Sponsored

Jeep sliding after installing bigger tires?

OP
OP
Mrmojo78

Mrmojo78

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL unlimited sport
Occupation
Crime scene remediation field supervisor
Go video this "slide" in action. I guarantee whatever it is that you think is happening, is not actually happening.
I second guessing myself. I just got home from work and I paid close attention during slow turns. Now I believe it's the actual body leaning off kilter rather than a slide from under the wheels...

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I know when my jeep ass is sliding and any other car I have owned in the past. My jeep is most definitely not sliding on dry. Only wet roads.

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)
OP, I would deliberately put it in 4H and try it. Then go to 2H and feel for the difference. They should be different. If not, you're stuck in 4H which would explain your issue. You keep saying you're in 2H but again, we're baffled about a slide at 10-13mph on dry pavement. I'm just saying, prove it to yourself and don't count on what it appears to be. Then you can for sure move on to something else.

Birchrun

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I drive mine daily with KO2s and I don’t get any sliding on dry road corners. I drive a lot of dirt and wet/snow covered roads and the grip is what I would expect with the Jeep in 2WD. I have the anti slip rear axel + manual trans and I can tell when that kicks in for slippery conditions. It’s actually a lot of fun with the manual for the back road driving.

Overall, the Jeep has a different body movement on the KO2s vs stock tires but it’s normal from my experience with Jeeps.

Maybe have someone else drive it to compare the feeling of the body toll vs tire slide.

Sponsored

Birchrun

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
OP, I would deliberately put it in 4H and try it. Then go to 2H and feel for the difference. They should be different. If not, you're stuck in 4H which would explain your issue. You keep saying you're in 2H but again, we're baffled about a slide at 10-13mph on dry pavement. I'm just saying, prove it to yourself and don't count on what it appears to be. Then you can for sure move on to something else.
Driving with 4WD on dry pavement feels more like jumping or binding on turns vs sliding in my experience. This should be very apparent in dry pavement at very slow speeds

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
People he is comparing to a KIA K900 luxury sedan! A jeep is just not going to give him the same ride! What is all this crazy talk? ?

OP
OP
Mrmojo78

Mrmojo78

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People he is comparing to a KIA K900 luxury sedan! A jeep is just not going to give him the same ride! What is all this crazy talk? ?
I'm not comparing the two. I totally understand the jeep is a rougher ride compared to most cars/SUV. Especially the k900. All I'm saying is the movement I get during a turn is not normal for any car. I'm boiling it down to high psi or body movement I'm mistaking for tire slide.

OP
OP
Mrmojo78

Mrmojo78

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Driving with 4WD on dry pavement feels more like jumping or binding on turns vs sliding in my experience. This should be very apparent in dry pavement at very slow speeds
I've shifted in and out of 4x4. My light corresponds to which 4x4 I'm in. The light is definitely off and I can totally feel the jeep is pushing from the rear...

Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I'm not comparing the two. I totally understand the jeep is a rougher ride compared to most cars/SUV. Especially the k900. All I'm saying is the movement I get during a turn is not normal for any car. I'm boiling it down to high psi or body movement I'm mistaking for tire slide.
Have you ever had a body on frame truck or SUV before your Jeep?

OP
OP
Mrmojo78

Mrmojo78

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Have you ever had a body on frame truck or SUV before your Jeep?
keeper? Dont know if the jeep Cherokee or patriot count. Or the old school hemi liftee Dakota sport pickup...
Sponsored