Sponsored

Jeep stolen by theft ring in Toronto

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Forgot to mention, yes I also purchased “The Club” to go on the steering wheel. I feel that covering the VIN alone will stop them in their tracks. If they do not have the VIN, they cannot get the FOB information and unlock the vehicle, or start the vehicle. They had quite a bit of hardware with them.

This is actually a great idea, today's thieves don't use the smash and grab method, so a low tech device is actually a good deterrent. Takes to much time and noise, etc.
Sponsored

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
What do ya'll think of keyed hood latches vs hood bolt? I don't have a cut key right now. Are locking latches decent?
I would assume as long as they are metal of some type, it would be fairly secure. Reviews online all pretty much say something along the lines of "better than nothing..."

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The hood lock is a great idea, and I always put one on my Jeep. Moving the horn might also be... not a terrible idea heheh. Hmm...

I'm interested in the alarm system ideas. Someone said the tazer adds the ability to make the alarm go off if the hood is opened? I like that! Maybe time to get a tazer hehe.

On covering up the VIN: Yea it might be etched in the frame and stuff, but do the thieves know that? Maybe not finding it will be a small deterrent.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The hood lock is a great idea, and I always put one on my Jeep. Moving the horn might also be... not a terrible idea heheh. Hmm...

I'm interested in the alarm system ideas. Someone said the tazer adds the ability to make the alarm go off if the hood is opened? I like that! Maybe time to get a tazer hehe.

On covering up the VIN: Yea it might be etched in the frame and stuff, but do the thieves know that? Maybe not finding it will be a small deterrent.
If you want to save $250 Jscan supposedly has it. You need the Jscan app (ios android, I think it was $30-40) a bluetooth obd2 scanner and cables to bypass the obd2 security. I say supposedly because it's written in its features but I haven't walked downstairs to verify that its there, not that I have any reason to not believe it.

http://jscan.net/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XGB4873/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/TTXSPP-Adapt...dc-b735-871016d58188&pd_rd_i=B08ZL4LRVK&psc=1

I lost my Tazer and I greatly prefer Jscan because its an IOS app vs having to carry a printed sheet of how the hell to use my steering wheel controls for Tazer every time. I had the same style programmer on my BMW and I still can't remember how to use it when I need it. The IOS app you just click buttons and you get much better feedback.

Also this might sound like a lot but the Tazerhas the bypass and plugin as well you're going down there either way.

Don't ask how I'd lose a tazer.. I have no f'in idea, it disappeared when I had a dealer date.

Sponsored

JLR_AEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon AEV Outfitted

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

OSCAR II

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKF
I know my JLR did not have an option for this when I ordered in April, or I would have done it easy.

There are 2 kinds for aftermarket, 1 has its own piddly key, the other you can set the lock up for your factory key.
Maybe not a factory option but factory available.

20220714_165345.jpg
20220714_165419.jpg

Yes a JK but I believe they are available for the JL too. I knew about it and ordered it the day I picked up my jeep. It was there when I went back to get my tags. It also came with a dummy key (no fob), I like that as it will open the doors.

Zoopy123

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
Occupation
Media Services
If you want to save $250 Jscan supposedly has it. You need the Jscan app (ios android, I think it was $30-40) a bluetooth obd2 scanner and cables to bypass the obd2 security. I say supposedly because it's written in its features but I haven't walked downstairs to verify that its there, not that I have any reason to not believe it.

http://jscan.net/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XGB4873/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/TTXSPP-Adapt...dc-b735-871016d58188&pd_rd_i=B08ZL4LRVK&psc=1

I lost my Tazer and I greatly prefer Jscan because its an IOS app vs having to carry a printed sheet of how the hell to use my steering wheel controls for Tazer every time. I had the same style programmer on my BMW and I still can't remember how to use it when I need it. The IOS app you just click buttons and you get much better feedback.

Also this might sound like a lot but the Tazerhas the bypass and plugin as well you're going down there either way.

Don't ask how I'd lose a tazer.. I have no f'in idea, it disappeared when I had a dealer date.
If a dealer finds the tazer or remnants of having used a tazer, is your warranty immediately void?

Sponsored

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If a dealer finds the tazer or remnants of having used a tazer, is your warranty immediately void?
No not at all, look up the magnusson act. If it fried your computer or they could somehow relate it back to the programmer, yeah. Will that happen? Never heard of it.

I've been to dealers twice with it, not that that's much.

OSCAR II

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKF
This is actually a great idea, today's thieves don't use the smash and grab method, so a low tech device is actually a good deterrent. Takes to much time and noise, etc.
And a pair of these will cut through the steering wheel like butter. Bend the wheel, slide the club off and you are on your way. Usually find the club in the empty parking spot where your car was.

20220714_175456.jpg

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
My 2022 Sahara does not have a Vin on the drivers side of the dash like vehicles of the past...