First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2-Door 3.6L Manual, 1997 TJ Sport 2-Door 4.0L Manual;
Occupation
Architect
THIS COMMERCIAL IS AMAZING. WOW, not gonna lie, I think I teared up.
If I did not already have a TJ in the driveway, and a '19 JL on order, I would be buying one based on that commercial alone.
I guess I could always get another....
Well done Jeep, well done indeed.

USA! USA! USA!
Sponsored

sarum87

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ 7
Vehicle Showcase
Great Ad! Both of them. I think the feedback will be strong on these.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Looks like a great commercial, couldn't listen to audio yet. Felt great to watch, then I had to go work on my Jeep, and had to get the metric wrenches. ;-)
I wish we'd switch to it, it's a much easier system to work with.
We're the only country in the world that is too dang stubborn to adopted it. Everything is in units of 10. None of this trying to figure out how many ounces in a pound, or feet in a mile. It's easy. 1,000 meters is 1 kilometer, and 1,000 milligrams is 1 gram. The easiest system to measure by, accepted by the entire world, and we don't use it. Stupid.

Anyway, I digress.
I agree with many of the other replies. It would have been cool if they'd have shown more Jeeps doing Jeep things, but it was cool none the less.

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
We're the only country in the world that is too dang stubborn to adopted it. Everything is in units of 10. None of this trying to figure out how many ounces in a pound, or feet in a mile. It's easy. 1,000 meters is 1 kilometer, and 1,000 milligrams is 1 gram. The easiest system to measure by, accepted by the entire world, and we don't use it. Stupid.

Anyway, I digress.
I agree with many of the other replies. It would have been cool if they'd have shown more Jeeps doing Jeep things, but it was cool none the less.
Actually, there are other countries that use miles such as England. They are miles per hour, miles per gallon, and miles on the road. There are others. We are not alone. ;)

Sponsored

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
It is a great ad. It absolutely departs from their manifesto ad from 2018 but that's OK, companies change directions every year. Also, I am sure that FCA would say "this isn't a manifesto, patriotism is as central to our brand as climbing up a waterfall is." I will say that I am sort of bothered by two parts of the ad, the pillow fight scene...I am pretty sure I have seen it before, it looks like stock footage; and the scene where the doughboy salutes himself in the mirror...I am not a vet. I certainly appreciate the sacrifice of every vet, but I feel I need to caveat this. I assume I will be corrected, but has any vet on this forum ever saluted themselves, alone, in a mirror? If so, I will humbly stand corrected on my second point.
I spent 20 years in the Army and my social life still revolves around Vets and prior service men and women. We ALL still are patriots...and the military instills deep patriotism and pride in almost every sailor, soldier, airman or marine that has served.
Correcting your wrong assumption. YES Vets and prior service men and women often Salute in the mirror. We are proud...but more importantly we practice and critique our salute to ensure it is CORRECT....the positioning of our arm, hand and fingers. We do this because we SALUTE rather than placing our hand over our heart when the National Anthem is played...and like we were taught in the military....it should be done correctly!

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
Marine, not Doughboy. Although he's probably just an actor and that would explain the total lack of Rank, Ribbions and EGA.
The uniform appears to be a marine uniform...but it looks like they have removed all distinctive military insignias...so the uniform REPRESENTS most military services.
And they got their point across....magnificently! EVERY prior service man or woman feels the pride of that entire commercial.....in the last scene when the service man SALUTES !
(just like the police and fire fighters feel...when they are represented in the commercial too)

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great commercial. One problem tho is if they play on Super Bowl it’s the wrong place, Having people take a knee during the country’s anthem showing disrespect. But again great commercial. Don’t want to start any problems so if you want to fire back at me you be taking to your self. Good day everyone.
I Disagree. The Super Bowl is precisely the right place to have this commercial shown. This commercial shows tremendous patriotism and it deeply affects EVERYONE who watches it. If you want football fans and spectators to pressure people to show national pride and stand for our national anthem....this commercial does it well. For those who like the thought of kneeling...they should rethink their method of protest and choose a different method of protest to get their issues. I support those who choose to protest....but I strongly believe that kneeling during the National Anthem brings LESS credit to the issue that they are protesting. There are many other methods to protest to bring attention to their cause....but disrespecting our country...our national anthem and our veterans is simply a stupid way to bring "Positive Attention" to their cause.

So YES.....I strongly believe that the Super Bowl is precisely the best place to show pride and show the those FEW who want to protest...that we are PROUD and that their stupidity will not dominate our view of our country and our patriotism!

Last edited:

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have to admit, I started watching, expecting I would be throwing the computer out the window after seeing recent ads. I was shocked to see that there is still hope for us yet! Bravo, Jeep, Bravo!

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

Anyway, I digress.
We have adopted it, in reality, but just not in our minds. I use my metric tools 99% of the time on just about everything, including everything made in the US. My brother runs a small company that manufactures biological equipment from small to huge and everything they do is metric. We don't see cubic inches on the sides of cars anymore, you see liters.

So we use miles and gallons. Big deal. I like that better. And, no, the whole world doesn't use metric for everything. Aviation all over the world uses nautical miles for distance and speed. Commercial aviation also uses feet for altitude. I am not 100% sure about other countries and military aviation, but I know when they are talking to commercial towers, it is in feet. Flight level 36 is not meters, it is 36,000 feet.

You buy 2 liter bottles of soda, too, but gallons of milk. If you have a feel for it, it is fine. With our cars and gasoline, we have a feel for miles and gallons that has been reinforced inumerable times, so I doubt that's going anywhere. Besides, a 2 liter of milk would be gone way too fast in my house! Lol!

I was in the UK just last spring and there were times I heard and saw English measurement, although it was mostly metric. I remember being a bit surprised whenever I saw that.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, back to the fuss about Jeep being Italian-owned. I just thought of something. Spaghetti Westerns. I watched "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" yesterday, and just that right there, all by itself, gives them the right to wave the American flag all they want! They made better westerns than Hollywood, at times. So, I've come to the following conclusion: The Jeep Wrangler is just as American as Clint Eastwood! :flag::muscle::handsinair::rock:

Gremluc

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Challenger & 2017 Chrysler Pacifica
Jeep is still Jeep, and is just as American as any other manufacturer headquartered in the US. Without Fiat's cash Banks (And cleaning up the mess that Daimler and Cerberus left) We wouldn't have Jeeps anymore.
Well said.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Dan, you forgot apple pie. They're as American as Clint Eastwood, baseball, and apple pie. Never forget the pie.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dan, you forgot apple pie. They're as American as Clint Eastwood, baseball, and apple pie. Never forget the pie.
Hot dogs are of German origin, and I've never heard anyone question those!
Sponsored