Jeep Super Bowl Commercial

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Am I the only one who noticed that it only took Jeep one year to abandon the message from it's all-time great Super Bowl ad from 2018, which was basically "quit making grandiose statements about what your company represents, and just show us your product can do"? And what does Jeep do this year? They make an ad which makes a grandiose statement about what the company represents, and includes approximately 2 seconds (out of 2 minutes) that feature what the product can do.
I agree, lasts years commercial was perfect. I wish they just did the same thing but with a different color in different setting.

ajasper6579

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 4-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Advertising
Ha ha. I smile every time too, but the only response I get from my wife is a pitiful "the Jeep wave is stupid". Ha ha. She has a Renegade, and a Grand Cherokee before that. No waves with either of them, but the Wrangler gets them all the time. She waves too when she's driving it, so I know she doesn't think it's stupid.
I am pretty lucky there, the Jeep is my car, but my wife drives it sometimes and she does the wave. Apparently my kids wave at Jeeps when they are riding in my mother-in-law's Highlander...That just feels like a big win.

crash13

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I'm not even American and this brought a tear to my eye. You guys are lucky to have such historic values and this ad portrays some of the very best of the US. Don't ever lose sight of that.
ps. Canada isn't so bad either ;)

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not even American and this brought a tear to my eye. You guys are lucky to have such historic values and this ad portrays some of the very best of the US. Don't ever lose sight of that.
ps. Canada isn't so bad either ;)
lol, we like Y'all up there. Just don't expect to get away without a good-natured ribbing. :)

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Absolutely. After all, how can anyone not like a country that gave us Tims?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Is an Italian company blatantly exploiting American jingoism for profit really that much better?

For the record, I like this Jeep commercial, and thought that Gillette commercial was awful. But FCA is going to the patriotism well an awful lot for a foreign-owned entity.
The Wrangler in 2017, I believe, had the highest American made parts content of any vehicle sold in the US. The 2.0 liter JL probably still holds that title. If the Italians can do that better than GM or Ford, then good on them. Their vehicle is an American Icon with history like no other, directly tied to victory in the biggest war ever. Of course they are going to show that. I have no problem with it, whatsoever. Besides, Italians love the fact Jeeps are an American thing and they have a piece of it. I was all over Italy last spring and they were very proud of that connection.

Xingpao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I liked it. I only wish they had shown more Jeeps, particularly driving together like in the tunnel.

Jeep does embody the American spirit and it's a shane they didn't show that with shots of what people get out and do with them more.

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Looks like a great commercial, couldn't listen to audio yet. Felt great to watch, then I had to go work on my Jeep, and had to get the metric wrenches. ;-)

Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Looks like a great commercial, couldn't listen to audio yet. Felt great to watch, then I had to go work on my Jeep, and had to get the metric wrenches. ;-)
This commercial is so awesome you can sing it without any sound. Just start the video, and when you see the tire, start singing the anthem!

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Fucking Nailed It!

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I don't care who owns Jeep as long as they are built in the US. In fact, foreign investment in America should be encouraged and is a good thing, not bad.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Totally agree with you! That would be powerful indeed. But in my case, a mother teaching her son. Lol but I won't hold it against you! Whenever my husband and I go somewhere, he is always thanked for his service. I have Iraqi plates so people recognize it. You should see their faces when I say "thank you". Or when he says he wasn't in the service but I was. All good tho. I'd do it again! :flag:
Thank you for your service, Ma'am! :flag:
Sponsored