JEEP SMOKES BRONCO! Bye đź‘‹ Bye!

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
I’m wondering if the Bronco is pulling boost or timing to get a slow roll from stopped. It may be a strategy to easily modulate throttle at tip in which is a plus when crawling with a torquey motor.
Everyone I’ve read says at speed, when you mat the throttle, it picks up acceleration pretty well. IDK.
That's what I'm saying. I have 0 lag on my 2.7. I can not say anything about a 2.7 in other model's, as I only have in Lincoln product. Should be the same 2.7..... Traction control kicks in as it try's to spin AWD from standing start. No brake boosting start either.
Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
sure, but why not compare them for what they were made for....off road capability not drag racing

what's next? the new Ferrari vs the latest McLaren on the Rubicon trail? :bandit:
Comparing off road capabilities on anything but an rti ramp will be subjective at best. Did they take the exact same lines through obstacles, etc. 0-60 and or drag racing is 100% relevant to many off road situations where you have to give quick throttle to bump up an obstacle, climb a hill with a short run up, or blast through a mud hole with a sketchy entrance. Quicker acceleration is quicker on all types of terrain and is easily tested and repeated on road.

SilverEagle

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Regardless, the JLU Rubicon is a great weekend off-roader and daily driver. Willing to bet it also holds it’s value better than the Bronco.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
I don't know what is dumber?

Drag races between a Jeep and a Bronco or
... trying to find the right wording for the meme? :bandit:
Jeep Wrangler JL JEEP SMOKES BRONCO! Bye đź‘‹ Bye! 5ie9k8

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport (3)
This is a reason to buy either of the two vehicles? Some people have too much time on their hands.

Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
sure, but why not compare them for what they were made for....off road capability not drag racing

what's next? the new Ferrari vs the latest McLaren on the Rubicon trail? :bandit:
Nobody is saying not to compare off road ability. Being that they are road cars too I don't see why anyone could complain about 0-60.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
This is a reason to buy either of the two vehicles? Some people have too much time on their hands.
One of many reasons when deciding. If the Wrangler 0-60 was 14 seconds would you care?

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
You don't think things like HP/TQ matter to people? Why do you think Jeep offers so many engine choices? I was never dissatisfied with the V6 paired to the 8 speed in my JL, but after driving my 4XE for few months now I am spoiled. The thing really moves when you go WOT and it does so pretty quietly. That instant torque at low speeds is also something you get used to fast.

I don't think I would be happy at this point going to a 2.3L or 2.7L powerplant in the Bronco. Not saying the engine/power is the main deciding point, but it definitely matters to people. Especially if you want more options like PHEV, diesel, or V8 that the competition does not offer.

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport (3)
One of many reasons when deciding. If the Wrangler 0-60 was 14 seconds would you care?
Lol, my '09 JKUR has a 200 hp 3.8L that probably does 0-60 in more than 14 seconds! No, I frankly don't care, it's a Jeep and at 2-4 mph on the trails it's just fine. When I have 0-60 concerns I'll drive a street vehicle.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Lol, my '09 JKUR has a 200 hp 3.8L that probably does 0-60 in more than 14 seconds! No, I frankly don't care, it's a Jeep and at 2-4 mph on the trails it's just fine. When I have 0-60 concerns I'll drive a street vehicle.
The 3.8l jku did 0-60 in 9.2s, so ~50% quicker than 14s. That being said, you only ever drive on trails at 2-4mph? Trailer to get there? No high speed open trails ever? No steep hills, deep snow, or mud that beg for more throttle? The fact of the matter is acceleration matters on and off road. Can you get by with less power? Sure. Is it obnoxious to drive a slow vehicle when you need to accelerate up a mountain pass? Is it tough to cross that busy 2 lane highway between trails when your rig is slow to accelerate? Have you ever wanted to pass that slow rv on the way up to a trail, but don't have the power even though he is using the turn out to let you buy? Nobody buys a Jeep to only go slow any more than they buy it to only off road. The vast majority of off roaders still drive on the road. Is 0-60 the most important factor in a trail rig? Of course not. Is it still important? To virtually everyone, even if they don't want to admit it.

Sponsored

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Oooohhhhh.... I dunno. I'm a bit of an old man but Ford's implementation of direct injection concerns me, and the way Jeep did it on the 2.0 I have the same reservations. Basically I do not understand what keeps the intake valve clean and seating well over time if there is not a port injector in use at least some of the time, like on cold start maybe. As far as I know, and I may be mistaken, Ford's ecoboost engines (as well as the Jeep Hurricane) only have the injector inside of the combustion chamber, no port injection. Good for a number of reasons to do so, but by 75,000 - 100,000 miles will it need an expensive cleaning? That was a reason for me going with the pentastar engine, as far as I know all pentastars still do not use direct injection. As I said from the get go, I'm a bit of an old man, for me longevity/simplicity is a big thing when deciding what engine is better or worse. If I had to bet, I'd put my money on the simple pentastar over an ecoboost.
4 cylinder EcoBoost is same as Jeeps 2.ot - only direct injection and nothing to clean intake valves .
V6 EcoBoost engines (all) have both DI and MPI injection, since version 2 of those engines. MpI is used at normal load and low rpms, while DI is used at high load and/or high rpms. This keeps valves clean and gets more power out of the engine as you can run better timing with DI.

While towing (3.5TT explorer) 3,600 lbs boat and full trunk and seats, I regularly see 7psi boost partial throttle acceleration 3,000 rpms. Back in the day non diesel engine would throw a rod in this condition.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
The 3.8l jku did 0-60 in 9.2s, so ~50% quicker than 14s. That being said, you only ever drive on trails at 2-4mph? Trailer to get there? No high speed open trails ever? No steep hills, deep snow, or mud that beg for more throttle? The fact of the matter is acceleration matters on and off road. Can you get by with less power? Sure. Is it obnoxious to drive a slow vehicle when you need to accelerate up a mountain pass? Is it tough to cross that busy 2 lane highway between trails when your rig is slow to accelerate? Have you ever wanted to pass that slow rv on the way up to a trail, but don't have the power even though he is using the turn out to let you buy? Nobody buys a Jeep to only go slow any more than they buy it to only off road. The vast majority of off roaders still drive on the road. Is 0-60 the most important factor in a trail rig? Of course not. Is it still important? To virtually everyone, even if they don't want to admit it.
Spot on! I would get the 392 in a heartbeat because it would be awesome to have my off-road toy run 4.5 second 0-60 times. I finished lifting and adding a variety of extras to my 2020 Recon last summer and cannot justify the upgrade financially…or I would do it in a minute! Fast is fun! Rock crawling is fun! Having all the fun in one package…yes!

FJL40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr 6spd
Did anyone really believe the Bronco was a Jeep competitor? Now a G Wagon AMG….that’s more apples to apples.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Yes,off&on road performance are possible on the same vehicle.My CJ5(L79,Muncie,538lockers,warnOD,33’s3in lift,winch)was great off road and embarrassed show off hot rodders when they annoyed me.My 392 should serve as well.

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

Not quite...

Wrangler 392
Wrangler 4xe (with full charge)
Bronco 2.7
Wrangler 2.0
Wrangler 3.6
Bronco 2.3

Kind of silly to be drag racing these, they are all quick enough for regular driving and not one of them is actually "fast" but I bet the 392 sounds great trying.
4.5 second 0-60mph and 13 flat in a big ass jeep is pretty damn fast lol to put in perspective that's faster than a stock C5 Corvette.
Sponsored