Sponsored

Jeep stuck in inspection jail

NOVAJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WK2 Trailhawk and ordered 2018 JLUR
So I ordered on 3/10 and went to build a few weeks later. I got my build sheet and a note I was in inspection on April 12th. I’ve been stuck in inspection since. I’m now worried something is terribly wrong with my Jeep. I haven’t been able to get any answers from my dealer or the hotline.

Has anyone else been in this position? At what point should I walk away and ask for a new build?
Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
So I ordered on 3/10 and went to build a few weeks later. I got my build sheet and a note I was in inspection on April 12th. I’ve been stuck in inspection since. I’m now worried something is terribly wrong with my Jeep. I haven’t been able to get any answers from my dealer or the hotline.

Has anyone else been in this position? At what point should I walk away and ask for a new build?
If they fix the problem, does it matter? 99% of all new vehicles are bought off the lot... you have no idea how long they were in inspection. I think you are just worrying because you know. That’s the problem with tracking. You want to know what’s going on, but your mind puts scary thoughts in there with the little information you’re given.:)

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06

"I" status means that a quality issue was found that needs to be repaired. It can be as simple as a sheared bolt. The problem is that there are as many as 2500 vehicles in "I" status at any one time, which can take weeks to clear. The manager of the repair process had been accessible on Reddit for the past couple of months and was explaining issues for individual vehicles upon request. Unfortunately, his comment thread has been overwhelmed since more people found out about it and he's been AWOL for the past few days. You can check it out here:

OP
OP
NOVAJL

NOVAJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"I" status means that a quality issue was found that needs to be repaired. It can be as simple as a sheared bolt. The problem is that there are as many as 2500 vehicles in "I" status at any one time, which can take weeks to clear. The manager of the repair process had been accessible on Reddit for the past couple of months and was explaining issues for individual vehicles upon request. Unfortunately, his comment thread has been overwhelmed since more people found out about it and he's been AWOL for the past few days. You can check it out here:

Thanks for the link. I will check it out.

uudog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I was stuck in "I" for three weeks before they failed my order and started all over. I was told that my re-build was supposed to be expedited. Well now, I have been stuck in D1 since 4/16. The three week mark is supposed to be the cutoff before they actually do anything to investigate or take action.

I suggest you have your dealer reach out to his/her Jeep rep to get answers or start the re-build. From my observations with other members, most passed "I" between 1-3 days.

Good luck!

Sponsored

OP
OP
NOVAJL

NOVAJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was stuck in "I" for three weeks before they failed my order and started all over. I was told that my re-build was supposed to be expedited. Well now, I have been stuck in D1 since 4/16. The three week mark is supposed to be the cutoff before they actually do anything to investigate or take action.

I suggest you have your dealer reach out to his/her Jeep rep to get answers or start the re-build. From my observations with other members, most passed "I" between 1-3 days.

Good luck!
My dealers regional rep said I failed inspection and they are going to "expedite" my rebuild. Looks like you and I are in the same boat.

uudog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
My dealers regional rep said I failed inspection and they are going to "expedite" my rebuild. Looks like you and I are in the same boat.

Good luck, it should only take 2-4 weeks from what I've seen from others. But not mine... I've been stuck in D1 for 3 weeks now on this re-build.

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2016 Chrysler 200
Good luck, it should only take 2-4 weeks from what I've seen from others. But not mine... I've been stuck in D1 for 3 weeks now on this re-build.
Mine has been stuck in inspection since 4/17 ordered 3/17 JLUR granite. The suspense is killing me.

AMesick1

First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4, Ford F150, 2018 JLSahara
I am stuck in Inspection but I have only been there for 2 weeks so they told me to call back next week, said a case could be opened after 30-45 days, but I have seen others say after 3 weeks they had an answer.

tk1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S, 2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad.
I have been following this forum for awhile now and think it is fantastic. I have a 2 door Sport S that has been setting in ‘I’ for a week while watching other builds after mine fly through in a day or so. Both chat and phone calls say nothing failed in the inspection; it is just sitting there apparently. I can’t imagine how people waiting months for their Wrangler have kept their sanity!
Sponsored