Jeep Sneaking in new charges

rosie

First Name
Rose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Willys 2-Door
Honestly, the whole website is screwy. I paid (according to my window sticker) $395 for convenience, which only includes the garage door opener, and $995 for cold weather, which had the heated seats/steering wheel and remote start. On the website... that's where it gets even more fun; it looks like they've added a price jump for both packages now.

Prior to adding an auto:
IMG_4383.jpg
IMG_4384.jpg

After adding auto:
IMG_4386.jpg
IMG_4387.jpg

And, my window sticker:
IMG_4385.jpg
Sponsored

rosie

First Name
Rose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Willys 2-Door
$400 for a garage door remote?! WTH.
Exactly! Like, I’ve been going over this in my head and I just don’t get it. Why does adding an automatic transmission add $500 to the packages? Why does a garage door opener cost $400?? I’d have rather said nah to the garage door opener and gotten something else!

ScubaSigGuy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JlUR, 2018 Raptor, 2018 GT350R, 2015 BMW 1200GS Adventure
I ordered a 2020 on Monday. When I got the VIN today they have upped the price of the LED package and are now charging for paint.

$195 for paint and $1,045 for the LED Lighting group.

Way to nickle and dime Fiat....

The same thing happened to me this week. $195 for billet silver, and the 8 spd auto is now $2750, even though the website wasn't updated the last time I checked. I didn't notice the LED light group, but I just checked and you are correct. I think that most of their packages are way overpriced, especially the LED group. The 2020 order guide listed LED headlamps as standard on the Rubicon, but apparently they backed off of that. I still can't get over the $1495 destination charge as well.

Boiler1986

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The same thing happened to me this week. $195 for billet silver, and the 8 spd auto is now $2750, even though the website wasn't updated the last time I checked. I didn't notice the LED light group, but I just checked and you are correct. I think that most of their packages are way overpriced, especially the LED group. The 2020 order guide listed LED headlamps as standard on the Rubicon, but apparently they backed off of that. I still can't get over the $1495 destination charge as well.
Plus the upgraded infotainment and Alpine system is now $1509 instead of $1420. All told the cost of just the basic V6 auto with updated infotainment system, LED lighting, and a paint job went up over $500. I was going to order last week but something came up. I'm not too happy about it.

Sponsored

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
Remember those pay raises the Union workers are after have to be made up some how, and the consumer is the one that makes it up.

TheDirtyDangla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6 E-Torque
I ordered a 2020 on Monday. When I got the VIN today they have upped the price of the LED package and are now charging for paint.

When I ordered my 2018 back in June of last year prices increased on everything in July a few hundred. Thankfully once you order that price is locked

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

No, with the 4 cyl it comes in $1000 less.
if they have the same transmission why is it less on the 4 cylinder? am i missing something?

with all these price increases looks like i wont be jumping into a rubi in a couple years like i was considering. guess ill just keep my Sport and continue to modify it. thankfully its been problem free (knocks on wood/head).

geolchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2023 JLUR on order
Exactly! Like, I’ve been going over this in my head and I just don’t get it. Why does adding an automatic transmission add $500 to the packages? Why does a garage door opener cost $400?? I’d have rather said nah to the garage door opener and gotten something else!

So adding the Auto trans adds in the remote engine start. It’s N/A with the manual, so it removes it from the packages and charges you less.

Still, $395 for a garage door opener is stupid - I saw that it was added to my build (I didn’t want it), and my sales guy told me it was coming up as a “mandatory option” and he couldn’t remove it, and he didn’t know why. Weird.

Sponsored

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
$400 for a garage door remote?! WTH.
It was for free on my 2020 Rubicon, listed as standard equipment on the window sticker and I never ordered the remote from the factory

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
It was for free on my 2020 Rubicon, listed as standard equipment on the window sticker and I never ordered the remote from the factory
Word. I think it’s on the sport where in some cases the convenience group gives you nothing but the garage door remote

J-Gator

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara with Power Top
Yup increased pricing. I ordered today. Glad prices went up :/. Actually with them pushing the 4 cylinder it seems a similar build is cheaper now than a 2019.

Screenshot_20191007-164809.png

Btsnyder11

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
I didn't get those charges.

Taylor Snyder Sahara build and quote.jpg
Sponsored