Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 4-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Advertising
Totally agree with you! That would be powerful indeed. But in my case, a mother teaching her son. Lol but I won't hold it against you! Whenever my husband and I go somewhere, he is always thanked for his service. I have Iraqi plates so people recognize it. You should see their faces when I say "thank you". Or when he says he wasn't in the service but I was. All good tho. I'd do it again! :flag:
Apologies for my ignorant assumption...I actually like the idea of the hypothetical commercial we have just created being a mom teaching her son far more than the dad...OK Jeep, now storyboard it.
Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Funny considering it's coming from an Italian automaker. I guess they are trying to convince us that we aren't buying foreign cars?

Mopar John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Great commercial, wouldn't expect anything less from FCA!

EcoLogicalFox

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebraveroad.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara; 2008 JK 2dr 2"lift, 1961 Willys Wagon Super Hurricane
Occupation
Digital Media Executive
Funny considering it's coming from an Italian automaker. I guess they are trying to convince us that we aren't buying foreign cars?
I don't know about your rig but mine's made in my home state Toledo, Ohio. Say what you will, we live in a globalized world, and it's partner or die. Jeep has skillfully navigated since it's AMC days to now, and my JL is the best quality I've had of the 5 i've owned since my CJ. At least Fiat knows what makes the Jeep brand special. It's Americana.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
It is a great ad. It absolutely departs from their manifesto ad from 2018 but that's OK, companies change directions every year. Also, I am sure that FCA would say "this isn't a manifesto, patriotism is as central to our brand as climbing up a waterfall is." I will say that I am sort of bothered by two parts of the ad, the pillow fight scene...I am pretty sure I have seen it before, it looks like stock footage; and the scene where the doughboy salutes himself in the mirror...I am not a vet. I certainly appreciate the sacrifice of every vet, but I feel I need to caveat this. I assume I will be corrected, but has any vet on this forum ever saluted themselves, alone, in a mirror? If so, I will humbly stand corrected on my second point.
Marine, not Doughboy. Although he's probably just an actor and that would explain the total lack of Rank, Ribbions and EGA.

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
:facepalm:...I get what you're saying but considering Jeep is a for-profit company and we are a capitalist nation/society, appealing to the masses through its marketing is brilliant and contributes to that ultimate corporate goal you know making money
I get that, I just have a compulsion to point out when someone is being hypocritical. Which Jeep is here. I mean it's their right to do that, and it will appeal to a lot of the Jeep audience. But it's still hypocritical.

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
Fantastic! That little league baseball scene brought back a lot of great memories ... love those toll house cookies, too!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I get that, I just have a compulsion to point out when someone is being hypocritical. Which Jeep is here. I mean it's their right to do that, and it will appeal to a lot of the Jeep audience. But it's still hypocritical.
Maybe they just went through a different advertisement agency...

tenor.gif

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
For comparison sake, the Gladiator ad is trying to sell the rebirth of the Jeep "Truck" this ad isn't really selling or telling me anything that I don't already know. Its universal, the good stuff you can see in 'Merica, which is what we are lacking right now, focus on what is good and brings us together. And you don't really need to have a Jeep to get you there. Great job Jeep! Love the ad!
Sponsored