Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Am I the only one who noticed that it only took Jeep one year to abandon the message from it's all-time great Super Bowl ad from 2018, which was basically "quit making grandiose statements about what your company represents, and just show us your product can do"? And what does Jeep do this year? They make an ad which makes a grandiose statement about what the company represents, and includes approximately 2 seconds (out of 2 minutes) that feature what the product can do.
They also had Jeff Goldbloom recreate the T-Rex chase in a new Rubicon (2 door before they were actually sold), and had Vikings sail across the ocean with a Ram 1500 on their ship... Probably shouldn't take TV commercials so seriously my friend.
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
They also had Jeff Goldbloom recreate the T-Rex chase in a new Rubicon (2 door before they were actually sold), and had Vikings sail across the ocean with a Ram 1500 on their ship... Probably shouldn't take TV commercials so seriously my friend.
As a Vikings fan, I laughed and cried at the same time. That was a great commercial!

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
Jeep is still Jeep, and is just as American as any other manufacturer headquartered in the US. Without Fiat's cash Banks (And cleaning up the mess that Daimler and Cerberus left) We wouldn't have Jeeps anymore.
Oh, 'We' would still have Jeep. It would just be owned by a Chinese entity. Although if you are fine with Italian ownership, presumably you'd be fine with Chinese ownership?

Geely has done a great job with Volvo, so there's no reason to expect that Chinese ownership of the brand would have gone badly. Glad we don't get to find out, though.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, 'We' would still have Jeep. It would just be owned by a Chinese entity. Although if you are fine with Italian ownership, presumably you'd be fine with Chinese ownership?

Geely has done a great job with Volvo, so there's no reason to expect that Chinese ownership of brand would have gone badly. Glad we don't get to find out, though.
I'm fine with Fiat. I'm not sure where you're getting at by bringing up China.

Sponsored

BradyAntebellum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLUR- Black
Am I the only one who noticed that it only took Jeep one year to abandon the message from it's all-time great Super Bowl ad from 2018, which was basically "quit making grandiose statements about what your company represents, and just show us your product can do"? And what does Jeep do this year? They make an ad which makes a grandiose statement about what the company represents, and includes approximately 2 seconds (out of 2 minutes) that feature what the product can do.
:facepalm:...I get what you're saying but considering Jeep is a for-profit company and we are a capitalist nation/society, appealing to the masses through its marketing is brilliant and contributes to that ultimate corporate goal you know making money

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
:facepalm:...I get what you're saying but considering Jeep is a for-profit company and we are a capitalist nation/society, appealing to the masses through its marketing is brilliant and contributes to that ultimate corporate goal you know making money
We can't have that, Comrade!

2sidvw.jpg

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

ajasper6579

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 4-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Advertising
It is a great ad. It absolutely departs from their manifesto ad from 2018 but that's OK, companies change directions every year. Also, I am sure that FCA would say "this isn't a manifesto, patriotism is as central to our brand as climbing up a waterfall is." I will say that I am sort of bothered by two parts of the ad, the pillow fight scene...I am pretty sure I have seen it before, it looks like stock footage; and the scene where the doughboy salutes himself in the mirror...I am not a vet. I certainly appreciate the sacrifice of every vet, but I feel I need to caveat this. I assume I will be corrected, but has any vet on this forum ever saluted themselves, alone, in a mirror? If so, I will humbly stand corrected on my second point.

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
It is a great ad. It absolutely departs from their manifesto ad from 2018 but that's OK, companies change directions every year. Also, I am sure that FCA would say "this isn't a manifesto, patriotism is as central to our brand as climbing up a waterfall is." I will say that I am sort of bothered by two parts of the ad, the pillow fight scene...I am pretty sure I have seen it before, it looks like stock footage; and the scene where the doughboy salutes himself in the mirror...I am not a vet. I certainly appreciate the sacrifice of every vet, but I feel I need to caveat this. I assume I will be corrected, but has any vet on this forum ever saluted themselves, alone, in a mirror? If so, I will humbly stand corrected on my second point.
Actually YES! You have to practice doing it properly.

ajasper6579

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Advertising
Actually YES! You have to practice doing it properly.
Interesting, have you done it since you have been out of the service? If so...I stand corrected.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Interesting, have you done it since you have been out of the service? If so...I stand corrected.
Lol well yes! But not alone. When my son joined the Navy, we stood in front of the mirror so he had the proper technique. There is actually an art in the salute, not just throwing your hand up to your face.

ajasper6579

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Advertising
Lol well yes! But not alone. When my son joined the Navy, we stood in front of the mirror so he had the proper technique. There is actually an art in the salute, not just throwing your hand up to your face.
Absolutely...I totally get it...also, how much more powerful of an image would that have been in that commercial, a father in teaching his son, about to ship off, how to salute...I am actually getting chills just typing it out.

Either way, I stand corrected...but the pillow fight is stock, I am 99% sure of it.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Absolutely...I totally get it...also, how much more powerful of an image would that have been in that commercial, a father in teaching his son, about to ship off, how to salute...I am actually getting chills just typing it out.

Either way, I stand corrected...but the pillow fight is stock, I am 99% sure of it.
Totally agree with you! That would be powerful indeed. But in my case, a mother teaching her son. Lol but I won't hold it against you! Whenever my husband and I go somewhere, he is always thanked for his service. I have Iraqi plates so people recognize it. You should see their faces when I say "thank you". Or when he says he wasn't in the service but I was. All good tho. I'd do it again! :flag:
Sponsored