Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The 2nd pull was the most interesting. The Bronco was given the advantage of building boost and loading the torque convertor before launch. The Jeep just stayed at idle. Still, after being gapped at the light, the Jeep still drove around the bronco and won by a car length.
Jeep Wrangler JL JEEP SMOKES BRONCO! Bye đź‘‹ Bye! giphy (6)

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
What's funny is despite all of the Bronco threads and news recently, the Bronco guys who commented almost daily have quieted down significantly.. The same ones who called us "fanboys" for saying to wait for the vehicle to enter the real world to judge :LOL:

Sponsored

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
It's pretty clear that the standard engines are going to shake out like this:

Bronco 2.7 = slightly the fastest
Jeep 3.6 = slightly slower than the Bronco 2.7
Jeep 2.0 = slightly slower than the Jeep 3.6
Bronco 2.3 = slightly slower than any of them

Not rocket science. Not controversial. And not particularly important for off-road vehicles. I'd be surprised if there's more than 1.3 seconds difference in the quarter mile from best to worst.

Sponsored

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
It's pretty clear that the standard engines are going to shake out like this:

Bronco 2.7 = slightly the fastest
Jeep 3.6 = slightly slower than the Bronco 2.7
Jeep 2.0 = slightly slower than the Jeep 3.6
Bronco 2.3 = slightly slower than any of them

Not rocket science. Not controversial. And not particularly important for off-road vehicles. I'd be surprised if there's more than 1.3 seconds difference in the quarter mile from best to worst.
Not quite...

Wrangler 392
Wrangler 4xe (with full charge)
Bronco 2.7
Wrangler 2.0
Wrangler 3.6
Bronco 2.3

Kind of silly to be drag racing these, they are all quick enough for regular driving and not one of them is actually "fast" but I bet the 392 sounds great trying.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I’m more interested in the 2.7 Bronco vs the 3.6 and 2.3 vs 2.0 since they are the more comparable models.
Ut oh, you are making too much rational sense.

BRONCO BAD, WRANGLER GOOD, OOGA BOOGA.

Eh, not really. Until the Bronco gets a V8, Diesel or Electric the only two engines that are directly comparable together are the 2.0 and 2.3.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I saw the video of the 4xe against the Bronco. Fun to watch, but not really something I personally care about in this kind of vehicle.

the Bronco guys who commented almost daily have quieted down significantly
That is almost certainly proof of whatever it is you're trying to prove. People don't have other things going on in their lives. Participation frequency on this forum is directly correlative to success in debates.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
That is almost certainly proof of whatever it is you're trying to prove. People don't have other things going on in their lives. Participation frequency on this forum is directly correlative to success in debates.
If there was just one or two posters, you’d have a point. It’s not a coincidence that every single of them of quieted down when more and more unfavorable news was revealed. This is the same site most of them boasted how much better the Bronco would be. Big difference between a coincidence and a correlation.
Sponsored