Jeep snobbery - RANT

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
So ill bite, its a combination of factors.
Wait... do you even own a JL Wrangler?
See this is precisely what I am talking about.
Any vehicle can be modified to be as badass as someone who has both time and money wants it to be.

See below
1602941875492.jpeg

Jim Rogers SLK
1602942485765.jpeg

Mazda Miata
ogi-img-8953.jpg

img-8372.jpg

The internet is filled with so many more examples. Forget bias, open the mind and realize that anything is possible with time and money... like this:

ford-bronco-2021-01-exterior--profile--yellow.jpg

For which you’ll need this
1602943155126.jpeg

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Come on kids, lets all play nice. In the real world 90 plus % of Driving, whether a jacked up monster tired Rubi, a Sahara, or a “lowly” Sport is done on paved roads! Some of us will occasionally go on fire roads, a few will hit the mud trails, and a fewer still will do the heavy rock crawling thing..Even the extreme folks will log more miles on pavement than off (exceptions are the dedicated off road jobs that aren’t street legal, but few of those are current Models cause. Most of us cant/wont drop the $$$ on a new vehicle just to try and destroy it. Can’t we all just enjoy our Jeeps the way we want without putting down everyone who’s idea of a good time is different than our wn?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Wait... do you even own a JL Wrangler?

Any vehicle can be modified to be as badass as someone who has both time and money wants it to be.

See below
1602941875492.jpeg

Jim Rogers SLK
1602942485765.jpeg

Mazda Miata
ogi-img-8953.jpg

img-8372.jpg

The internet is filled with so many more examples. Forget bias, open the mind and realize that anything is possible with time and money... like this:

ford-bronco-2021-01-exterior--profile--yellow.jpg

For which you’ll need this
1602943155126.jpeg
Great point and very cool and interesting vehicles! Now excuse me, so I can rinse the coffee creamer out of my nose after reading that last part. :CWL:

You're awesome! :clap:

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
So ill bite, its a combination of factors
1) saharas are a compromise trim level because your riding around in a vehicle thats designed to go off road but basically lacks the ability to mod for any serious duty use....
One can "modify" an '88 Yugo to run the hardest trails in the country. Budget and/or fabrication skill are the only limits to modding something. A Sahara can be modded far more easily than most non-Jeep marques. I agree it's not the ideal starting platform but the above is patently false, but perhaps you were being overly dramatic on purpose.

***EDIT*** sorry for being repetitive. Notorious covered it perfectly.***

OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
the above is patently false, but perhaps you were being overly dramatic on purpose.
I think you are being overly generous on purpose... ;)

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid

As soon as you see the word “Sahara,” you start to use words like “newbs”, “dumb”, “compromise” and “girly.” Then you move on “Sport” and start spewing stuff like “cheap” and “shytze”. The richest part, IMO, is when accuse anyone who uses a 2.72:1 transfer case of being a poser who might as well be driving a Kia.

Then, when you talk about “Rubicon”, you start pounding your chest like a mating chimpanzee.

Finally, you go on to insult this community by calling everyone “annoying first-timer” Jeepers who “can’t wrench.” The disconnect in that logic is that precisely Rubicon requires the least amount of “wrenching” right out of the box.

So much for the supposedly Jeep camaraderie. The one consolation is that it took almost 200 posts for all of this to spew out. So there’s still hope.
You're wrong, mister! :) The moment he said "snorkle" is when he jumped the shark, lol. :CWL:

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have met dickheads of all ages. Millennials don’t have a lock on it.
Think I am an early adopter millennial. 1984 I was born. Hate being in this “group”. Sitting on consulting panels for recruiting, it’s a tough process for the later Generation Millennials to even have a face to face interview. Really awkward and they simply cannot carry on any sort of normal conversation on average.

Via Skype or Teams on the computer, a little better. Turning off cameras for digital interviews, night and day difference.

Pretty soon we’ll all be resorting to interviews via text message and email. Otherwise I am afraid no one will apply for jobs out of fear to connect with another human being.

OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Think I am an early adopter millennial. 1984 I was born. Hate being in this “group”. Sitting on consulting panels for recruiting, it’s a tough process for the later Generation Millennials to even have a face to face interview. Really awkward and they simply cannot carry on any sort of normal conversation on average.

Via Skype or Teams on the computer, a little better. Turning off cameras for digital interviews, night and day difference.

Pretty soon we’ll all be resorting to interviews via text message and email. Otherwise I am afraid no one will apply for jobs out of fear to connect with another human being.
If it is any consolation: I have close to 30 years of experience in my profession; I have built a very successful career. However, after spending —too much— time online, reading/writing relatively short posts on social media, and watching 5 minute videos, I find my ability for mental concentration to be greatly diminished.

I’ve always been an avid reader; I tried to read a book several times in the last year and I just can’t seem to get engaged enough to read it to the end. Heck, my tolerance for sitting through a video that is more than 15 minutes long is gone!

Technology, our mobile devices, social media and most of what we do these days has us hooked on short stimulus bursts; sort of min-rewards all day long, one after another.

I do worry about young people who grew up in a time when they don’t know any other way.

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Ironically all the hate I have seen or encountered has been on this forum, not so much about what model you have but the components you have installed. Out in the wild folks have been great..

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I thought I read somewhere that the ratio of Sports vs Sahara vs Rubicon is something like 4 : 2 : 1
Which sounds about right, it only feels that Rubicon was selling better because Rubicon owners are usually the loudest.
yea and it may be that higher percentage of Rubicon owners have white collar jobs with more time spent in front of computers , here in Toronto it seems to me I see more new Saharas and Rubicons than Sports and almost all of them 4dr

Revolution_322

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White

As soon as you see the word “Sahara,” you start to use words like “newbs”, “dumb”, “compromise” and “girly.” Then you move on “Sport” and start spewing stuff like “cheap” and “shytze”. The richest part, IMO, is when accuse anyone who uses a 2.72:1 transfer case of being a poser who might as well be driving a Kia.

Then, when you talk about “Rubicon”, you start pounding your chest like a mating chimpanzee.

Finally, you go on to insult this community by calling everyone “annoying first-timer” Jeepers who “can’t wrench.” The disconnect in that logic is that precisely Rubicon requires the least amount of “wrenching” right out of the box.

So much for the supposedly Jeep camaraderie. The one consolation is that it took almost 200 posts for all of this to spew out. So there’s still hope.
I love watching sahara owners heads explode when they read that... hahahaha

OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I love watching sahara owners heads explode when they read that... hahahaha
No explosion happening.

Just sad when one gets to witness a forum member who believes that being a troll = funny, that is all.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You’ve obviously never wheeled hard enough or had to cross water and hydro locked an engine before.
No, I have (my intake is under the dash where I can physically see how close the water is to it)...I just realize that a "snorkle" alone doesn't make one waterproof and most tool bags that run them haven't sealed any of their electrical system so shit goes south when they go deep anyway.

But you go on with your bad self, snorkle boy. :CWL: :like:

Advertisement

Jim Marsh Chrysler Jeep

Advertisement