Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
In my kitchen talking to the wife about the day and I hear my horn beep a couple times on my Wrangler then the ignition starts. I kid you not!! I immedialtely reach for my pocket thinking I may have accidentally pushed something. NOPE< key fob isnt even on me, its on my desk in another room in the house. Weirdest thing ever! I cannot figure it out. No one else was around my carport and the doors were locked. Anyone ever have this happen?
thank GOD, it was not parked in a garage.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
From time to time I have my Android phone in my top pocket. I am talking to my wife and then the phone vibrates! Google thinks I asked Google a question and it tries to answer!

My wife and I both have the same model phone. As my wife got in my Jeep, I asked Google maps for directions. My phone remained silent and my wife's phone answered!

Sponsored

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
All kidding aside, I think this is a serious issue. Both in terms of the vehicle being started without authorization, and that it could pose serious health dangers if it started in an enclosed area.

OP, were you able to find out from SiriusXM Guardian (UConnect) to see if a remote start event occurred, and if so, who authorized it? Maybe have dealer see if they can pull anything from vehicle logs.

OP
OP
lsutiger71

lsutiger71

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon
All kidding aside, I think this is a serious issue. Both in terms of the vehicle being started without authorization, and that it could pose serious health dangers if it started in an enclosed area.

OP, were you able to find out from SiriusXM Guardian (UConnect) to see if a remote start event occurred, and if so, who authorized it? Maybe have dealer see if they can pull anything from vehicle logs.
hadnt installed uconnect app yet. doing that today to see if that can give me answers

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
In my kitchen talking to the wife about the day and I hear my horn beep a couple times on my Wrangler then the ignition starts. I kid you not!! I immedialtely reach for my pocket thinking I may have accidentally pushed something. NOPE< key fob isnt even on me, its on my desk in another room in the house. Weirdest thing ever! I cannot figure it out. No one else was around my carport and the doors were locked. Anyone ever have this happen?
Do you have the SGW disconnected?

Sponsored

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
I’ve never seen it with remote start but I have with garage door openers, maybe a neighbor is on the same frequency. Worse case is a car thief with frequency trapping/relay technology.

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I would contact Sirius with your vin and ask them if any remote starts were sent. IF you are worried about theft in your area you can get an RF blocking bag and keep your fobs in there when in the house. The relaying of fob signals is a real thing. Is your office close to the jeep?

These work for blocking RF AmazonSmile: NEW 2-PACK - Mission Darkness Faraday Bag for Keyfobs - RF Shielding Protective Case for Smart "Always On" Keys Fobs Transmitters Small Electronics Vehicle Security Anti-hacking Block Signal Relay : Automotive

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
Would you rather have a Jeep start when you don't need it to, or need a Jeep to start and it doesn't? :p

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
What engine & transmission do you have? When we’re you last in it? Any chance you have ESS & manual and when you got home you stopped in neutral, foot comes off the clutch, ESS kicks on, you pull the emergency brake, gather your stuff get out, go in the house & then ESS times out & Jeep comes back on? Seems like that could happen.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
What are the odds that someone else has the exact same frequency/codes for their FOB with remote start in your area?

2 Scenarios that happened to me & my family.

1. I was at a dealership in Knoxville, TN getting a quick service on my truck. I went outside to find it and pressed the lock button twice and heard a horn honk... I went over to the vehicle and it was not mine, I pressed the remote unlock button and the truck unlocked. (This has been at least 10 years ago mind you). I have no idea how this happened, but it did, and I verified it by doing it multiple times. Even the salesman wasn't sure how that was possible. I've had way too many vehicles, so I can't recall the year/make/model at the time but I think it was a Ford Truck.

2. My brother had a 1993 Honda Accord (I think that is the right year model), he came out of the store, put his key in the lock and unlocked it... He opened the door, sat down in the car, then realized it was not his car. It was the same make, model, color, etc., and the key worked, but it was definitely not his car...
Sponsored