First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Wait... do you even own a JL Wrangler?

Any vehicle can be modified to be as badass as someone who has both time and money wants it to be.

See below
1602941875492.jpeg

Jim Rogers SLK
1602942485765.jpeg

Mazda Miata
ogi-img-8953.jpg

img-8372.jpg

The internet is filled with so many more examples. Forget bias, open the mind and realize that anything is possible with time and money... like this:

ford-bronco-2021-01-exterior--profile--yellow.jpg

For which you’ll need this
1602943155126.jpeg
Great point and very cool and interesting vehicles! Now excuse me, so I can rinse the coffee creamer out of my nose after reading that last part. :CWL:

You're awesome! :clap:
Sponsored

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
the above is patently false, but perhaps you were being overly dramatic on purpose.
I think you are being overly generous on purpose... ;)

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have met dickheads of all ages. Millennials don’t have a lock on it.
Think I am an early adopter millennial. 1984 I was born. Hate being in this “group”. Sitting on consulting panels for recruiting, it’s a tough process for the later Generation Millennials to even have a face to face interview. Really awkward and they simply cannot carry on any sort of normal conversation on average.

Via Skype or Teams on the computer, a little better. Turning off cameras for digital interviews, night and day difference.

Pretty soon we’ll all be resorting to interviews via text message and email. Otherwise I am afraid no one will apply for jobs out of fear to connect with another human being.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Think I am an early adopter millennial. 1984 I was born. Hate being in this “group”. Sitting on consulting panels for recruiting, it’s a tough process for the later Generation Millennials to even have a face to face interview. Really awkward and they simply cannot carry on any sort of normal conversation on average.

Via Skype or Teams on the computer, a little better. Turning off cameras for digital interviews, night and day difference.

Pretty soon we’ll all be resorting to interviews via text message and email. Otherwise I am afraid no one will apply for jobs out of fear to connect with another human being.
If it is any consolation: I have close to 30 years of experience in my profession; I have built a very successful career. However, after spending —too much— time online, reading/writing relatively short posts on social media, and watching 5 minute videos, I find my ability for mental concentration to be greatly diminished.

I’ve always been an avid reader; I tried to read a book several times in the last year and I just can’t seem to get engaged enough to read it to the end. Heck, my tolerance for sitting through a video that is more than 15 minutes long is gone!

Technology, our mobile devices, social media and most of what we do these days has us hooked on short stimulus bursts; sort of min-rewards all day long, one after another.

I do worry about young people who grew up in a time when they don’t know any other way.

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Ironically all the hate I have seen or encountered has been on this forum, not so much about what model you have but the components you have installed. Out in the wild folks have been great..

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I thought I read somewhere that the ratio of Sports vs Sahara vs Rubicon is something like 4 : 2 : 1
Which sounds about right, it only feels that Rubicon was selling better because Rubicon owners are usually the loudest.
yea and it may be that higher percentage of Rubicon owners have white collar jobs with more time spent in front of computers , here in Toronto it seems to me I see more new Saharas and Rubicons than Sports and almost all of them 4dr

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
See this is precisely what I am talking about.

As soon as you see the word “Sahara,” you start to use words like “newbs”, “dumb”, “compromise” and “girly.” Then you move on “Sport” and start spewing stuff like “cheap” and “shytze”. The richest part, IMO, is when accuse anyone who uses a 2.72:1 transfer case of being a poser who might as well be driving a Kia.

Then, when you talk about “Rubicon”, you start pounding your chest like a mating chimpanzee.

Finally, you go on to insult this community by calling everyone “annoying first-timer” Jeepers who “can’t wrench.” The disconnect in that logic is that precisely Rubicon requires the least amount of “wrenching” right out of the box.

So much for the supposedly Jeep camaraderie. The one consolation is that it took almost 200 posts for all of this to spew out. So there’s still hope.
I love watching sahara owners heads explode when they read that... hahahaha

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I love watching sahara owners heads explode when they read that... hahahaha
No explosion happening.

Just sad when one gets to witness a forum member who believes that being a troll = funny, that is all.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
No, I have (my intake is under the dash where I can physically see how close the water is to it)...I just realize that a "snorkle" alone doesn't make one waterproof and most tool bags that run them haven't sealed any of their electrical system so shit goes south when they go deep anyway.

But you go on with your bad self, snorkle boy. :CWL: :like:
The poor fellow is clearly unable to see your sig and avatar.

He must be typing from a Motorola flip phone with a broken screen... :LOL:

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I totally agree with you, and I find myself guilty of making fun of Sahara owners. But also a few rubi owners.

I live in LA and this place is infested with mall crawlers. I moved from VT to CA a few years ago and was surprised at the amount of people driving new cars, people here spend so much on image. They might live in a shithole and own a recon.
I owned a Sahara and bought a Rubicon because I wanted one. Image? Nah. At work the cool offroad people have Raptors and TRD Pros (turd pros? lol) and a few older SUVs. It drives like a dump truck but I enjoy that in our crappy traffic and I love the way it looks. Before I started working from home I drove like 50 miles a week lol, so I wasn't concerned about gas expenses or anything. If I hadn't purchased the Jeep, I probably would have purchased a Porsche or a Charger SRT8 or something.

Not saying I wouldn't mind taking it on a roadtrip to some place really cool, if I had time!

Hey what's with the extremely judgemental crowd anyway? When I see another Jeep I'm thinking "that person has good taste!" or "wow that's a cool jeep!" not "I wonder when the last time is they took that off road. HRMPh. NOT WORTHY!"

Anyway, if we're going to get all judgemental and decide who deserves to own a Jeep, it's the people who buy a base model Sport with no AC and then modify the shit out of it. Even better if they custom fabricated the parts from their own welding rig lol.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Dick swinging happens in any community of interest/practice. For instance, I've been active for a long time on a bass guitar forum. Invariably there are those that routinely rant about expensive instruments - "waste of money", "poser", etc. Others will look down on those with cheap or "beginner" instruments. Some decry certain styles or techniques - "real players don't use picks", etc.

I have a pretty much stock Sport. In my neighborhood there are two JK owners with fairly modified rigs who regularly off-road. Zero attitude from either of them towards me or my Sport.

In any case, any population of people will have some who are cool and some who are dicks. Some are welcoming, some are exclusionary. Same as it ever was...
You mean you dont feel totally driven to find a vintage P in sunburst with a tort guard and flats?? What a poser!! :like:

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
You mean you dont feel totally driven to find a vintage P in sunburst with a tort guard and flats?? What a poser!! :like:
Only if it has clay dots and orange drop cap...

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
...and your position on ABGs?
like you need to ask...what part of "firewood" don't you understand? :LOL:

Now if you'll excuse me I'm late for hernia surgery. But you'll have to pry my SVT from my cold dead hands...

(full disclosure - been gigging class D heads for about a decade :lipssealed:)
Sponsored