Sponsored

BDoerr54

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4Xe, 2020 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-e
It's weird they said the 4Xe's are sold out. If you go on the Jeep website it says "Available to order today"
Sponsored

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Cranking up desire via scarcity…. Hmm…

To me, Sold out = no more battery packs from this lot from vendor. Wait til we get the next lot.

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
I’m amazed that somebody talked about 21 production running into December. Back “in the day” as noted July 4 week was changeover and they’d get ready for next years model to be on the lot in a couple months.,

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Not 4xe specific, but in 2018 I ordered my JLU on August 1st 2018 and it was delivered 8/22 as a 2018 model. Might have been a different year because it was the intro year, I dunno.

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR , 2017 Ram 2500, 1990 YJ
I’m amazed that somebody talked about 21 production running into December. Back “in the day” as noted July 4 week was changeover and they’d get ready for next years model to be on the lot in a couple months.,
Things are going to be very different this year. We've been able to order 2022 Ram for a little over a month now, but they're not up on Ram's site. Compass is done scheduling 2021 orders, but we can't order 2022 yet. We get no answers from our rep, your guess is as good as ours on when the full change over will happen. It may go back to the real good old days when the next year model was debuted in January ish.

Sponsored

IrishJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 T&C, '17 Grand Cherokee, '21 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Technical Writer
We never even got to test drive, every listed 4xe was sold before we called, or before we could get there.
I had to call around to a few dealers by me to actually find one in stock that was actually on the lot. I found one and high-tailed it out there to test drive it. I really wanted to see how differently it drove from a regular Sahara. Glad I did because it helped me convince my husband to buy one even faster (it drove "less bouncy" :giggle:)!

I believe most dealer website listings are listing customer orders as part of inventory. Drums up interest, potentially gets people in the door. Very few are actually available for sale.
I don't believe this is entirely true (at least not every dealer). When my special ordered one was in-transit, I started hawking my dealer's website and NEVER saw it appear in their inventory. Granted I live withing trucking distance from Toledo, but I knew when it went into "released to shipping" status. Dealers have two "websites", internal and public.

Anyway, good luck getting one, I love mine. Got Scooby in May and just put mile 1,000 on her today.

au1994

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara 4xe, BMW X1
Occupation
Chickens
Ordered 6/28. Have a VIN but that‘s it. Jeep says to check with them this week for a scheduling update.

Patience is not one of my virtues…

Sam_Ca

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
That makes sense, and I agree. What I worry about is that an order placed right before the end of production gets delayed for some reason. Hopefully they have outstanding inventory control, and didn’t trust Jimmy doing an eyeball count of the number of batteries left in the stack.

I was going to hold out for a ‘22 but the dealer said Jeep told them it would be late fall before anything would show up. In the end, it’s kinda fun going through the order process. It reminds me of the old days of the internet and slowly waiting for the photos to load line by line. The anticipation of what was coming next was part of the excitement!
Yup especially if it is photo you would like to see really bad 🤣😁 you know what I mean 😁

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I don't believe this is entirely true (at least not every dealer). When my special ordered one was in-transit, I started hawking my dealer's website and NEVER saw it appear in their inventory.
I looked as well. My dealer never showed my Wrangler on their website. They also don't show incoming inventory. Other dealers seem to show incoming inventory of Jeeps shortly after the window stickers are available (The month/day is on the window sticker). I am not sure if they show sold orders or not.

IrishJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 T&C, '17 Grand Cherokee, '21 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Technical Writer
I looked as well. My dealer never showed my Wrangler on their website. They also don't show incoming inventory. Other dealers seem to show incoming inventory of Jeeps shortly after the window stickers are available (The month/day is on the window sticker). I am not sure if they show sold orders or not.
I can usually see "in-transit" vehicles, but not sold vehicles. Now that doesn't mean that someone like us couldn't buy it while it's in-transit. :LOL:

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
Yeah my 4xe order never showed up on the dealer/Jeep inventory search. But I do remember my 2018 custom order definitely did. Not sure if they changed something at some point? I guess it would make sense not to include sold orders in the inventory search. Especially these days when actual dealer stock is so low. That would piss me off if I was searching and all of the inventory that came up was already sold.

OP
OP
SteveTigers

SteveTigers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe
I asked my dealer for any recent updates he has received on 4xe orders, and I thought you guys would find the information useful.

Ordered 6/18. Ship 7/31
Ordered 6/21. Ship 8/3
Ordered 6/23. Ship 8/5
These are all 4xe’s
Sponsored