Sponsored

Jeep screwed up badly with the hardtop design

thatREDrubiJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
You should check out the Sky one touch top. the whole thing is removable, and modular. Trouble is it would be very time consuming compared to the normal hard top.
All you do is press a button and the power top slides back, just like a sunroof and could be done up to 60mph. That’s it, you don’t remove anything else
Sponsored

BeerGuyNS

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Occupation
Retail Manager
Vehicle Showcase
@Turbo_punkn
I sought out and found this rattle source on my 2 dr. a few months ago. I posted in a forum thread about it then.. The foam double sided tape pieces on each, that are supposed to keep the plastic cover in place, cannot do the job.

The fix is easy. Just press the bottom of each plastic cover in firmly and then run a line of Goop Flexible Epoxy (dries clear) along with edge of the plastic cover where it rests on the hardtop base. Let that dry for say 3-4 hours and your issue will be history. As I mentioned, the Goop dries clear.... IF you ever want to remove the Goop lets go if you apply heat from a hair dryer at hot setting to it.

20180618_153826.jpg

ag-ap-3_7floz-cardedtube-us-72dpi600x600.jpg
Great solution. Drove me crazy until I figured out where the rattle was coming from. Still does from time to time, lol!!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Great solution. Drove me crazy until I figured out where the rattle was coming from. Still does from time to time, lol!!
@BeerGuyNS

Since I applied the Goop, I have not heard a single creak or rattle.... It's been month's now since I fixed with the Goop.

I was not "LOL" when I had that friggin rattle! 8-)
Sponsored