Jeep Sailcloth vs. other soft tops

Huskies91

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys JL
Have an opportunity to get a Mopar sailcloth cover brand new. It will be mainly for 3 season use and I'll stick to the hardtop in the New England winter. Anyone have any issues with the sailcloth? I was torn between that and a Bestop twill top. Is the quality comparable vs the Mopar twill top? What would be a good price? BNIB still for a sail cloth.
Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey @Huskies91
We produce both our tops and the Mopar tops so yes the quality is comparable you could say :like:
There is a pretty big difference between the Twill and the sailcloth. The Twill has better heat and sound insulation, is a deeper black, easier to clean and easier to work with. It's a pretty phenomenal material and worth the upgrade if its in the budget.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Hey @Huskies91
We produce both our tops and the Mopar tops so yes the quality is comparable you could say :like:
There is a pretty big difference between the Twill and the sailcloth. The Twill has better heat and sound insulation, is a deeper black, easier to clean and easier to work with. It's a pretty phenomenal material and worth the upgrade if its in the budget.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
What cleaner do you recommend for the Twill top? Also, does it need to be conditioned?

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
What cleaner do you recommend for the Twill top? Also, does it need to be conditioned?
We offer a Twill protectant that is specially formulated for the Acrylic material.
As for cleaning, just a simple mild soap, avoid any heavy degreasers or waxing agents.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Have an opportunity to get a Mopar sailcloth cover brand new. It will be mainly for 3 season use and I'll stick to the hardtop in the New England winter. Anyone have any issues with the sailcloth? I was torn between that and a Bestop twill top. Is the quality comparable vs the Mopar twill top? What would be a good price? BNIB still for a sail cloth.
Twill is thicker than sailcloth if that matters to you, so generally it would be better insulated, but how many other layers of insulation I don't know. My myTop has 3 layers and I was surprised when it was quiter than my hardtop. Actually feels like I have something over my head than a hollow shell. I already sold my hardtop, so no winter switches for me which is fine since I can do this
Sponsored