First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Armorlite came out and said it was their product recently.
That’s good news. It would suck for the, not to get a piece of the market they created.
Sponsored

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Cool stuff, too bad I bought my Jeep already, and at this rate I'd rather get the permanent stuff, and just x-line it!

I love that after the Bronco comes out, FCA finally decides to start listening to us and doing what we want from the factory. Would have been nice if they were doing it before that, but I guess better late than never.

Tofuzeppelin

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 jl sport, 01 Tj, 01 xj, 77 Cherokee Chei
A $1000 bucks WTH?

I paid $600 to Line X the complete interior of my Jeep, removed seats, center console, everything.
isn’t there a bunch of wiring running along the floor boards, or does pulling the carpet and seats leave a clean slate for install?

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
isn’t there a bunch of wiring running along the floor boards, or does pulling the carpet and seats leave a clean slate for install?
If you wheel and wheel OFTEN like I did sure makes cleaning your interior easy, Not much wiring if any.

Sponsored

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JKU Rubicon, 64 C10, 61 Panhead
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
Anyone knows why they say 2022-2023?
I have 2018, what have they changed?
18-23 use the same floor. 24 has a revised rear section.

Our new Cargo kit comes out later this month and will work with the Mopar floor as it is the same product.

BobW

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp MT; 2019 GC; 2021 Lego JLR
Clubs

Mm. I've said before that the JL/JLU configuration website is littered with way too many variations on the theme.

I'd like to see Stellantis whittle it down to two models: Wrangler, and Rubicon. The latter would of course retain all of the uparmored hard parts that make the model what it is. The former would functionally be a Sport to which the buyer can add the individual option(s), or option package(s), that he wants. Period.

The current paradigm of having to buy an upmarket trim simply to gain access to certain options or packages (that are intentionally withheld from other trims) is a bit insulting. And FFS, make vinyl floors and seats standard fitments, instead of each serving as a naked money grab as this thread makes plain.
Qual der Wahl
typical marketing it seems...

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

If you wheel and wheel OFTEN like I did sure makes cleaning your interior easy, Not much wiring if any.
So couldnt you also just yank the carpet and run with bare metal floors?

My first vehicle was a mazda b2000. It only had half the floor covered in vinyl lol. The rest was bare metal

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I have the Armorlite flooring in mine, but I put Kilmat down before I installed the flooring. The 2 together really cut down on the road noise. I just cleaned my floors this weekend, they were full of salt residue and gravel. It was so much easier to use some dawn and water and wash everything down the drain plug. I am glad I put them in.
My understanding was that the Armorlite kit includes some level of Kilmat - is that not true?

Sponsored

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
So couldnt you also just yank the carpet and run with bare metal floors?

My first vehicle was a mazda b2000. It only had half the floor covered in vinyl lol. The rest was bare metal
You could but it would be VERY noisy and hot as a firecracker. You can buy spray of stuff that is similar to LINEX and a LOT cheaper!

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
My understanding was that the Armorlite kit includes some level of Kilmat - is that not true?
The Armorlite has insulation backing the rubber. I think it is thicker than the carpet.

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JKU Rubicon, 64 C10, 61 Panhead
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
The Armorlite has insulation backing the rubber. I think it is thicker than the carpet.
We do not offer kilmat, that is a butyl sound deadener designed to reduce resonance or vibration in the sheet metal.
Our floor system does have a dense fiber insulator which is a sound absorber and also has tremendas thermal performance.
You can use a butyl sound deadener with Armorlite if you stay away from areas that would impede the fitment of trim and our drain plug.
Butyl works well on large panels with little structure, completely covering a floor actually offers little benefit over a couple of small strategically placed pieces.

yarmo

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly…is it better to just order straight from Amorlight or from Mopar?
If you want it right now for a '24 you have to order from Armorlite because Mopar isn't selling it yet. I also don't know if Mopar will include the new cargo lining set or not when they do release it.
Sponsored