Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I really couldn’t care less about the “culture of Jeep” or Harley or any other cult. I just want what works for me,

39216B44-EB15-40C2-A01A-6CBC791A032A.jpeg
See, that humorless reaction is typical of a Land Cruiser buyer.

Don’t let the door hit you on your way out.
Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
….My mom had a Corolla, her dealership had a manicure person on premise, brake fixed $700, and she gets a free manicure while she wait….
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂💅💅💅

Mama gettin fixeddd uppp!!! LOL! 💚

deserteagle56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Since we're talking about Jeep "reliability", here's a brand new video from Matt's Off-Road Recovery...another beautiful JLUR needing rescued. "Everything just shut down" and Jeep is completely out of commission on a gnarly trail.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I sold my2020 JLUR after 2 years of ownership because of the poor quality and dealer experience with repairs. 24 months of ownership and it spent 2 months in the shop. The only good thing was after spending 10K on upgrades I was still able to get almost all my money back when I sold it.
Ok, you sold your JLUR because you didn't like it, you don't care about the camaraderie of any brand ; why are you HERE again ??

wcjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ with stuff. JL 2dr Sport
CR has always been critical of the Wrangler. Wrangler has had its share of problems over the years. Early YJ transmissions. TJ death wobble and early death to hvac controls. Early JK low power engine, poor brakes. Later JK sand issues. JL V6 poorly assembled, diesel engine problems.

Our 2017 4runner has been rock solid. No squeaks or rattles to this day. Toyota manual transfer case is smoother than JL. Our JL 2dr hard top with 10 miles on the odometer had squeaks, rattles and wind noise.

Toyota encourages any line employee to stop the entire factory production when a problem is found. They Fix the problem for all future units. Most other manufacturers have a large repair facility to fix any defects after production. Our JL is fun to drive. Our 4runner feels like it will easily outlast the JL.

Some vehicles have taken a reliability hit due to complex infotainment.

Sponsored

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
CR has always been critical of the Wrangler. Wrangler has had its share of problems over the years. Early YJ transmissions. TJ death wobble and early death to hvac controls. Early JK low power engine, poor brakes. Later JK sand issues. JL V6 poorly assembled, diesel engine problems.

Our 2017 4runner has been rock solid. No squeaks or rattles to this day. Toyota manual transfer case is smoother than JL. Our JL 2dr hard top with 10 miles on the odometer had squeaks, rattles and wind noise.

Toyota encourages any line employee to stop the entire factory production when a problem is found. They Fix the problem for all future units. Most other manufacturers have a large repair facility to fix any defects after production. Our JL is fun to drive. Our 4runner feels like it will easily outlast the JL.

84, 95 YJ, 97, 99, 2001, 2003, TJs, 2006 LJ = 250XXX miles. Curious, why do I not have these problems, am I just lucky? They were all either Sahara's or Rubicons, stick shift, optioned with D44 rear axles, AC, and maxed out on options, all were ordered. Over that time frame, I took my Jeep in for warranty service 3 x times, twice for the same thing rear vew mirror, once for a broken rear axle shaft. That is it, I drive them, wheel them and drive to work in them. I focused on the YJ/Tj because you mentioned it but I have had a LOT more Jeeps starting in the 60s till today.

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
LOcal jeep dealer, service writer said he was new to jeeps, I asked what he did before, said he worked at Honda dealer for 10 years. In that 10 years he said he replaced one transmission. Thats it besides oil changes and tires. Wanted to come to jeep so he would have something to do at work. I chuckled.

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR

My Niece works at one of those factories, said she had to push the button once, I asked what for, she said, a bolt was wrong length. So I don't think it's as big a thing as they make it out to be. How did the wrong bolt get placed in the bins? Thats the issue.

I do wish they would make a loaded rubi with manual AC and a simple old school radio look and a tailight that doesn't get ripped off by a car wash..

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
LOcal jeep dealer, service writer said he was new to jeeps, I asked what he did before, said he worked at Honda dealer for 10 years. In that 10 years he said he replaced one transmission. Thats it besides oil changes and tires. Wanted to come to jeep so he would have something to do at work. I chuckled.
pinocchio-nose.gif

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
My breaks squeeky and my 4wd system has trouble staying in 4LO. Sounds spot on.

Sponsored

Maverickxeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, 2002 TJ Sport
I can't really speak to the quality of my JL (I only have 16,000km on it!), but I've owned several other vehicles - my 02 TJ, running at 300k KM; a 96 ZJ that I sold at 250k KM; a 94 ZJ that I sold at 400k KM. All of them were relatively problem free and only needed basic maintenance.

On the other side of things, I've owned a few GM vehicles, including an 04 Envoy - that was a complete disaster as far as reliability went...

I know most vehicles are incredibly reliable and it really depends on maintenance - so buying a new JL made sense to me as I am very rigid on maintenance.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Good grief lol. You guys need .. I don't know what, but you need something lol.

Both parties are at blame here. Stellantis for utter shit quality control, and Consumer Reports for considering _squeaky brakes_ a reliability problem.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Evidently, working at Honda for 10 years, he honed his lying very well... 😫

ButWhatDoIKnow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler, 2014 Jeep Cherokee, 2015 Abarth 500C
Here's what I get out of the Consumer Reports survey:
Jeep more reliable than Mercedes.
LOL

bkgray115