Sponsored

Jeep Super Bowl Commercial

Oakwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JLUR Mojito
FCA may have italian roots by now, but looking back, italians contributed alot to establishing the US folklore as we know it today. Some of the most famous western movies were made by italians (once upon a time in the west, etc.). The italian mafia's "style" during the 20s and 30s still catch the imagination of anyone thinking about those times. I'm Canadian but i still think that it's a great ad.

Sponsored

NeoMaximuz

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Unlimited Rubicon JL
D14AB5AB-58EF-44ED-90E2-9439BB997BC2.jpeg
This says it all
That was my favorite part. As a first time Jeep owner, I can't help but smile every time someone gives me a Jeep wave back.

When my wife is with me, she always adds with a big smile "that is soo cool!"

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Is an Italian company blatantly exploiting American jingoism for profit really that much better?

For the record, I like this Jeep commercial, and thought that Gillette commercial was awful. But FCA is going to the patriotism well an awful lot for a foreign-owned entity.
Considering what that Italian company did to rescue Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/RAM and has done to keep the Wrangler lineup being built in Toledo, they can play to the patriotic theme, as far as I am concerned.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
As an Iraqi vet who lost a few friends, the national anthem always brings tears. Awesome commercial.
HUA. The anthem, Taps, and pipers playing Amazing Grace. Goosebumps and fightback tears, every time.

.... a mother teaching her son...
Apologies for my ignorant assumption...I actually like the idea of the hypothetical commercial we have just created being a mom teaching her son far more than the dad...OK Jeep, now storyboard it.
Agreed, that would be powerful.
Another possibility Ari could be vet was practicing his salute in the mirror since it's been so long since he's done it, and is preparing for a funeral. I know I'd polish it up first. Could be many reasons to practice a salute. That said, it did seem it bit out of place in the add. I like the mom teaching her son version better.

I don't know about your rig but mine's made in my home state Toledo, Ohio....
O-H!!!!

That was my favorite part. As a first time Jeep owner, I can't help but smile every time someone gives me a Jeep wave back.

When my wife is with me, she always adds with a big smile "that is soo cool!"
Ha ha. I smile every time too, but the only response I get from my wife is a pitiful "the Jeep wave is stupid". Ha ha. She has a Renegade, and a Grand Cherokee before that. No waves with either of them, but the Wrangler gets them all the time. She waves too when she's driving it, so I know she doesn't think it's stupid.

geospyder

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Mo" 2019 Mojito 2 Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
As an Iraqi vet who lost a few friends, the national anthem always brings tears. Awesome commercial.
Know the feeling. Vietnam, been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee
Great spot. Think this embodies the brand values well - unique American moments and memories shared from generation to generation. Represents the same sentiment that loyal jeep owners get as we live our own Jeep experiences.
Sponsored