First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Great looking little crossover. More fitting of the Cherokee name than the station wagon that has it now.

Looks like it will get Commando Green, Chief Blue and the awesome River Rock color from the Wagoneer. Why can't the Wranglers get a color selection like that?

River Rock is a dark blue/gray similar, but not quite the same as the old Rhino color.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Finally another green coming. I would think green would be very popular being these are green machines and everybody’s talking about going green etc.

Overwatch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, Sarge Green 392
Great colors actually. I'd be pretty jealous if they got something similar to Rhino or Anvil.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Doubt there will be a 2 door, unibody construction and lots of batteries.

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
As soon as Jeep released the gasoline version or even a hybrid I will strongly consider one to replace our aging family Grand Cherokee . If no gasoline or hybrid option then I guess I will be looking elsewhere because an all electric is an absolute no go for us.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
As soon as Jeep released the gasoline version or even a hybrid I will strongly consider one to replace our aging family Grand Cherokee . If no gasoline or hybrid option then I guess I will be looking elsewhere because an all electric is an absolute no go for us.
This model is being pushed hard as all electric, so don’t think that option is coming anytime soon.
Maybe if it’s a big seller..?

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t think we’ll see any crossover between pure EVs and slamming an ICE engine in them since they’ve been developed from the ground up as an EV to make room for the battery.

honestly a few years into its generation it may very well become my first EV. I like the doors off, and it seems like Stellantis is really pushing to be all EV by 2030 etc, I bet the I6 hurricane gets used by dodge trucks for long range tanks and the rest of the lineup for jeep/dodge/ram/Chrysler goes EV.

im not a betting man though.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

It's a ground-up BEV design. Why are you even commenting that you want them to release a PHEV or ICE? There are other model Jeeps that have PHEV and ICE propulsion plants.

Sponsored

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a ground-up BEV design. Why are you even commenting that you want them to release a PHEV or ICE? There are other model Jeeps that have PHEV and ICE propulsion plants.
You must be under 40 and live in some large city in CA or NY or somewhere like that and not have purchased a lot of vehicles in your time. So to keep it simple and easy for you to understand... I like the looks over the other Jeep non Wrangler offerings, but not the power plant. Pretty common reason people don’t buy one vehicle over an other is for lack of power plant choices. That’s obvious just reading threads on this forum.

I for one WILL NOT buy an all electric vehicle unit they have at least a 10 year or 100,000 mile full replacement warranty on the batteries, the batteries are made in a democratic and free country, oh and there is a sound global environmentally plan to deal with the batteries once they are used up to deal with all the very toxic materials leftover.

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
You must be under 40 and live in some large city in CA or NY or somewhere like that and not have purchased a lot of vehicles in your time. So to keep it simple and easy for you to understand... I like the looks over the other Jeep non Wrangler offerings, but not the power plant. Pretty common reason people don’t buy one vehicle over an other is for lack of power plant choices. That’s obvious just reading threads on this forum.

I for one WILL NOT buy an all electric vehicle unit they have at least a 10 year or 100,000 mile full replacement warranty on the batteries, the batteries are made in a democratic and free country, oh and there is a sound global environmentally plan to deal with the batteries once they are used up to deal with all the very toxic materials leftover.
Ok well fair point on the looks. I too was wondering why you had singled out the BEV Jeep as your first choice if you don't like EVs. But now I get it.

The Recon is based on the SLTA Large platform which is only EV. So unfortunately it's pretty much 100% that the Recon will never have an ICE.

Stellantis is going heavy on EVs across the board. The good news is that 1 (out of 4) of their next gen platforms, STLA Frame, appears to accommodate both EV and ICE. So that gives Ram and the Wrangler the means to keep ICE options well beyond the rest of Stellantis' portfolio.

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok well fair point on the looks. I too was wondering why you had singled out the BEV Jeep as your first choice if you don't like EVs. But now I get it.

The Recon is based on the SLTA Large platform which is only EV. So unfortunately it's pretty much 100% that the Recon will never have an ICE.

Stellantis is going heavy on EVs across the board. The good news is that 1 (out of 4) of their next gen platforms, STLA Frame, appears to accommodate both EV and ICE. So that gives Ram and the Wrangler the means to keep ICE options well beyond the rest of Stellantis' portfolio.
Not new to Jeeps I have owned several over the last 20+years, use them extensively off road and in remote locations. Currently I own two JLURs. One will be do for replacement in 2025 and the Recon looked like it would be an interesting change.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I am nowhere near 40, I've purchased over 20 vehicles in my driving life, and while I do live just outside of a major city, none of that matters other than you're (attempting?) to drop an insult as if those factors mean anything.

You're still commenting about wanting an ICE for a vehicle designed ground up to be a BEV. Buy one of the multiple other Jeeps that are still ICE or PHEV.

Following on the (tired and dated) comments about battery life and toxicity of said, does anyone have a "sound global environmental plan to deal with the toxicity of ICE vehicles and materials"?

Why do people keep jumping into BEV threads commenting on how they want an ICE and regurgitating the lines about toxic electric vehicles and how they will never buy one? Completely ignoring the 100+ years of environmental waste and health issues that can be laid directly at the feet of the fossil fuel industry and ICE vehicles?

Last edited:

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
I think the gasoline or hybrid option is called a Wrangler, and it's currently available for purchase.
Sponsored