Sponsored

Jeep Reveal? [Update: Jeep RED Compass edition, Ram 1500 Limited RED, Jeep RED Renegade]

benny_rt2

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ - 1999 TJ - 2004 TJ
It's for the children. You're not against children, are you?
I don't trust jeep and i don't trust RED to direct the money to where it should go.

If you want to give money to children charity, then give your donation directly to support the charity. If you want to buy a product where the jeep brand is profitting and then trust that very large company brand (I'm speaking of Jeep but also RED) to give a very small percentage to help the children while giving yourself a pat on your back as you park your red edition in driveway for your neighbors to see how fine and caring a person you are, then buy a red edition... "for the children".

Last edited:

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Why the automatic assumption that's its Wrangler related?
Well, some of ya'll i'm sure are disappointed :LOL:
Some people live in a bubble and spend way too much time on this forum thinking that every announcement from Jeep is about a Wrangler.

macphisto13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT but wanting to add a Jeep to my stable
Hmmmm, nothing positive to say except at least it's better than that Dragon Edition JK.
There was a DRAGON EDITION!???!! Please tell me it was Game of Thrones related. And it had dragon graphics... oh god please.

Sponsored

macphisto13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT but wanting to add a Jeep to my stable
I don't trust jeep and i don't trust RED to direct the money to where it should go.

If you want to give money to children charity, then give your donation directly to support the charity. If you want to buy a product where the jeep brand is profitting and then trust that very large company brand (I'm speaking of Jeep but also RED) to give a very small percentage to help the children while giving yourself a pat on your back as you park your red edition in driveway for your neighbors to see how fine and caring a person you are, then buy a red edition... "for the children".
That's not what (RED) Is about. It's not about children (though they benefit). It has been around for 15 years (ish) and was DESIGNED to take advantage of capitalism as a means to collect money to fight AIDS. It was intentially taking advantage of people's desire to buy stuff while feeling good about themselves. It's quite brilliant in it's approach compared to holding out your hand and asking for money. It's like Judo, it uses the corporate PR engine and companies desire to make money and consumer's desire to show off ("look, I care, my phone is red"). It's quite brilliant.

Don't get me wrong, I was hoping for some new color announcements and find this underwhelming. But don't bash (RED) for trying to raise money for people in need.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Don't get me wrong, I was hoping for some new color announcements and find this underwhelming. But don't bash (RED) for trying to raise money for people in need.
Stop being rational. This is the internet where everyone has an uninformed opinion.

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer

OffRocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
It was intentially taking advantage of people's desire to buy stuff while feeling good about themselves.
So, is it like carbon credits and companies buying carbon credits from other companies to become carbon neutral? Like Tesla selling carbon credits to other car manufacturers?

Sponsored

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
That's not what (RED) Is about. It's not about children (though they benefit). It has been around for 15 years (ish) and was DESIGNED to take advantage of capitalism as a means to collect money to fight AIDS. It was intentially taking advantage of people's desire to buy stuff while feeling good about themselves. It's quite brilliant in it's approach compared to holding out your hand and asking for money. It's like Judo, it uses the corporate PR engine and companies desire to make money and consumer's desire to show off ("look, I care, my phone is red"). It's quite brilliant.

Exactly. Before Project Red, corporate donations and funding totaled $5 million dollars To the Global Fund. Project Red has generated more than $650 million in donations. From a pure fund raising perspective Thatā€™s impressive. jeep and other corporations who are part of RED and offer RED branded products donā€™t profit off the premium - it all goes to RED which in turn goes to structured well audited transparent funds. There are very detailed contracts and agreements that are audited tightly To make sure $ goes where itā€™s supposed to go. Itā€™s just another way millions of people and corporations can help. You donā€™t have to buy a RED product. Itā€™s a choice. Millions of people choose RED products. One of the founders of RED is Bono (U2). Heā€™s given millions of $ of his own money away to help people and organizations in need. RED is simply another interesting way to give large corporations a way to donate. Donā€™t like the fact that itā€™s to support people with AIDs around the world? Donā€™t buy it then.

benny_rt2

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ - 1999 TJ - 2004 TJ

Okay, thank you for clarifying. Sincerely, I'm not trying to be sarcastic. It's not for the children, though they benefit, I understand that now. I apologize for that inaccurate assumption about the children. I will keep my same opinion though, of course, just as you may keep your opinion. I simply do not trust these foundations or their allocation of the funds. I don't doubt funds go to the right places to be effective. But I seriously question how much of the funds go to the right places. I simply don't trust certain people with managing money (celebrities and athletes and their kind they associate with in general). Just to be clear, I'm not disappointed about color choices, that would be dumb to get upset about. I may have weird outlook on it though and that's fine. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. honestly, it's probably my distrust of celebrities and athletes more than anything else that makes me think the way I do about this. Just puts a bad taste in my mouth
Sponsored