Sponsored

JJA5

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Probably a stupid question but if you install this are floor mats basically now useless and not needed? I might be in the minority but I’m solely thinking of getting this for dog hair haha. My dog likes to go a topless cruise with me occasionally and dog hair sucks with carpet.
Sponsored

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Probably a stupid question but if you install this are floor mats basically now useless and not needed? I might be in the minority but I’m solely thinking of getting this for dog hair haha. My dog likes to go a topless cruise with me occasionally and dog hair sucks with carpet.
You wouldn't need floor mats. The Armorlite is essentially a giant floor mat. You could probably still use floor mats on top but i don't see the reason to.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Amorlite advises to not use floor mats, but I still do for the convenience of being to remove and clean them as opposed to having to hose out the inside of the jeep.

Freedom1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 3500HD
Has vinyl floors in my last Tundra and my current 3500HD. I open all the doors and blow it out with a leave blower. Works great.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Those floors look like an absolute nightmare to clean.
I have the ArmorLite in my '23 JTM, they actually super easy to clean. After every vacuum and wash I spray and wipe the floor down with some Chemical Guys ceramic detail spray. To vacuum, spot wash and detail.......20 mins max

Sponsored

missionale

First Name
Jeepie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
wait until summer when you're in shorts - and paying 1K for a rubber floor - sure, and please add all the other overpriced options as well.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
wait until summer when you're in shorts - and paying 1K for a rubber floor - sure, and please add all the other overpriced options as well.
I live in Vegas where it is 100F at midnight during the Summer months. I have the armorlite floors. I don’t see any problem you’re referring to.

randeeezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JL Willys
JL is in it's 6th year of production and this just now occurred to them? Just like XR, this is a knee jerk to what Bronco is doing. Not a bad thing per se, but execution will probably have been rushed. And it's also a cash grab.
That’s why competition is so healthy and needed in this particular market segment. If Ford hadn’t released the Bronco, there’s no way Jeep would be adding any of these options.

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
That’s why competition is so healthy and needed in this particular market segment. If Ford hadn’t released the Bronco, there’s no way Jeep would be adding any of these options.
No doubt... Jeep needs a kick in the butt. Although I hope they don't go too soft... IFS, dial for transfer case, etc... But it wouldn't surprise me either. I think I saw somewhere that Bronco sales have no caught up, and maybe surprised Wrangler for the first time. I could be wrong.

BVGeezer

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU, 1982 FJ40
Occupation
Retired
Somebody tell me about the pliability of the Armorlite mats. We've got Husky mats in our F150 and love them. They are pliable and conform nicely and don't scuff up. The all weather Jeep matas we had in our 2018 JLU were stiff and looked like crap after a year or so.

Sponsored

randeeezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JL Willys
No doubt... Jeep needs a kick in the butt. Although I hope they don't go too soft... IFS, dial for transfer case, etc... But it wouldn't surprise me either. I think I saw somewhere that Bronco sales have no caught up, and maybe surprised Wrangler for the first time. I could be wrong.
If Ford didn't have any supply chain issues and could actually produce enough vehicles to keep up with demand for orders AND stock dealer lots, I'm sure the numbers would be even more alarming and skewed in favor of the Bronco. Hell, I wanted to order a 2 Door Bronco but I was told it could take 1-2 years to get one. Still took nearly 5 months to get my Wrangler . . .

Because of the delays on Ford's part, however, Jeep has a big opportunity to play catch up and match some of the easier options that Bronco was offering - as we've seen with Extreme Recon, and now these flooring/seat options; I am sure we will also see a bigger screen to rival the Bronco's 12" option soon

Other things I can see Jeep adding (or hope they do):
Ambient lighting, footwell lights; LED approach lights on side mirrors
LED package that includes front AND rear for this gen
next gen hopefully LED are standard on all models
Wireless charging pad
it's also cool that you can order a Bronco with a dash cam setup!

As for the IFS and transfer case changes . . . well, I think the IFS would be getting pretty far away from what make a Jeep a Jeep. But then again, that's up to the corporate guys to decide what make a Jeep going forward. If the "Death Wobble" issues continue to plague JLs 2021+, and more class action lawsuits arise, I could see a scenario where it's decided to go IFS to cut costs of warranty extensions, labor, parts, etc. But I think that's unlikely. . .

The transfer case dial seems a little more frivolous to me, BUT to an "average consumer" (not an enthusiast or forum crawler), it is a cool shiny bell/whistle that the Bronco has over Jeep and I would expect Jeep to come up with some sort of answer to it

Yes, Jeep needs to "answer to" all of the things that set the Bronco apart. But the Bronco engineers had a lot of time and money to research and develop a new vehicle that would make an impressive offering over the existing Jeep Wrangler.

Hopefully Jeep has a great team working on the next generation of the Wrangler; right now, the Jeep is just trying to keep their aging JL platform competitive with a brand new, very modern competitor. IMO the JL was not a quantum leap beyond the JK. Let's hope the JM(?) is true to the brand and its roots while still taking it to a great place that forces Bronco to play catch up.

Competition is good for all ;)

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
As for the IFS and transfer case changes . . . well, I think the IFS would be getting pretty far away from what make a Jeep a Jeep.

Yes, Jeep needs to "answer to" all of the things that set the Bronco apart.

Competition is good for all ;)
We're already on that well-worn path: leather seating, carpeting, ever-larger infotainment screens, ad nauseum.

"Competition" can occur in the form of maintaining the independence and purity of the model's legacy, and not reflexively following the attempts of others simply for the sake of doing so. How many in the Jeep community would say they purchased their Wranglers -- of any generation -- precisely because it makes its own path, instead of unthinkingly aping what everyone else is doing? ;)

Vanburi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 'Mojito' JLR
Somebody tell me about the pliability of the Armorlite mats. We've got Husky mats in our F150 and love them. They are pliable and conform nicely and don't scuff up. The all weather Jeep matas we had in our 2018 JLU were stiff and looked like crap after a year or so.
Armorlite is not a mat, it is a floor covering replacement.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
I realize that it is a carpet replacement/floor covering. I was wondering if it is hard surface or soft.
The piece is heavy and insulated. I would say it is very challenging to bend it 90 degrees, it’s stiff. No way you can bend a small corner back on itself. There is a rubberized texture on the surface that is grippy, floor feels nice and your shoes will not slide like some hard plastic floor liners.

It also insulates vibration and noise to a degree. The price sucks but the quality and fit is superb. It really makes the interior look good and clean up is easy.
Sponsored