Sponsored

SinisterKid

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
I added this to my build when I ordered in November just to see what it would be like. I thought it was going to encompass the full vehicle and it seems now it doesn't include the cargo area. To me advertising an additional cost for vinyl flooring and then having some carpet would be false advertising. On the site it also says includes rear cargo area dress up, I wonder what this could be? If I could go back I would definitely not select this option again as the cost is too much for what it is and possibly doesn't cover the whole interior. Also my build is taking significantly longer in production because this option is installed at the Mopar Custom Shop.

Flooring.jpg

jlandry287

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel
I’ve been eyeballing the Armorlite system (had in my cart but yet to purchase).

Seems the MOPAR flooring system is cheaper by a few bucks.

Products look identical, I wonder if they are indeed the same

EDIT: Nevermind, shipping from MOPAR is $200 lol

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep releases JPP Heavy-Duty Flooring System and Heavy-Duty Vinyl Seats CA12A792-023B-4383-B24E-A7CEFB5A9029

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep releases JPP Heavy-Duty Flooring System and Heavy-Duty Vinyl Seats B6A244AB-BCC9-423F-A051-4862C39F75DD

Sponsored

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
Vinyl seats in a convertible? Uh thanks but no thanks. I’ll keep my cloth, or give me some of that neoprene/wetsuit type material. Vinyl will be uncomfortable as sh*t. That’s a major reason I don’t want a Bronco, it’s vinyl or leather only IIRC.
Bronco has cloth on base, Big Bend some Outer Banks. Black Diamond, or Badlands - vinyl or leather only. So dumb.

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
JL is in it's 6th year of production and this just now occurred to them? Just like XR, this is a knee jerk to what Bronco is doing. Not a bad thing per se, but execution will probably have been rushed. And it's also a cash grab.

DUCK01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Sport, 2022 Bronco Basequatch
Not trying to stir up crap, but why are they using the word "innovative" about offerings that Ford has been putting on the Bronco for two years?

The thoughts about the vinyl getting hot are correct - lots of comments from the B6G group about their MGV seats getting ripping hot in the sun. I always had to cover my center console in my JKs and JL with a towel when I was parked topless or I'd scorch my right forearm when getting back in. I can't imagine one of my boys accidentally sneaking out of loose shorts and resting on a vinyl seat on a 100+ day.

@brewski is right about the Bedrug option for the 2 doors. I had a Bedrug in the back of my '00 Lightning and it was really well made and fit extremely well. Nothing would soak in - gas, oil, etc. just came right off with a little Simple Green and water. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a bedlined '97 TJ my buddy is selling and I've already decided on covering it with the Bedrug product instead of re-installing carpet.

Benny

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S Ocean Blue, 2012 Dodge Challenger
I went cheap when I ordered my 1997 TJ and took the vinyl seats. Now they want $1000 extra for crap vinyl seats. Between summers and winters the seats all cracked over the years. Ended up with Neoprene covers in that Jeep. Always cloth since then.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Vinyl seats.

My JLU is the first convertible I've owned with cloth seats. The rest had vinyl seating; all but one having black vinyl. Yes, they can get warm in the sun (and it shines just as brightly in Pennsylvania as it does elsewhere ;)), but not so much in my experience that I'd reflexively dismiss the option out of hand. The provenance of the brand makes it easy to argue that Jeeps should have vinyl interiors -- seats + flooring -- available for them.

Yes, this is an overdue cash grab, but it's also a welcome corrective IMO.

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
Now all they need to do is come up with a problem to go with these new solutions.
Last I checked you take the doors and top off in the Spring along with the plugs and put them all back on in the Fall without much issue in between with what we already have
Unsure the issue unless someone just "imagined" a problem
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep releases JPP Heavy-Duty Flooring System and Heavy-Duty Vinyl Seats OTI1._V1_

The carpets and seats clean easy already and dry very very fast

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I don't see this to be worth the $$$ at all. I'd just spray line x like we have before.

ForgottenTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Sarge Green JLU Willys
Vinyl seats baking in the hot sun sounds like a great time. Sign me up.
Sponsored