First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
The uniform is indeed a Marine, and he is wearing it in the proper manner. A little know fact not widely known by the public is one that all prior military know; When you leave service; you are to remove all rank and unit insignia on all uniforms unless it's on your service dress uniform worn for special events. Anyway, that is the "proper" thing to do, as this Marine has done so.
Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I find it strange that people watch the game for the commercials. Admittedly there has been a year or two where they were pretty good, but the past few years were nothing worth specifically watching for. That's just my opinion though, so whatever. I watched the game for the game, and didn't watch the half time show, so I'm not sure how that went.
As far as the game. I wanted the Patriots to win. I know a lot of people were hoping for anyone else, but I wanted them to win for two reasons. First, because they're the AFC team. Second, and more importantly, by getting that sixth win they take away Pittsburg's ability to say they've won the most Super Bowls. Now they're just tied for it.

As for the Jeep commercial. I think it's smart for FCA to skip the super expensive add time. Play it before/after the game when air time is cheaper, and keep the cost of your vehicles down. I realize that 1 commercial is a small expense in the relative cost of such a large business, but every little bit helps.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
The uniform is indeed a Marine, and he is wearing it in the proper manner. A little know fact not widely known by the public is one that all prior military know; When you leave service; you are to remove all rank and unit insignia on all uniforms unless it's on your service dress uniform worn for special events. Anyway, that is the "proper" thing to do, as this Marine has done so.
I don't think that's a thing anymore. Not once in the entire time I was preparing to retire did anyone mention anything about removing rank from your uniforms. You're not supposed to wear your uniforms at your own leisure, and that if you do wear your uniform for an event you still need to adhere to proper hair regulations and shave is all that was mentioned. I still retain my rank, and the gate guards refer to me as such when I do go on base, but that's about it.

One of the only exceptions to this is service members that are administratively separated (Kicked Out) are required to turn in their uniforms rather than keep them.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I don't think that's a thing anymore. Not once in the entire time I was preparing to retire did anyone mention anything about removing rank from your uniforms. You're not supposed to wear your uniforms at your own leisure, and that if you do wear your uniform for an event you still need to adhere to proper hair regulations and shave is all that was mentioned. I still retain my rank, and the gate guards refer to me as such when I do go on base, but that's about it.

One of the only exceptions to this is service members that are administratively separated (Kicked Out) are required to turn in their uniforms rather than keep them.
Absolutely not accurate, at least not at the 2 Army bases I was assigned to. As a mental health provider, I had to see nearly everyone who under went adminstrative separation. They were allowed to keep everything unless it was something they were issued at that base, such as deployment gear.
Now of course, there are asshole COs and 1SG out there who wallow in other's misery.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely not accurate, at least not at the 2 Army bases I was assigned to. As a mental health provider, I had to see nearly everyone who under went adminstrative separation. They were allowed to keep everything unless it was something they were issued at that base, such as deployment gear.
Now of course, there are asshole COs and 1SG out there who wallow in other's misery.
Of course not all Admin Seps are for bad reasons, but the two Marines I had separated were for other than honorable reasons (Multiple NJPs), their uniforms were confiscated. And what did one of them do right after? He bought Dress Blues, and put corporal Chevrons and blood stripes on despite never advancing past PFC and a Combat Action Ribbon on and posted pictures of him wearing them on facebook while claiming he was still in. This is the exact reason why. He blocked everyone in the company after he was called out on his BS. This is also the same guy who had to be hauled out of the barracks by PMO several days AFTER his sep date because he managed to get back on base and was still sleeping there.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Of course not all Admin Seps are for bad reasons, but the two Marines I had separated were for other than honorable reasons (Multiple NJPs), their uniforms were confiscated. And what did one of them do right after? He bought Dress Blues, and put corporal Chevrons and blood stripes on despite never advancing past PFC and a Combat Action Ribbon on and posted pictures of him wearing them on facebook while claiming he was still in. This is the exact reason why. He blocked everyone in the company after he was called out on his BS. This is also the same guy who had to be hauled out of the barracks by PMO several days AFTER his sep date because he managed to get back on base and was still sleeping there.
Lol oops, yeah I can see it for other than honorable.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Lol oops, yeah I can see it for other than honorable.
For other reasons they're fine keeping their uniforms, lol. I just had a bad experience with the two. One obviously worse than the other.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Great commercial. One problem tho is if they play on Super Bowl it’s the wrong place, Having people take a knee during the country’s anthem showing disrespect. But again great commercial. Don’t want to start any problems so if you want to fire back at me you be taking to your self. Good day everyone.
I think this commercial is exactly what Pro Football needed to combat the nut jobs taking the knee against cops and whatever. With management allowing it they have gotten a black eye (this might be considered racist these days?? lol ), so it wouldn't surprise me to find NFL knocking off ad pricing for any advertisement depicting patriotism. ;) Do I like the ad? Sure.

Jeep and patriotism should go hand in hand but it is more then a shame it is not USA own but instead owned in a country that was part of the axis powers (Nazi), and fighting against the good ole USA. Fortunately they were lame fighters which helped us, so there is that. lol But there is an irony there for sure. ;)

Do I think about any of this much? No, I'm like this rest and enjoy the vehicle and try not to think about it........ ;)

Sponsored

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
I didn't see the commercial. Watched The Whole game, was disappointed that I missed it.

Calexb

First Name
Carlton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Granite Crystal - Manual - Loaded
I missed the commercial. I was out driving my JLUR, actually - picking up my daughter from Girl Scouts. How American!

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
ICYMI - apparently Jalen Rose liked it :like:

782869B1-2A7C-4EA1-9A67-027AA529AD6F.jpeg
Sponsored