First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Despite the internet and the massive decline of avg unit TV ratings over the last 20 years - the Super Bowl is still the grand daddy of quick mass reach in one 30 second unit. Nothing else comes close. Want to reach Americans fast in one shot - Super Bowl. That's the paid media. Its supported with early releases on YT to build momentum going into the big game. SEM drives more actions. The owned and earned media amplifies it more. Have a truly great ad? Double or triple the earned effect. In past years, FCA used several agencies not just one. Its starts with a brief from the client, coupled with a research insights to justify the production and media spend, then works its way thru the agency until storyboards get approved by the client and off to production. Clients and agencies can agonize over Super Bowl spots given the stakes are so high.

Agencies have been fired as a result of the USA Today Super Bowl Ad Meter on Monday morning (this is dumb). The client calls for comprehensive reports on Super Bowl ad performance data starts filling up email boxes and voicemails early Monday morning. Almost everyone agrees on the bad ads, folks over 40 like more ads than most and folks under 25 dislike almost all of them - according to the hard data from past 4 years of Super Bowl. Humor and feel good spots usually top the charts. And puppies. Puppies crush.

I've had nearly a 100 ads for clients in the Super Bowl over 35 years. usually in the top 3rd. handful in the top spot. Some in the middle. None ever at the bottom. I always feel terrible for the agency folks at the bottom. A bad ad starts with a bad brief and gets worse by the time it gets on air.
Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Hot dogs are of German origin, and I've never heard anyone question those!
As delicious as they are with some mustard, that's why I left them out. Although they do seem pretty American when you're at a ball game with a dog in hand.

Sponsored

zb39

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 5500, 2018 Durango GT AWD, 2015 malibu, GMC 3500 Dump, 70 challenger convertible, 2019 2 door rubicon, manual tranny
Thats a bummer, I only watched the game to see the add. I just watched it on youtube, Great add.

KarlG

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 AEV 350 JK Rubicon 2019 JLUR
Great commercial. In this year’s slew of pretty forgettable ads, it would have been a very close to top ranked. IMO, but my opinion is weak when it comes to popular reaction. I thought Pet Rocks were stupid and many other things that were gigantic sellers.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
5F9FD008-625F-4048-9E04-824B33B2DC22.jpeg
41 million views so far...just incredible. Nice to know I’m not alone in my love for this country and our Jeep.

I know this isn’t our JL, it’s our GC, but since I took this today I feel it’s fitting...

Last edited:

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR Mojito, 1993 YJ, 2001 Ram 2500, 2012 Ram Dually , 2014 Durango
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
Fca is doing pre super bowl online ads only.
FCA new the NFL/Super Bowl's days are numbered thanks to Roger Goddell and they saved millions not airing their commercials during the SB.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
The uniform appears to be a marine uniform...but it looks like they have removed all distinctive military insignias...so the uniform REPRESENTS most military services.
And they got their point across....magnificently! EVERY prior service man or woman feels the pride of that entire commercial.....in the last scene when the service man SALUTES !
(just like the police and fire fighters feel...when they are represented in the commercial too)
The reason it appears to be a Marine Uniform is because it is a Marine Uniform. The Khaki Shirt with the dark green cover, and if it had been zoomed out a big more you would see Dark Green Trousers. It's very distinctive because it denotes branch of service.

I do get your point though, it's supposed to represent all veterans of all branches. Something I appreciate.

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The reason it appears to be a Marine Uniform is because it is a Marine Uniform. The Khaki Shirt with the dark green cover, and if it had been zoomed out a big more you would see Dark Green Trousers. It's very distinctive because it denotes branch of service.

I do get your point though, it's supposed to represent all veterans of all branches. Something I appreciate.
Yes, the Department of the Navy was well represented... After all, Marine is an acronym for: My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment. That said, the Navy taught me one of the great truths in life: Never Again Volunteer Yourself. All kidding aside, this was a great commercial that actually brought tears to my eyes. My voice cracked when I called my wife over to watch it for the second time. As the saying goes, I am a Veteran and my oath of enlistment has no expiration date. I just never thought I would be called to defend against domestic enemies in my lifetime; yet here we are, Infanticide and all. Time to dust off the Dungarees.

aa25669ba05c0159cfc6f7b2d735876a.jpg

www.ussnclivinghistory.com_images_img6144068.jpg
Sponsored