sent this video to my sister and she loved it. My BIL loved it. My Niece (Christian High School) loved it and wants to buy a Jeep. Now the other thing... My niece showed it to her BFF and here is the direct quote after she viewed it, brace yourselves. "It's cool, I don't know the pledge of alligence so it was kinda hard to tell what was supposed to be what but it was cool."

So, I showed it to some of my coworkers. I think you would be amazed and slightly scared at the results. I know I was.
WTF?:headbang:

Sponsored

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
We ALL still are patriots...and the military instills deep patriotism and pride in almost every sailor, soldier, airman or marine that has served.
YES Vets and prior service men and women often Salute in the mirror. We are proud...but more importantly we practice and critique our salute to ensure it is CORRECT....the positioning of our arm, hand and fingers. We do this because we SALUTE rather than placing our hand over our heart when the National Anthem is played...and like we were taught in the military....it should be done correctly!
AMEN!
Even when I am in my FD uniform I still practice, I have lost friends on both sides & it is for them & for all who currently serve, have served, & given the ultimate sacrifice. Whether military or 1st Responder. I must admit the commercial gave me chills & a tear or 2. Actually made me stand up!
Yeah, I like the commercial, A LOT!

God Bless America!

Last edited:

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know about your rig but mine's made in my home state Toledo, Ohio. Say what you will, we live in a globalized world, and it's partner or die. Jeep has skillfully navigated since it's AMC days to now, and my JL is the best quality I've had of the 5 i've owned since my CJ. At least Fiat knows what makes the Jeep brand special. It's Americana.
I agree Eco, I don’t care if space aliens own the company. They’re made here in America and we all LOVE our Jeeps so whats the problem some people are having?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I agree Eco, I don’t care if space aliens own the company. They’re made here in America and we all LOVE our Jeeps so whats the problem some people are having?
FCA, having previously owned and now shepherding Ferrari, knows a think or two about managing an icon. They hit it out of the park with the JL and were bold enough to introduce the JT. This management team has done a better job with the Jeep brand than anybody before them. My hat is off to them, every time I press the start button.