First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I love America, I'm just not thrilled with how it's morphed in the last three years. The divisiveness may play well to some, but most of us want to get back to sanity. The one government official who appears to be selfless through all of this is Governor Cuomo. What a huge contrast with national leadership.
Sponsored

Last edited:

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I love America, I'm just not thrilled with how it's morphed in the last three years. The divisiveness may play well to some, but most of us want to get back to sanity. The one government official who appears to be selfless through all of this is Governor Cuomo. What a huge contrast with national leadership.
That said, the presidential platitudes are very amusing to watch on the Federal information broadcasts. I have never seen such blatant ass-kissing in my life.

p.s. Fauci will be toast if he keeps correcting the President.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
That said, the presidential platitudes are very amusing to watch on the Federal information broadcasts. I have never seen such blatant ass-kissing in my life.

p.s. Fauci will be toast if he keeps correcting the President.
Cuomo has done a good job...Trump would probably be out of a job if Cuomo was running. On the other hand, Biden and Sanders are less than pathetic and irrelevant.... political retreads who don’t understand anything more than buying votes

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cuomo has done a good job...Trump would probably be out of a job if Cuomo was running. On the other hand, Biden and Sanders are less than pathetic and irrelevant.... political retreads who don’t understand anything more than buying votes
I agree with you. Perhaps a candidate who isn't an old, white man would be a breath of fresh air. And...I AM an old white man.

Sponsored

Kirby

First Name
Kirby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
fyi I got an email Monday morning saying my JLUR order was updated to KZ status and will arrive at my dealership between 4/03 and 4/17. But I guess it was already built and just barely made it out. I placed the order 2/20.

Also, dealerships in CA are still open and meeting customers by appointment. I looked at a Raptor in a moment of weakness after just going through a buyback on my 2019 JLUR and questioning my decision to get another Jeep after my 3rd one with major issues (transmission replaced at 8500 miles, axle lockers constantly failing, 40+ days out of service in less than a year, etc). I probably could get a better price right now on the Rubicon if I didn't already agree to 5% below invoice, but I won't push it. The Ford dealer was definitely willing to negotiate on the Raptor, which they usually try to sell well above MSRP.

Oh and the Ford dealer sent me out on the test drive alone. They made me sign something that was basically saying they are "loaning" me the vehicle. Which was good, because I wouldn't get into a car with a stranger right now. Super nice truck, but I know I would badly miss my Jeep. I go wheeling every weekend and the Raptor would be too limiting for where I drive.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I tend to think it would go the other way: You have people losing their jobs, worrying about money, AND putting their Jeeps up for sale, thus flooding the market? That's a

recipe for resale to tank, I think...

nobody is selling their Jeeps , we are all heading up to the hills to survive

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
As long as JEEP doesn’t help manufacture any medical supplies. We want to save lives, not kill them. Lol

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
As long as JEEP doesn’t help manufacture any medical supplies. We want to save lives, not kill them. Lol
Yes, saw a meme about a COVID-19 patient begging NOT to be put on a Ford respirator.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
FCA announces they plan to open their US factories April 14 (Ford also making same announcement, VW says April 5 for their Tennessee plant). UAW isn't sure they will agree to that date.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
FCA announces they plan to open their US factories April 14 (Ford also making same announcement, VW says April 5 for their Tennessee plant). UAW isn't sure they will agree to that date.
Interesting, thank you for posting this.

I have been thinking what America/employers/workers/government would do to “restart”. What seems to have worked in massive factories and small shops alike in Korea is a very simple protocol: test every worker for fever at the beginning of each shift. Temp? Go home. Then they follow up with COVID-19 screening/testing as needed. The plants/workplace stays open.

I found this on the Colorado State Pubilc Health Site yesterday, I don’t know how it’s being used or why. I think that is more a template for employers (maybe someone in Colorado can enlighten me):

Here is the actual webpage with the link:
https://covid19.colorado.gov/schools-workplaces-community

Click the link that says “NEW - Employee Health Screen”

this virus is not going away - even after this “pause” is finally called off. We will need pragmatic approaches to keep it under control until a vaccine can be made available in a year or more. Stuff like “temp checks” seem logical to me.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You do know that FDR was a Democrat, don't you? Did that make his fireside chats "fake news" :)

mr.t

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Biznuss
I am guessing mine was finished on the 12th from the sticker if that is a date code near the bottom.. (door jamb say 3/20) ...
Sponsored

Attachments