Jeep Production Plant Closes Due to Coronavirus

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
:CWL: They care about their assholes not smelling but their actions smell worse. And they need so much TP because they are effectively inefficient when it comes to cleaning their bungholes.. excuse me, assholes. They still stink! :CWL:

Hmmm... :movember:...

When this is all over, what say you and I buy stock in the manufacturer of goods a, b and c. And then we falsify information to the general public to suggest that goods a, b, and c are in such short supply that people need to run into their local stores to buy, buy, buy.

Let’s say that people do and the stock price thrives. And then you and I dump stock, cash in, walk away profitable and the hoarders are left with goods that nobody wants and nobody wanted.

Sad but stuff like this doesn’t seem too far from the truth. Makes me wonder who really is profiting from this entire fiasco?
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
:CWL: They care about their assholes not smelling but their actions smell worse. And they need so much TP because they are effectively inefficient when it comes to cleaning their bungholes.. excuse me, assholes. They still stink! :CWL:

Hmmm... :movember:...

When this is all over, what say you and I buy stock in the manufacturer of goods a, b and c. And then we falsify information to the general public to suggest that goods a, b, and c are in such short supply that people need to run into their local stores to buy, buy, buy.

Let’s say that people do and the stock price thrives. And then you and I dump stock, cash in, walk away profitable and the hoarders are left with goods that nobody wants and nobody wanted.

Sad but stuff like this doesn’t seem too far from the truth. Makes me wonder who really is profiting from this entire fiasco?
Sell enough fear and someone will buy it.

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Found the guy who didnt prepare. Have fun with those corncobs.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
:surprised:

Whoa there! You’re entitled to have an opinion but calm down!

I personally don’t do direct business in China and while I understand the sentiment of being angry, upset and mad at a nation AND while I am not a fan of most of what they do... I don’t think it’s okay to condemn every man, woman and child there because of their leaders and how their leaders deal in geopolitics.

Lastly, I found myself chuckling hard at Trump’s alleged staffer’s “Kung Flu” comment. That comment was pretty f*cking hilarious!!

Swaggy P

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
You know what's a silver lining about this virus? America will start making sh!t again. No more relying on other countries for everything, just a few things. I like that.

Sponsored

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
You know what's a silver lining about this virus? America will start making sh!t again. No more relying on other countries for everything, just a few things. I like that.
So true. It’s amazing how much of what comes out of Trumps mouth actually happens. The guy is an expert on nothing and yet somehow he is constantly proven right. Aside from how ridiculous it was for America to move all production to China, aside from tariffs working and being totally appropriate he is going to be proven right about the something else.

I have a bad feeling Mexico is going to make Italy look like a picnic if this breaks out there and that southern border...

Good news is that the treatment he keeps talking about that CNN mocks is legit, Hospitals are using it more and more.

TheMAnderson

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L (sold), 2022 Tundra Limited Hybrid
Doubt it. Would have to be a long shutdown just to make a dent on current on-hand inventory.
And, likewise, I doubt many people are doing much vehicle shopping right now.

My JLUR factory order finally came in last Monday - and I've been enjoying it all week - but the dealership was pretty much a ghost town both when I picked it up and when I went back to get the right tires (I specifically ordered it with the M/Ts, and it showed up with A/Ts)

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
If you believe that, they will just move to India, Mexico or whatever, and I don't even have faith they will move out of China at all, unless there are some dramatic tariffs throwing at them.

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
Things might change for a few years, then they’ll go back to the old ways. People forget very quickly.

I just hope we can at least designate medical supplies (including medicine) as a strategic resource and require manufacturing in the USA. Kinda like we treat food production and steel.

Sponsored

Comandore3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubikon 2door
My Jeep has been at the dealer for 29 days now; it’s waiting on a new automatic transmission. I wonder how this shut down will effect us waiting for major parts.
What is wrong with the transmission ???
Sponsored