mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
Greetings all,

If you've got 14 minutes to spare, this is a good example of Jeep peeps coming together to help out a rolled Jeep on the trail. As a new Jeeper, I thought this was a great teaching moment. It shows the importance of a good spotter (the Jeep rolled because the spotter goofed), the importance of skilled recovery experts, and general good community vibes.

I just ran across this so I am not sure if it's been posted already but I think it is worth sharing:

Sponsored

Last edited:

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Greetings all,

If you've got 14 minutes to spare, this is a good example of Jeep peeps coming together to help out a rolled Jeep on the trail. As a new Jeeper, I thought this was a great teaching moment. It shows the importance of a good spotter (the Jeep rolled because the spotter goofed), the importance of skilled recovery experts, and general good community vibes.

I just ran across this so I am not sure if it's been posted already but I think it is worth sharing:

Great video. Thanks for posting it.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Its worth mentioning that the rollover doesn't occur until almost 10 minutes into the video.

OP
OP
mrhumble1

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
Its worth mentioning that the rollover doesn't occur until almost 10 minutes into the video.
True, but I think watching it all shows how much everyone is out to help each other and how generally skilled the drivers are. To a new Jeep owner like me, it helps to know that even those who know what they are doing can get into a tough spot.

It's also nice to see that even thought the Jeep rolled, it drove off the trail under its own power with what looked like minimal damage. That shows the skill of the recovery and the toughness of our Jeeps.

Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I liked the recovery, and particularly liked the advice of ~10 minutes in as I can't stand videos that drag on forever to get to the point

As for it driving off, I think it just means he shut it down or it stalled early on, not sure it has much to do with "Jeep tough" so much as the physics of internal combustion engines on the 3rd rock

Rubicon_LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
True, but I think watching it all shows how much everyone is out to help each other and how generally skilled the drivers are. To a new Jeep owner like me, it helps to know that even those who know what they are doing can get into a tough spot.

It's also nice to see that even thought the Jeep rolled, it drove off the trail under its own power with what looked like minimal damage. That shows the skill of the recovery and the toughness of our Jeeps.
Absolutely agree

Stampede.Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beat up old VW Passat
While it isn't something you want to do, at such a low speed it isn't going to do the kind of damage a high speed rollover does.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Greetings all,

This actually was kind of awesome to watch. Glad the guy didn't get hurt. I wouldn't do that, unless I HAD to do it.

Sponsored

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
Impressive....thank you for posting this video. “Jeep” is a wonderful “ Family”.
It’s starts with a simple “ Wave”....but a fellow Jeep enthusiast will stop and help you out.
That is the essence of Jeep.

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
Holy crap. The way they cut that and added the dramatic music is just way too over the top for me.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase

I know it might be worth watching the whole thing one day but when the "Title subject" of a video isn't until the video is 70% through, I get frustrated. Pretty standard for YouTube I guess. Good information though.
Sponsored