Sponsored

JEEP SMOKES BRONCO! Bye 👋 Bye!

Rcarpen22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘67 CJ5, ‘20 JLU
I want to see a head to head between the Bronco 2.3, and Wrangler 2.0. If the 3.6 can spank the 2.3, then the 2.0t is going to destroy it. Assuming the 2.0t is faster than the 3.6, which based on the numbers, I think is possible.
I have a 2.0 Wrangler (Willys JLU) and a 2.3 Bronco (Badlands manual) and can confirm the Jeep is much quicker.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Eh… my Bronco build (4 door base, Sasquatch, aux switches, V6) MSRP’s at $43k. It’s pretty tough to get a rubicon 4 door that low, and considering the price of the Xtreme Recon package it’s a pretty darn good deal.

Only problem is the base is basically like a Sport S and you can’t option anything extra for options really, but for $6k savings over going the next trim up I’ll deal with the shortcomings.

Just out of curiousity here’s my build as a Rubicon. The Xtreme Recon would add another $4k to that, but considering that jeeps can be found cheaper than Broncos right now I’m probably saving $3kish realistically over a *somewhat* comparable wrangler.
CB4BE043-AE21-4260-84A2-12F5C8953546.jpeg
Yes the base Bronco with Sasquatch is a better value than the rubicon. Any other config is more comparable.
But that is a good deal.

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Yes the base Bronco with Sasquatch is a better value than the rubicon. Any other config is more comparable.
But that is a good deal.
The base lacks most of the armor though. I think it has some gas tank protection but that’s it. So you have to include adding that extra protection into the equation. But then the Bronco comes with other things the Rubicon lacks so… It’s not a perfect comparison. I think the base + squatch is a great deal though. Get a 2 door and next year you can hopefully get a manual on that combo too.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
Having a Lincoln with the 2.7 eco in a 5600lb SUV, something is wrong with 2.7 in the Bronco. The Mrs. MKX walks the JL with easily every time. No contest, at any speed. Did Ford put a limited power in the ecu till so many miles? Or did the Bronco get 3.7 gears instead of 4.7 gears....
Strange out come from my 2 SUV's.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Having a Lincoln with the 2.7 eco in a 5600lb SUV, something is wrong with 2.7 in the Bronco. The Mrs. MKX walks the JL with easily every time. No contest, at any speed. Did Ford put a limited power in the ecu till so many miles? Or did the Bronco get 3.7 gears instead of 4.7 gears....
Strange out come from my 2 SUV's.
Well your wife's car weighs 1,000lbs less...

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
I put both mine on scales. Out west they are on the side of the road. MKX AWD 2.7 is over 5,500, at least mine is.... That's the 2 I run against each other.

Jeep Wrangler JL JEEP SMOKES BRONCO! Bye 👋 Bye! Scale

Sponsored

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
I don't know what is dumber?

Drag races between a Jeep and a Bronco or me for wasting 5 mins of my life watching that ???:facepalm:

Or did some of you buy a Jeep for its epic drag race capabilities???

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
I don't know what is dumber?

Drag races between a Jeep and a Bronco or me for wasting 5 mins of my life watching that ???:facepalm:

Or did some of you buy a Jeep for its epic drag race capabilities???
0-60 times are metrics of performance. When two similar vehicles come out why not compare everything about them?

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
I’m wondering if the Bronco is pulling boost or timing to get a slow roll from stopped. It may be a strategy to easily modulate throttle at tip in which is a plus when crawling with a torquey motor.
Everyone I’ve read says at speed, when you mat the throttle, it picks up acceleration pretty well. IDK.

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
0-60 times are metrics of performance. When two similar vehicles come out why not compare everything about them?

sure, but why not compare them for what they were made for....off road capability not drag racing

what's next? the new Ferrari vs the latest McLaren on the Rubicon trail? :bandit:
Sponsored